[XT1572][EU] STOCK MM 6.0.1 SEPTEMBER patch + TWRP + root + xposed

Search This thread

BooBzi

Oct 11, 2012
Wrote down guide how to get STOCK version of Android for XT1572 - Moto X STYLE, and also install TWRP recovery and get root with xposed.
DSC_0047.jpgDSC_0048.jpgDSC_0042.jpgScreenshot_20160617-085055.pngScreenshot_20161117-185728.pngScreenshot_20170225-135159.png
Last UPDATE: 25/02/2017
1. GUIDE TO STOCK

@Prazaar 's provided link with STOCK files.
@lAndroXl guide here (Files also for other versions of device).
@dbolivar guide here for RETLA-DS (Brazil).
  • Stock 6.0.1 EU here, my mirror here (6.0.1 with security patch from September).
  • Flash scripts - here, or my script here. (for Windows - flashes STOCK files without re-locking bootloader, but also wipes data)
  • you need adb/fastboot drivers installed (Good ADB installer for PC can be found here);
  • you need to backup all your data on your phone, guide will erase everything;
  • reboot your phone into bootloader mode and plug in your usb cable which is connected to your PC. (power off your device then press the POWER and VOLUME DOWN button for 3-4 seconds);
  • Open a command prompt in the folder where you unpacked the zip file you downloaded before (press SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK on a empty space then "open command prompt here");
  • Check the functionality of the adb drivers, simply type "fastboot devices" and you will see a list with your connected devices in bootloader mode.
  • Type every single command in the command prompt window from the list below. (You can ignore OEM LOCK commands if you not wish to lock down bootloader, but just update device to latest version of Android!);
Code:
fastboot oem lock begin
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
[INDENT](for [B]5.1.1 [/B]there are one more file)
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9[/INDENT]
[INDENT](for [B]6.0.1[/B] there are more files)
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.10
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.11[/INDENT]
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize (optional: will erase any customizations if ordered through motomaker)
fastboot erase clogo (optional: will erase the custom boot logo if ordered through motomaker)
fastboot oem lock
fastboot reboot
2. UNLOCK BOORLOADER.
Remember, that after unlocking bootloader, all device will be WIPED.
Code:
fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY

3. FLASH TWRP RECOVERY.
twrp-3.0.2-0-clark.img from here.
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-clark.img
Note: After flashing TWRP, boot into custom recovery and make restart to recovery again!

4. INSTALL SUPERSU.

• Flash 2.62-3 from TWRP from here. (Later from Play Store upgrade to latest version);
    OR
  • Flash latest SuperSU root ZIP from here.
    (before flashing this, TWRP-Advanced-Terminal and enter "echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu" and then flash ZIP file.)

5. INSTALL XPOSED.

6. To make OTA update.

Screenshot_20161117-185728.png
  • Remove XPOSED (can be turned off from XPOSED app) + UNROOT (can be done from SUPERSU app) + remove MAGISK (use latest unintaller from thread);
  • Flash STOCK recovery file from FASTBOOT (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img);
  • Now you can perform OTA update;
  • Follow all steps from guide (I do - > TWRP, SYSTEMLESS ROOT, MAGISK, XPOSED).

Last edited:

danielgava

Nov 10, 2009
Campinas/SP
I have a Brazilian xt1572 with marshmallow via OTA. Do you think this method will work for me? I mean, without flashing the 6.0 firmware first?

Enviado de meu XT1572 usando Tapatalk

bbb77

Feb 10, 2009
But if you make TWRP read only, how can you flash SuperSu and Xposed Framework?

Inviato dal mio XT1572 utilizzando Tapatalk

BooBzi

Oct 11, 2012
I have a Brazilian xt1572 with marshmallow via OTA. Do you think this method will work for me? I mean, without flashing the 6.0 firmware first?

Its hard to tell that. After upgrading mine stock 5.1.1 to 6.0 via OTA, I unlocked bootloader, but didnt do device restart and did flash TWRP, after that mine device got bootloop. If you are ready to experiment, you can try, but remember that you will wipe all your data on internal storage. Its strange why now I can boot up my device, I think that restart of device after unlocking bootloader and restart after booting into twrp (read only), could change something.

Reactions: danielgava

sayV

May 28, 2012
Mumbai
What about Indian XT1572?

Can anyone confirm this for India? Or should I risk being the first one to try it on an Indian XT1572 Dual Sim? Although I'll have to wait for a week. My phone is at the service center currently. It apparently had a manufacturing defect in the audio jack. :(

jason2678

Jul 1, 2014
St. Paul
Any XT1575 owners doing this with success?

