Xthermal Mod - Fast Charging + CPU + GPU Tweaks

Which profile do you like?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ravinder0003

Mar 14, 2012
Original thread for Nexus 6P is located here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...t/xthermal-mod-fast-charging-cpu-gpu-t3433784

Hi Guys,

After a very successful journey from Redmi 1s to Nexus 6P, I'm now here with my Xthermal Mod for Mi 5.

I'm personally testing the mod since a week and will be rolling out all the profiles soon.

Till then I need your help to test it out in different conditions.

Please join and help me to make it more better this time.

I'm attaching Fast Charge only profile as of now.
Edit: Xthermal Performance + Back to stock added...

I've tried this with MIUI 8 (6.9.29), but Ampere still showing only 1500.

1. Stock charger supports max 2000 mah.
2. Max Charging current is controlled by the Kernel itself.
As soon as battery level increases the charging current goes down.
You might have observed that if battery level is below 50% then charging is super fast but after 60% it is very slow.

If you (your apps) do not use the handset resources much while charging then you do not need this mod.
If you use your handset while charging (which is strongly not recommended) example for gaming, browsing or chatting etc then the temperature rises slowly slowly.

The stock limits are very aggressive and it starts throttling and your cpu, gpu and charging speeds goes down.
So this mod comes into play here and delays the throttling a bit resulting in better cpu, gpu and charging results.

Does it produces more heat?
Heat is directly related with performance. This mod itself doesn't produce any heat but yes delaying the throttling means the handset is able to use all your resources even if temps rises hence may result in a bit more heat + more performance.

The results are more amazing if you have a fast charger.
I believe there is no risk in flashing this but still don't blame me for all your actions.

******************OTA doesn't break after flashing the zips***************

contact me:
telegram @ravinder0003
email [email protected]
Thanks

Attachments

• Xthermal_Fast_Charge.zip
    380 KB · Views: 11,824
  • Back_To_Stock.zip
    380 KB · Views: 5,616
  • Xthermal_Performance.zip
    379.9 KB · Views: 10,338
Last edited:

baszu

Jan 1, 2007
I don't see "thermal-engine-8996.conf" file in my rom. Assume I can just delete the file (or re-install rom) to revert to default.
By the way, do you know what's default value for each before this mod? Hope this mod not increase the threshold too much. Worry it will boom.
I've read original thread, what I understand is our phone will charge faster but trade off with hotter while charging.

D:\adb>adb shell "su -c 'ls -l /system/etc/themal*'"
/system/etc/themal*: No such file or directory

pletpetplet

Aug 27, 2010
Just flash performance zip.on miui 8 6.9.29 i feel the phone faster then before,fast charging work good,just for test from 20%to100% 50min.Good joob :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original thread for Nexus 6P is located here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/nex...t/xthermal-mod-fast-charging-cpu-gpu-t3433784

Hi Guys,

After a very successful journey from Redmi 1s to Nexus 6P, I'm now here with my Xthermal Mod for Mi 5.

I'm personally testing the mod since a week and will be rolling out all the profiles soon.

Till then I need your help to test it out in different conditions.

Please join and help me to make it more better this time.

I'm attaching Fast Charge only profile as of now.
    Edit: Xthermal Performance + Back to stock added...

I've tried this with MIUI 8 (6.9.29), but Ampere still showing only 1500.

1. Stock charger supports max 2000 mah.
    2. Max Charging current is controlled by the Kernel itself.
    As soon as battery level increases the charging current goes down.
    You might have observed that if battery level is below 50% then charging is super fast but after 60% it is very slow.

If you (your apps) do not use the handset resources much while charging then you do not need this mod.
    If you use your handset while charging (which is strongly not recommended) example for gaming, browsing or chatting etc then the temperature rises slowly slowly.

The stock limits are very aggressive and it starts throttling and your cpu, gpu and charging speeds goes down.
    So this mod comes into play here and delays the throttling a bit resulting in better cpu, gpu and charging results.

Does it produces more heat?
    Heat is directly related with performance. This mod itself doesn't produce any heat but yes delaying the throttling means the handset is able to use all your resources even if temps rises hence may result in a bit more heat + more performance.

The results are more amazing if you have a fast charger.
    I believe there is no risk in flashing this but still don't blame me for all your actions.

******************OTA doesn't break after flashing the zips***************

contact me:
    telegram @ravinder0003
    email [email protected]
    Thanks
    Magisk version of Fast Charge one if someone interested
    it's a very hard choice!

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I like them both

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

I tried fast charge and it was awesome! does it affects on battery life?
    Totally depends how you use your handset...
    Always try not to use the handset while charging...
    Rest all is good