[XS] Report Bugs STILL present in New .211 JB - Some bugs have solution

Search This thread

jacker60

Oct 18, 2010
Distrito Federal
Ok Sony released today .211 Firmware, so for those who already update to this latest build, what are the fixes?, what is still present?

I will update my phone in the weekend because right now I dont have too much time :p

Bugs:

IMPORTANT

• Laggy 1080p or even 720p recording video
  • Activating the camera, then pressing menu button gives you a little freeze with a black screen
  • Paid apps [Keyboards & Widgets mainly] every reboot has a strange behavior, keyboard change to stock and widgets sometimes dissapear from the launcher

Solution:

This is a problem that many phones have it, not only this FW as you can see in this SwiftKey forum support:
    Code:
    http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116693-2-bug-reports/suggestions/3017556-reverts-to-default-keyboard-at-reboot-restart

A workaround solution is to backup (with titanium for example) your APK that have this situation, then delete the original app and locate the APK and install it, this will fix the issue with both, keyboards and widgets :good:
  • Taking a photograph with the flash ON produce a "purple filter effect" in the photo

Solution:

(Open Camera > Normal Mode > Options > White Balance > Select any other than WB AUTO seems to fix these issue, thanks abhik2012 & Peter_95)

Less important, but still need attention!!

• Whatsapp (And GoSMS?) doesn't vibrate with sound and predetermined option in notifications
  • Sometimes the LED stays on all the time (for example with a full charge and disconnect, the LED stays on, a reboot will fix these)
  • Many users reporting problems with microphone, sometimes Google Now doesn't work for this situation (clean install?, update from ICS?)

• Walkman app sometimes stop playing music with web browsing, even sometimes without doing anything the music just stop
  • After a call, if the other person hangs up, the screen will stay ON but showing nothing (just black, seems that pattern unlock must be enabled) [NEW!]
  • Try too turn off screen with power button doesn't seem to work sometimes (doesnt happen for me... yet)
  • When low battery it says "enable Stamina Mode" besides there is no Stamina Mode in this phone :p
  • Volume up button sometimes seems it doesn't work at all
  • 2G networks doesn't connect (People reporting these, have you configured your APN's correctly?) There is a possible solution http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42123150#post42123150 here, who wants to try it? and report it back of course
  • 16:9 HDMI output video with HW acceleration enabled displays at 4:3

Solution?:

16:9 HDMI output video with SW encoding displays correctly (16:9), but without HW acceleration the video its almost impossible to watch [thanks Dr Goodvibes]

• Backup & restore doesnt let you backup only works for apps downloaded from the market with USB-OTG (intentionally?)*
    Solution:
    Install old ICS Backup & Restore and have fun :cool:

Download:
    Backup & Restore From ICS
    [Thanks Marsou77]

• Live Wallpapers sometimes just disappear showing only a black wallpaper, they return later from the shadows without doing anything, Sometimes in the reboot go back to the stock wallpaper

Possible solution:

If your Live wallpaper its a paid version, its likely that the solution for the widgets & keyboard will work too :fingers-crossed:

• Corporate E-mails accounts doesnt work, seems because they require encryption, that's its implemented, but not funcional, so it fails

Possible solution:

• Going to Settings -> Location service -> tapping "Acces to my location" (not the toggle) will cause a Force close in settings
    Image:

86v0.png

• Front camera formats Switched (4:3 shows a 16:9 format, and 16:9 format shows a 4:3)
    Image:

z0h.png

• Launcher redraws too many times

Try this:

Need to confirm / More details

• Poor signal or not signal at all sometimes / Mobile Data slow compared to ICS

"Bugs that are not really bugs" (so stop complaining about these :p)

• Color LED for SMS and Gmail now its a "strange" White (before was green) this is not a bug, just a change in the color
  • Facebook, XDA app, Games, etc.... seems working slow or with glitches sometimes (these are app related bugs, not Sony firmware fault)
  • Google maps services draining a lot of battery (Google's fault, nothing related to this firmware)
  • "I cant select text anymore because it appears the magnifier" This is not a bug, that is how it works, if you want to select text doble quick tap will show the text selector :good:

Bugs only in .200 Firmware!, no present in .211

[*] Wi-Fi not working in Iran (and Sirya?) (Sony already are aware of these and a bug fix its coming week 23 - 24) (Seems that in order to use Wi-Fi you need to be in Airplane mode or take out the SIM card :eek:) [Fixed in .211]

:rolleyes:

~Updates~

Sony already launch the update, so tell me what is still wrong? :rolleyes:

These bugs sometimes doesnt appear in all phones, for example if you just upgrade from ICS via PCC the keyboard bug doesn't appear, but if you make a clean install with SEUS, it appears...

