• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[XT1575][FIRMWARE][OFFICIAL] Moto X Pure Factory Firmware Nougat NPH25.200-22

Search This thread

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
I take no credit for this, thank the Motorola-Firmware-Team on Android File Host, and you can follow any leaked firmware on their Twitter feed.

I no longer have a Moto X Pure Edition, so I can't personally vouch for this firmware, but it seems like it is a totally legit full factory firmware image of Nougat NPH25.200-22 for flashing in fastboot.

This is the "official" full factory image of Nougat NPH25.200-22 and NOT the OTA file. It can be used for a clean flash and to relock the bootloader which is recommended to pass SafetyNet API checks if you are planning on staying stock and not rooting.

Flashfile.xml shows: version="clark_retus-user 7.0 NPH25.200-22 21 release-keysM8992_1255331.29.01.88.09R", MD5 matches, and all dates are correct.

This is ONLY for the Moto X Pure Edition, Retail US (RETUS) variant. I have no information on any other firmware or device.

Tested and verified as official Nougat factory ROM image by @Andromendous

This image is NOT flashable in TWRP, like all factory images it is flashed with fastboot in the bootloader... How to flash:

Code:
fastboot oem lock begin (if wanting to re-lock bootloader, othewise use `fastboot oem fb_mode_set`)
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1 
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize
fastboot erase clogo
fastboot oem lock (only if you used `fastboot oem lock begin`, otherwise end with `fastboot oem fb_mode_clear`)
fastboot reboot
See https://forum.xda-developers.com/mo...de-return-to-stock-relock-bootloader-t3489110 for detailed instructions

Downloads
Original source: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620765304
Google Drive mirror: [removed]

Last edited:

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Pure
Moto X4
@acejavelin: Since you have been one of the guru's on this phone, can this file be flashed in fastboot directly if I am on stock MM android December update rooted with Magisk and TWRP installed? I just want to make sure that when I am ready to take the plunge, I can take the minimal work procedure since I factory wipe after all major updates anyway.

AsquareX

Mar 18, 2012
Kalyan
Does this mean people who haven't received 7.0 OTA can flash this ROM and get Nougat without any complications such as corrupted bootloader and stuff? Also read multiple times that downgrading to 6.0 and again upgrading to 7.0 via OTA corrupts the bootloader leading to hard brick (which is now solver using external SD), will flashing this would solve this too?

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Pure
Moto X4
Yes... This is the pure stock factory image for Nougat, it can be flashed, used to lock the bootloader, fix the "preflash validation" issues, etc. like any factory image.

There should be no issue applying it over a downgraded version, as long as you flash the entire image.
Great! I plan on holding on to this phone for about another 6 months or so and might as well get the update. Will probably go over to stock nougat in December. Custom ROMs just always seem to have at best some minor issue(s) that prevents me from sticking with them.

Andromendous

Feb 15, 2014
I flashed it manually while on Hashbangs LOS rom. I was stuck on 6.0 modem and tried to just flash the modem, which made me lose sim service. I then flashed the entire imagine manually and booted just fine.

Now I'm back to LOS with 7.0 modem and so far so good. Hashbang is doing a great job, he's already cleaned multiple bugs just today.

andromobilogy

Dec 2, 2013
So no difference between flashing this and a possible future OTA update one? I downgraded from custom 7.1 to stock 6 and now been weeks waiting for this 7 OTA update which probably wont even see the 2017.

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
So no difference between flashing this and a possible future OTA update one? I downgraded from custom 7.1 to stock 6 and now been weeks waiting for this 7 OTA update which probably wont even see the 2017.
We don't know that for sure... NPH25.200-22 is what has been rolling out to Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T devices, but it seems that Verizon users are getting NPH25.200-23 according to one verified (via screen shot) report on Lenovo's official forum.

The issue is we know the Moto OTA server keeps track of what device get's what version, if you flash this it won't know you have it so if a future OTA update comes out, you might be offered it via push and will have to wait until it's available by pull.

CLETjB

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Oh
Can we Re-lock bootloader with this version?

AND...

If you flash this version NPH25.200-23, will you still be able to install a SIM from another carrier, say Sprint, T-Mobile, or AT&T, and not be pigeon holed into a specific wireless Plan from VZW with their own Propietary APPs like VZW Cloud?

Last edited:

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Can we Re-lock bootloader with this version?

AND...

If you flash this version NPH25.200-23, will you still be able to install a SIM from another carrier, say Sprint, T-Mobile, or AT&T, and not be pigeon holed into a specific wireless Plan from VZW with their own Propietary APPs like VZW Cloud?
Yes, you can relock... unless you have already applied NPH25.200-23, otherwise you should be able to relock from ANY version out there currently.

We don't know what's up with NPH25.200-23 for sure though... recently Moto has been doing "different" versions for Verizon users that don't seem to get to anyone else, we also see it in the Moto G5+, and we don't know the differences either. Most likely it's just a minor VZW specific change and can be ignored. If the update does get pushed later, you should have no issues taking the OTA update when on this firmware, it is the official factory image.

ghitus

Mar 9, 2014
@ acejavelin
I know that I'm a bit OT, but I think that this thread is the most suitable for my request: do you know if there is a nougat factory image available also for the xt1572?
Thanks in advance,
Gaetano.