XT1575 US here. This worked for me on the second try. I followed the procedure in the OP with the following exceptions. Never unchecked system read only in step 3, and never installed xposed. I used the systemless supersu version referenced in the OP and I'm rooted. Confirmed with a few apps that require root like LMT Pie.

The first time I tried this I fastboot flashed, booted straight into recovery, kept system read only, rebooted to recovery, then rebooted into the ROM before I made any changes. I just wanted to be extra sure everything was ok. When I tried to reboot to recovery I got the "no command" error with the android laying on his back. Rooting, even if it is systemless seems to be necessary before you reboot into the system to make TWRP stick.

danielgava

Nov 10, 2009
Campinas/SP
XT1575 US here. This worked for me on the second try. I followed the procedure in the OP with the following exceptions. Never unchecked system read only in step 3, and never installed xposed. I used the systemless supersu version referenced in the OP and I'm rooted. Confirmed with a few apps that require root like LMT Pie.

The first time I tried this I fastboot flashed, booted straight into recovery, kept system read only, rebooted to recovery, then rebooted into the ROM before I made any changes. I just wanted to be extra sure everything was ok. When I tried to reboot to recovery I got the "no command" error with the android laying on his back. Rooting, even if it is systemless seems to be necessary before you reboot into the system to make TWRP stick.
You are absolutely right! When I first tried this method I almost lost my device, since when uncheking "system read only" it some how wiped my baseband, and through rsd I was not been able to flash it back... Had to dig a lot in Google to recover it...
So the good way is: unlock bootloader, install systemless SuperSU via fastboot, boot up, go to bootloader, install TWRP by fastboot, boot in it twice, never uncheking read-only, than you can even install Xposed (I'm using it, it's OK)

BooBzi

Oct 11, 2012
You are absolutely right! When I first tried this method I almost lost my device, since when uncheking "system read only" it some how wiped my baseband, and through rsd I was not been able to flash it back... Had to dig a lot in Google to recover it...
So the good way is: unlock bootloader, install systemless SuperSU via fastboot, boot up, go to bootloader, install TWRP by fastboot, boot in it twice, never uncheking read-only, than you can even install Xposed (I'm using it, it's OK)

I will appreciate if you could explain how did you install SuperSu via fastboot?
Thanks!

For "TWRP - read only" I can refer to SuperSu thread:
"If TWRP offers you to keep /system read-only, indeed keep it read-only.
If TWRP tells you SuperSU is not installed, and asks you to install it, do not do it, you will break things!
"

Last edited:

amit.lohar

Can anyone confirm this for India? Or should I risk being the first one to try it on an Indian XT1572 Dual Sim? Although I'll have to wait for a week. My phone is at the service center currently. It apparently had a manufacturing defect in the audio jack. :(

all is good.. @freakzapster has already done this aanndd it works fine ;)

Reactions: sayV

danielgava

Nov 10, 2009
Campinas/SP
I will appreciate if you could explain how did you install SuperSu via fastboot?
Thanks!

For "TWRP - read only" I can refer to SuperSu thread:
"If TWRP offers you to keep /system read-only, indeed keep it read-only.
If TWRP tells you SuperSU is not installed, and asks you to install it, do not do it, you will break things!
"
Sorry I meant via ADB. Here is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=64055153

Reactions: BooBzi

Alanbarnes

Dec 30, 2015
parramatta
I have an Australian xt1752 Moto X style and i tried the trupure MM rom.
my steps were:
unlock
install TWRP
backup the entire phone , all of it to external card and then save the backup to pc just in case
wipe all partitions except for internal and ext card
flash the trupure mm rom already rooted and ready for exposed.
clear cache
boot

problem is i dont have wifi working and if i flash the modem either from the eu 5.1.1 or the us or the indian version my wifi works but then the sim card stops being detected and no calling or sms working.

what i didnt try is flashing one of these modems and then restoring my efs partition from the backup of twrp.

Other then this the phone is much much faster especially for gaming.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

i had the android laying on his back with no command screen in recovery once aswell, what i did was while at that screen i press power + up for 3 second and release up and then its taken to the default recovery menu

BooBzi

Oct 11, 2012
I have an Australian xt1752 Moto X style and i tried the trupure MM rom.
my steps were:
unlock
install TWRP
backup the entire phone , all of it to external card and then save the backup to pc just in case
wipe all partitions except for internal and ext card
flash the trupure mm rom already rooted and ready for exposed.
clear cache
boot

problem is i dont have wifi working and if i flash the modem either from the eu 5.1.1 or the us or the indian version my wifi works but then the sim card stops being detected and no calling or sms working.

what i didnt try is flashing one of these modems and then restoring my efs partition from the backup of twrp.