Have you found another, or a fix to solve these? :highfive:

Some photos of the bugs here mentioned

Stamina Mode?

qn7g.png

Purple tint effect with flash

oppd.jpg

Same photo without flash & without that purple effect

6eg0.jpg

Some Widgets dissapear after reboot the phone...

Before turn it off

k6n.png
epxl.png
4hd.png

After reboot

fglq.png
2ot.png
2pp8.png

(I'm using Nova Launcher, but happens with stock launcher too, already tested)

SwiftKey Keyboard After reboot desactivated (Still missing trying with another Keyboards like Swype)

zv.png

Attachments

• Backup-wizard.apk
    683.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Bugs

here is a list of bugs i found

-Pressing the power button to turn on your screen doesent allways work.
-downloading files from some sites will end unsuccessfully (in ics too)
-Somtimes takes a long time to shutdown (2 mins avarage)
-Random Lag spikes
-sometimes apps dont work when installed from play store (reinstall needed unsure if xs or play store)

mrkidvn

Jan 22, 2013
Ho Chi Minh
here is a list of bugs i found

-Pressing the power button to turn on your screen doesent allways work.
-downloading files from some sites will end unsuccessfully (in ics too)
-Somtimes takes a long time to shutdown (2 mins avarage)
-Random Lag spikes
-sometimes apps dont work when installed from play store (reinstall needed unsure if xs or play store)

Power button problem too.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

quiel90

May 29, 2012
Rosario
So far, only 1... When i try to access to camera settings it goes like this

camera > menu button > black screen (sec or two) > camera again > menu again > then finally i'm able to see settings

bluechelsea

Dec 24, 2012
"didn't catch that. Try speaking again" in Google now. Doesn't even give me a chance to speak.

"internal application error" in voice recording.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

cornel.atomei

May 23, 2013
Focsani
Dunno if it's a bug or a jelly bean kernel related issue, but my maps drain the hell out of my battery. Right now, the Maps process is at 21%, screen 14%, cell standby 13%, google services 10% and android system 10%. Is it normal that my maps drain the battery more than my screen and operating system, even if i did not start the aplication lately? On stock ICS i did not have this problem... I came up from 6.1.A.0.55 stock, unrooted, did factory reset. So it's not a clean install issue. I think it's the rom, anyone have the same problem?

wc_how

Dec 27, 2010
I came from ICS and without any factory reset. The only bug is the lag video recording. I have slower shutdown time too but i don't think it is a bug(around 20secs)?? I don't have any other problems that listed in the first thread(Some functions i didn't use, so i didn't test).

reaper61616

Nov 23, 2010
Brodnica
So far I think its a very good update that sony do with this firmware

but i have to be honest I think there is a few bugs... I dont know....

Bugs I found:

• Backup & restore doesnt let you backup apps downloaded from the market
  • Whatsapp+ doesn't vibrate with sound and predetermined option in notifications
  • If you have another keyboard (Switkey in my case) every time you reboot the phone, need to make again the default entry method [annoying...]
  • Beatiful Widgets widgets dissapear every reboot

So far these bugs maybe will be annoying for some... for me the backup & restore its a shame because if I do a clean install will loose all my progress in my games...

so far I only noticed these 2 5 and the one you commented! :(

Bugs found for other users (as I make a clean installa of JB, some bugs here may be related to coming from a upgrade from ICS, when im unable to reproduce a bug I will comment it at the end)