Inviato dal mio XT1572 utilizzando Tapatalk

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
@ acejavelin
I know that I'm a bit OT, but I think that this thread is the most suitable for my request: do you know if there is a nougat factory image available also for the xt1572?
Thanks in advance,
Gaetano.

Inviato dal mio XT1572 utilizzando Tapatalk
As I stated in the first post... no, I have idea or information about any other images for other variants and I suggest following MotoFirmware123 on Twitter as that is the best place to find leaked firmware. Motonovo has gotten very tight on letting firmware get out, but if it becomes available this is likely where it will come from, IF it ever gets leaked.

Last edited:
Reactions: ghitus

Oaklands

Aug 1, 2011
Just curious. I recently moved on to a Note 8 and want to give my son my Moto X Pure. Does this file put default recovery on the phone as well? I tried to factory reset it last night (had it rooted with TWRP installed) and now it will only boot into TWRP. I just want it all stock for him.

Thanks

acejavelin

Recognized Contributor
Sep 3, 2009
Lincoln, ND
Just curious. I recently moved on to a Note 8 and want to give my son my Moto X Pure. Does this file put default recovery on the phone as well? I tried to factory reset it last night (had it rooted with TWRP installed) and now it will only boot into TWRP. I just want it all stock for him.

Thanks
Yes, it is an official stock firmware image... if properly flashed with fastboot it will restore the device to 100% factory conditions, including recovery.

Reactions: Oaklands

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no credit for this, thank the Motorola-Firmware-Team on Android File Host, and you can follow any leaked firmware on their Twitter feed.

I no longer have a Moto X Pure Edition, so I can't personally vouch for this firmware, but it seems like it is a totally legit full factory firmware image of Nougat NPH25.200-22 for flashing in fastboot.

This is the "official" full factory image of Nougat NPH25.200-22 and NOT the OTA file. It can be used for a clean flash and to relock the bootloader which is recommended to pass SafetyNet API checks if you are planning on staying stock and not rooting.

Flashfile.xml shows: version="clark_retus-user 7.0 NPH25.200-22 21 release-keysM8992_1255331.29.01.88.09R", MD5 matches, and all dates are correct.

This is ONLY for the Moto X Pure Edition, Retail US (RETUS) variant. I have no information on any other firmware or device.

Tested and verified as official Nougat factory ROM image by @Andromendous

This image is NOT flashable in TWRP, like all factory images it is flashed with fastboot in the bootloader... How to flash:

Code:
    fastboot oem lock begin (if wanting to re-lock bootloader, othewise use `fastboot oem fb_mode_set`)
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.8
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.9
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1 
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase customize
    fastboot erase clogo
    fastboot oem lock (only if you used `fastboot oem lock begin`, otherwise end with `fastboot oem fb_mode_clear`)
    fastboot reboot
    See https://forum.xda-developers.com/mo...de-return-to-stock-relock-bootloader-t3489110 for detailed instructions

Downloads
    Original source: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620765304
    Google Drive mirror: [removed]
    Yes... This is the pure stock factory image for Nougat, it can be flashed, used to lock the bootloader, fix the "preflash validation" issues, etc. like any factory image.

There should be no issue applying it over a downgraded version, as long as you flash the entire image.
    Are the VoLTE and HD Voice working?
    All the LTE bands? This last one can be checked with Cellmapper app (on Nougat it does not require root to show the actual LTE frequencies in use).
    It has been tested many times in varying locations on Verizon with 22 software... VoLTE, HD Voice, and all compatible, supported bands in Verizon function normally. At this time we don't know why Verizon didn't approve 22 software and did approve 23, but it seems not really carrier specific because AT&T and T-Mobile did the same thing.
    @acejavelin according to many G+ post's I'm seeing, it seems that T-mobile users are getting the -23 update version (and Verizon as stated before). If you happen to see the full firmware or the OTA zip for that update, please let us know. I'm hoping someone with root can grab that OTA file. I've tried clean flashing the -22 build (I'm on Verizon), but did not get an OTA notification for -23. I'm setup now, so I won't try it again until I have some more time, but I may have to go back to MM and OTA up in order to grab this -23 OTA zip.

Maybe someone with root can kindly extract the .23 OTA and upload it for us before they install it and save me 1/2 a day of triggering the OTA manually...
    From what we have seen, .22 and .23 are almost identical, except for a change in the radios that no one has seen a difference in yet. No one with 22 has seen an upgrade to 23 either, so getting the OTA file isn't useful if you are already on 22. Remember OTA's are delta updates and can only be applied to specific versions of software, this one (NPH25.200-23) can only be applied to the 18-16 Marshmallow firmware.

We don't know if people with 22 will see an upgrade to 23, or if Moto will see them as functionally equivalent and not bother to upgrade (this has happened with other devices).

Honestly, don't expect this factory image to surface for several months and most likely not year this for sure, if it ever does show up, just like it took .22 forever to surface. Again, Moto is very tight about factory firmware images now, a "leak" is the only way they get out now. For the best info, follow Motorola-Firmware-Team's Twitter feed.
    We don't know that for sure... NPH25.200-22 is what has been rolling out to Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T devices, but it seems that Verizon users are getting NPH25.200-23 according to one verified (via screen shot) report on Lenovo's official forum.

The issue is we know the Moto OTA server keeps track of what device get's what version, if you flash this it won't know you have it so if a future OTA update comes out, you might be offered it via push and will have to wait until it's available by pull.