Other then this the phone is much much faster especially for gaming.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

i had the android laying on his back with no command screen in recovery once aswell, what i did was while at that screen i press power + up for 3 second and release up and then its taken to the default recovery menu

For wifi you can flash TruPureXMM modem!

agonowiec

Aug 28, 2013
I did almost the same but I skip " changed to read only, and reboot to recovery again, so it sticks on. Reboot device normally, see that it boots normal. After that, I boot to TWRP again, uncheck read only on mount menu."

After instalation SU and xspoed in twrp reboot system i got loop x2 or x3 but after that system loaded

android starts up

optimalization apps xx/175 :_)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wrote down guide how to get STOCK version of Android for XT1572 - Moto X STYLE, and also install TWRP recovery and get root with xposed.
    DSC_0047.jpgDSC_0048.jpgDSC_0042.jpgScreenshot_20160617-085055.pngScreenshot_20161117-185728.pngScreenshot_20170225-135159.png
    Last UPDATE: 25/02/2017
    1. GUIDE TO STOCK

@Prazaar 's provided link with STOCK files.
    @lAndroXl guide here (Files also for other versions of device).
    @dbolivar guide here for RETLA-DS (Brazil).
    • Stock 6.0.1 EU here, my mirror here (6.0.1 with security patch from September).
    • Flash scripts - here, or my script here. (for Windows - flashes STOCK files without re-locking bootloader, but also wipes data)
    • you need adb/fastboot drivers installed (Good ADB installer for PC can be found here);
    • you need to backup all your data on your phone, guide will erase everything;
    • reboot your phone into bootloader mode and plug in your usb cable which is connected to your PC. (power off your device then press the POWER and VOLUME DOWN button for 3-4 seconds);
    • Open a command prompt in the folder where you unpacked the zip file you downloaded before (press SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK on a empty space then "open command prompt here");
    • Check the functionality of the adb drivers, simply type "fastboot devices" and you will see a list with your connected devices in bootloader mode.
    • Type every single command in the command prompt window from the list below. (You can ignore OEM LOCK commands if you not wish to lock down bootloader, but just update device to latest version of Android!);
    Code:
    fastboot oem lock begin
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
    [INDENT](for [B]5.1.1 [/B]there are one more file)
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9[/INDENT]
    [INDENT](for [B]6.0.1[/B] there are more files)
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.10
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.11[/INDENT]
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase customize (optional: will erase any customizations if ordered through motomaker)
    fastboot erase clogo (optional: will erase the custom boot logo if ordered through motomaker)
    fastboot oem lock
    fastboot reboot
    2. UNLOCK BOORLOADER.
    Remember, that after unlocking bootloader, all device will be WIPED.
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY

3. FLASH TWRP RECOVERY.
    twrp-3.0.2-0-clark.img from here.
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-clark.img
    Note: After flashing TWRP, boot into custom recovery and make restart to recovery again!

4. INSTALL SUPERSU.

• Flash 2.62-3 from TWRP from here. (Later from Play Store upgrade to latest version);
      OR
    • Flash latest SuperSU root ZIP from here.
      (before flashing this, TWRP-Advanced-Terminal and enter "echo SYSTEMLESS=true>>/data/.supersu" and then flash ZIP file.)

5. INSTALL XPOSED.

6. To make OTA update.

Screenshot_20161117-185728.png
    • Remove XPOSED (can be turned off from XPOSED app) + UNROOT (can be done from SUPERSU app) + remove MAGISK (use latest unintaller from thread);
    • Flash STOCK recovery file from FASTBOOT (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img);
    • Now you can perform OTA update;
    • Follow all steps from guide (I do - > TWRP, SYSTEMLESS ROOT, MAGISK, XPOSED).
    Instead of flashing it via fastvoot u can directly flash it by twrp....

U need to wipe everything nd then flash it wid respective gapps..
    ???! He is talking about stock rom. Gapps? Don't answer to people if you don't know what the f are you talking about.
    http://dl.prazaar.de/?dir=Android/XT1572/Factory/6.0.1

Getapatalkt von meinem Moto X Style
    Any XT1575 owners doing this with success?

So I can unlock with unique code and still have warranty if re-lock? Motorola don't use this system info to now?
    Once unlocked moto will always know. No reason to ever relock.