• Try tu turn off screen with power button doesn't seem to work sometimes (doesnt happen for me... yet)
  • Long time to shutdown
  • Activating the camera, then pressing menu button gives you a little freeze with a black screen
  • Voice recording seems to fail (doesn't happen for me)
have you found another, or a fix to solve these? :highfive:

Backup is working with USB-OTG. Look:

When choose external memory:
Screenshot_2013-05-31-09-08-03.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-31-09-08-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-31-09-08-03.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 935

jacker60

Oct 18, 2010
Distrito Federal
Backup is working with USB-OTG. Look:

When choose external memory:
http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachdl/1ac3bfade5ae969ab69a092bc9806c43/51a84d3d/2/0/0/6/1/0/4/Screenshot_2013-05-31-09-08-03.jpg[/IMG[/HIDE]][/QUOTE]

Uooh, I figure it out when I say the option to choose where you want to do a backup..., I assume maybe with an external device you could do it.... in ICS you were able to do it in the internal memory, that was very useful, at least to do a clean install it looks you are going back with this backup & restore feature, at least for me, have to bought a cable :(

lilude56214

Feb 16, 2012
Dunno if it's a bug or a jelly bean kernel related issue, but my maps drain the hell out of my battery. Right now, the Maps process is at 21%, screen 14%, cell standby 13%, google services 10% and android system 10%. Is it normal that my maps drain the battery more than my screen and operating system, even if i did not start the aplication lately? On stock ICS i did not have this problem... I came up from 6.1.A.0.55 stock, unrooted, did factory reset. So it's not a clean install issue. I think it's the rom, anyone have the same problem?

yeah, google map or google services drains battery as hell. Convert map to user app and use "Greenify" app ( Play Store ) to hibernate all unused user app draining your battery ( easily check out in settings or 3rd app, for expamle "bettery batter stats" )

Reactions: ZACHARiAS_

jacker60

Oct 18, 2010
Distrito Federal
yeah, google map or google services drains battery as hell. Convert map to user app and use "Greenify" app ( Play Store ) to hibernate all unused user app draining your battery ( easily check out in settings or 3rd app, for expamle "bettery batter stats" )

Cant reproduce these behavior, I cant still root because have a locked bootloader so 100% stock firmware... just reboot to see if somthing changes and see if the keyboard or BW work ok, so it says only 2 minutes in the battery, but has been playing all the day and never see google maps draining battery

2013-05-31_02.00.59.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok Sony released today .211 Firmware, so for those who already update to this latest build, what are the fixes?, what is still present?

I will update my phone in the weekend because right now I dont have too much time :p

Bugs:

IMPORTANT

• Paid apps [Keyboards & Widgets mainly] every reboot has a strange behavior, keyboard change to stock and widgets sometimes dissapear from the launcher

Solution:

This is a problem that many phones have it, not only this FW as you can see in this SwiftKey forum support:
      Code:
      http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116693-2-bug-reports/suggestions/3017556-reverts-to-default-keyboard-at-reboot-restart

A workaround solution is to backup (with titanium for example) your APK that have this situation, then delete the original app and locate the APK and install it, this will fix the issue with both, keyboards and widgets :good:
    • Taking a photograph with the flash ON produce a "purple filter effect" in the photo

Solution:

(Open Camera > Normal Mode > Options > White Balance > Select any other than WB AUTO seems to fix these issue, thanks abhik2012 & Peter_95)

Less important, but still need attention!!

• Whatsapp (And GoSMS?) doesn't vibrate with sound and predetermined option in notifications
    • Sometimes the LED stays on all the time (for example with a full charge and disconnect, the LED stays on, a reboot will fix these)
    • Many users reporting problems with microphone, sometimes Google Now doesn't work for this situation (clean install?, update from ICS?)

