XT1572 updating from nothing

Search This thread

ruyven_macaran

Mar 3, 2021
Hi.
This might be a very noobish question, but these cannot be avoided from a noob who pretty much avoided smartphones until now:
Can someone explain to me how I get a never used EU clark up to date?
Apperently the former owner had it sitting in a drawer since *ever*, so it is still on Android 5.1.1 (systemversion reports 23.21.18.clarkreteu though, which sound like a resonable recent date to me). The phone claims to have the newest software installed and support was no help either, but apparently there were once OTA updates at least to 7.0 and even that is barely sufficient for many apps nowadays. (Not that I intend to use many apps, as I dislike the Google play store)
I searched several days in vain for some form of guide, but every single one i found expected at least an 6.0.x bootloader and most unofficial=new OS even start out with Nougat installed. But how can I get there? (Or, if it is resonable easy, directly to some current LineageOS or whatever you recommend.)

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X2
Motorola Droid 3
Hi.
This might be a very noobish question, but these cannot be avoided from a noob who pretty much avoided smartphones until now:
Can someone explain to me how I get a never used EU clark up to date?
Apperently the former owner had it sitting in a drawer since *ever*, so it is still on Android 5.1.1 (systemversion reports 23.21.18.clarkreteu though, which sound like a resonable recent date to me). The phone claims to have the newest software installed and support was no help either, but apparently there were once OTA updates at least to 7.0 and even that is barely sufficient for many apps nowadays. (Not that I intend to use many apps, as I dislike the Google play store)
I searched several days in vain for some form of guide, but every single one i found expected at least an 6.0.x bootloader and most unofficial=new OS even start out with Nougat installed. But how can I get there? (Or, if it is resonable easy, directly to some current LineageOS or whatever you recommend.)
The easiest way to update stock is LMSA.

ruyven_macaran

Mar 3, 2021
Hi & both thanks for your quick reply & sorry for not coming back earlier. But LMSA proved very troublesome, promting me to delay my experiments until easter. Results after a quite some additional hours (restart, reboots, reinstalls, various methods of access, trying each and every menu on phone and in LMSA,...) however remains zero.

No matter how I do access the rescue option, after selecting my phone (auto detect only works in "my device"), come only the "wait for matching software" prompt and than, a grey, semi transparend overlay. On the first dozen or so tries I thought LMSA crashed completely (causing me to run extensive tests of my PC before retries...), because it remains visible but does not response to any clicks. Now I noticed that I can still access the window itself via task manager, only mouse clicks are captured by said overlay. I guess some rescue process is supposed to start, but it simply does not for me.

(Alternative) Suggestions?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X2
Motorola Droid 3
Hi & both thanks for your quick reply & sorry for not coming back earlier. But LMSA proved very troublesome, promting me to delay my experiments until easter. Results after a quite some additional hours (restart, reboots, reinstalls, various methods of access, trying each and every menu on phone and in LMSA,...) however remains zero.

No matter how I do access the rescue option, after selecting my phone (auto detect only works in "my device"), come only the "wait for matching software" prompt and than, a grey, semi transparend overlay. On the first dozen or so tries I thought LMSA crashed completely (causing me to run extensive tests of my PC before retries...), because it remains visible but does not response to any clicks. Now I noticed that I can still access the window itself via task manager, only mouse clicks are captured by said overlay. I guess some rescue process is supposed to start, but it simply does not for me.

With LMSA try starting the phone in bootloader ap fastboot mode, then connect to PC, then start LMSA, select rescue.

Looks like this is the last update for Clark RetEU
RETEU/XT1572_CLARK_RETEU_7.0_NPHS25.200-15-8_cid7_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

The next best option is RSD Lite, but this only works with older Window 7 or Xp PCs
If you don't have an older PC use fastboot.exe or mfastboot.exe
download the firmware from the lolinet link, unzip the file, find flashfile.xml, open with a text editor like notepad, copy text and paste at online flashfile convertor, to get flash commands.
Links in

Reactions: ruyven_macaran

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

With LMSA try starting the phone in bootloader ap fastboot mode, then connect to PC, then start LMSA, select rescue.

The next best option is RSD Lite, but this only works with older Window 7 or Xp PCs
    download the firmware from the lolinet link, unzip the file, find flashfile.xml, open with a text editor like notepad, copy text and paste at online flashfile convertor, to get flash commands.
    Links in
    Older PCs are speciality of mine. :)
    RDS worked perfectly and I am on 7.0 now. Thanks a lot.

Links in
    Older PCs are speciality of mine. :)
    RDS worked perfectly and I am on 7.0 now. Thanks a lot.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone