Xtended Settings xposed module

Search This thread

RichmondoUK

Jan 2, 2008
Eastbourne
Xtended settings app is now available for samsung touchwiz oreo roms which overcomes reading shared prefs from android server system hooks (`android` package). Oreo update for beta users only. Anyone can opt in.
App is already avail for kitkat, lollipop, marshmallow and nougat htc and samsung devices. Samsung from marshmallow on.

Search in google play for app as really cant be bothered to create a graphical thread :)

Note ... designed for STOCK roms without rom developers own individual tweaks as it clashes in cases. I hope this is a common sense statement. :)

Also a little treat for United Kingdom H3G users, tethering mod allows 3 not to detect if your hotspotting (Tethering). If you have unlimited data plan, see your hotspot allowance stay untouched :)
Play Store link ...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=richmondouk.xtended.settings&hl=en_GB

Beta test opt in link ...
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/richmondouk.xtended.settings

Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Very happy to see your return @RichmondoUK.
Thank you so much for all the effort you've put into this gem over the years.

Looking forward to if/when this might become Oreo compatible as well.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

RichmondoUK

Jan 2, 2008
Eastbourne
:).

Well it is oreo ready, just for Samsung s8 users. When htc10 gets oreo i will sort that out. im not supporting any more htc devices later than m10 as they are ... well rubbish :)
App will prob work when that happens as had minimal changes to do

Last edited:
Reactions: santod040

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal

Well it is oreo ready, just for Samsung s8 users. When htc10 gets oreo i will sort that out. im not supporting any more htc devices later than m10 as they are ... well rubbish :)
Good:
Oreo for the 10 HAS arrived for WWE, US Unlocked, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and possibly more...

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

treetolber

Jun 29, 2008
Las Vegas
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I got everything flashed and ready to use, passes Magisk and Xposed Installer says it's all good. When I open the app it hangs up on gaining root access. Anything known about this?

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I got everything flashed and ready to use, passes Magisk and Xposed Installer says it's all good. When I open the app it hangs up on gaining root access. Anything known about this?

**UPDATE**
Never mind. It's all good now.

rikita

Jun 13, 2008
I'm trying to get this module to work on LG V30 (US998) with stock rom (7.1.2), bootloader unlocked, magisk root. Installs fine, but when I enable the power button flashlight I get System UI crash. Any ideas?

FinassaR

Jul 25, 2018
I really wish this was able to be used by my device. I have Xposed Framework and am rooted. However I tried three times to install and use this app , even doing what I was supposed to do by activating and rebooting my device. After all this, your app makes it so when the phone reboots my UI is black and phone is basically a brick without the actual bricking. I tried to use xposed module deactivator to deactivate your app to no avail. Luckily I was able to flash the Xposed uninstaller zip in order to reboot my phone with no black UI issue or disfunction. Unfortunately I also have to completely wipe Xposed cache and data and reinstall Xposed Framework in order to to continue using Xposed and the modules that are WORKING PROPERLY. I read the description of tour app on the google play store and it was supposed to be compatible with my devices ROM and everything the sun. But yeah, your app does more harm than the good it was suppose to do. I really hope that I am the only user out there who has had to give a bad review. I didn't give the review on the play store, what you are reading right now is the review. I am glad that your app can be used by others and it's been helpful for them as I read in the reviews.

Peacemaker69

Jan 31, 2016
Nis
Hello RichmondoUK,

Xtended Settings doesn't work with HTC one M9+ with ChinaSense 7.5.2... It was okay before wih standard Europe Ruu Sense 7.0, but I change to stock China rom because it is more secure and fast in any possible way...
I'm asking you here is it any way to fix this issue ? --The problem is that it's install but cannot open the app. Gives error message..

Any help ?

Cheers!
P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xtended settings app is now available for samsung touchwiz oreo roms which overcomes reading shared prefs from android server system hooks (`android` package). Oreo update for beta users only. Anyone can opt in.
    App is already avail for kitkat, lollipop, marshmallow and nougat htc and samsung devices. Samsung from marshmallow on.

Search in google play for app as really cant be bothered to create a graphical thread :)

Note ... designed for STOCK roms without rom developers own individual tweaks as it clashes in cases. I hope this is a common sense statement. :)

Also a little treat for United Kingdom H3G users, tethering mod allows 3 not to detect if your hotspotting (Tethering). If you have unlimited data plan, see your hotspot allowance stay untouched :)
    Play Store link ...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=richmondouk.xtended.settings&hl=en_GB

Beta test opt in link ...
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/richmondouk.xtended.settings