• Walkman app sometimes stop playing music with web browsing, even sometimes without doing anything the music just stop
    • After a call, if the other person hangs up, the screen will stay ON but showing nothing (just black, seems that pattern unlock must be enabled) [NEW!]
    • Try too turn off screen with power button doesn't seem to work sometimes (doesnt happen for me... yet)
    • When low battery it says "enable Stamina Mode" besides there is no Stamina Mode in this phone :p
    • Volume up button sometimes seems it doesn't work at all
    • 2G networks doesn't connect (People reporting these, have you configured your APN's correctly?) There is a possible solution http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42123150#post42123150 here, who wants to try it? and report it back of course
    • 16:9 HDMI output video with HW acceleration enabled displays at 4:3

Solution?:

16:9 HDMI output video with SW encoding displays correctly (16:9), but without HW acceleration the video its almost impossible to watch [thanks Dr Goodvibes]

• Backup & restore doesnt let you backup only works for apps downloaded from the market with USB-OTG (intentionally?)*
      Solution:
      Install old ICS Backup & Restore and have fun :cool:

Download:
      Backup & Restore From ICS
      [Thanks Marsou77]

• Live Wallpapers sometimes just disappear showing only a black wallpaper, they return later from the shadows without doing anything, Sometimes in the reboot go back to the stock wallpaper

Possible solution:

If your Live wallpaper its a paid version, its likely that the solution for the widgets & keyboard will work too :fingers-crossed:

• Corporate E-mails accounts doesnt work, seems because they require encryption, that's its implemented, but not funcional, so it fails

Possible solution:

• Going to Settings -> Location service -> tapping "Acces to my location" (not the toggle) will cause a Force close in settings
      Image:

86v0.png

• Front camera formats Switched (4:3 shows a 16:9 format, and 16:9 format shows a 4:3)
      Image:

z0h.png

• Launcher redraws too many times

Try this:

Need to confirm / More details

• Poor signal or not signal at all sometimes / Mobile Data slow compared to ICS

"Bugs that are not really bugs" (so stop complaining about these :p)

• Color LED for SMS and Gmail now its a "strange" White (before was green) this is not a bug, just a change in the color
    • Facebook, XDA app, Games, etc.... seems working slow or with glitches sometimes (these are app related bugs, not Sony firmware fault)
    • Google maps services draining a lot of battery (Google's fault, nothing related to this firmware)
    • "I cant select text anymore because it appears the magnifier" This is not a bug, that is how it works, if you want to select text doble quick tap will show the text selector :good:

Bugs only in .200 Firmware!, no present in .211

[*] Wi-Fi not working in Iran (and Sirya?) (Sony already are aware of these and a bug fix its coming week 23 - 24) (Seems that in order to use Wi-Fi you need to be in Airplane mode or take out the SIM card :eek:) [Fixed in .211]

:rolleyes:

~Updates~

Sony already launch the update, so tell me what is still wrong? :rolleyes:

These bugs sometimes doesnt appear in all phones, for example if you just upgrade from ICS via PCC the keyboard bug doesn't appear, but if you make a clean install with SEUS, it appears...

Have you found another, or a fix to solve these? :highfive:

Some photos of the bugs here mentioned

Stamina Mode?

qn7g.png

Purple tint effect with flash

oppd.jpg

Same photo without flash & without that purple effect

6eg0.jpg

Some Widgets dissapear after reboot the phone...

Before turn it off

k6n.png
    epxl.png
    4hd.png

After reboot

fglq.png
    2ot.png
    2pp8.png

(I'm using Nova Launcher, but happens with stock launcher too, already tested)

SwiftKey Keyboard After reboot desactivated (Still missing trying with another Keyboards like Swype)

zv.png

Some details about the .211 bugfix release in the attachment.
    New Update, with fixes.

SONY:
    We have acknowledged this and plan to fix this in upcoming software update (6.2.B.0.211). The roll out of this update is planned to start week 23-24.

As always when rolling out new software versions. It might not reach your device upon roll out start since it rolls out gradually. I suggest that you use PC Companion, Update Service or Bridge for mac to check for software updates from time to time.

:laugh::laugh:
    week 23-24 is June 3-June16 ;)

Source:
    http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/478038#478038
    (comment no 23)

Got Certified too:
    http://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=20799
    I noticed just one bug --Shaggy 1080p video recording..

I don't know why other people arr experiencing so many bugs.
    Having a purple haze with photo when taken with flash, anyone have the same problem ??

Found a solution : Open Camera > Menu Options > White Balance > Select any other than WB AUTO ;)