XZ2 compact - no fastboot mode

Search This thread
Apr 20, 2021
Hi,

I wanted to install Lineage OS on my Sony Xperia XZ2 compact. It has the latest stock firmware installed.

• adb devices lists my device, preconditions are ok (bootloader unlock yes and debugging enabled and authorized)
  • adb reboot bootloader: the phone turns off, red light for 3 seconds, vibration, cyan light and black screen
  • fastboot devices simply does nothing
  • turn phone on again
  • turn off phone
  • hold volume down + power on -> vibration, "SONY" appears, "SONY" disappears, vibration, phone boot into normal work mode
I do not get into fastboot mode :(

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Ghost

Last edited:

User699

Feb 28, 2021
< waiting for any device >
nothing else
Okay. Then it makes sense that "fastboot devices" shows nothing.

Your problem is that your computer doesn't detect your phone in fastboot mode.
I think your cable should be okay (since adb works) but maybe you need some additional drivers?
You can also try solutions you find in the web if you search something like this:
Computer doesn't detect phone in fastboot
Or "Windows" instead of "Computer" if you use windows etc.

Apr 20, 2021

I think your cable should be okay (since adb works) but maybe you need some additional drivers?
You can also try solutions you find in the web if you search something like this:

Ok, I got it. I did not turn "driver signature enforcement" off on my Win 10 system (but I got no error during driver install). After switching off "driver signature enforcement" and re-installed the adb and fastboot drivers, I got a warning that a driver without signature will be installed. I confirmed that warning and now fastboot is working well.

Reactions: User699

Cuttyframm09

May 5, 2021
Hello, hopefully someone can help me.

I have the same problem as mentioned above. I also tried to deactivate driver signature and install new but it didn't work. Maybe I did it wrong.

I used this command and rebooted with deactivated driver signature.

shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00

I also tried to install specific adb drivers for xperia xz2c manually instead of universal adb drivers.

Any more ideas?

Thanks and regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    • adb reboot bootloader: the phone turns off, red light for 3 seconds, vibration, cyan light and black screen
    • fastboot devices simply does nothing
    Can you try
    Code:
    fastboot getvar all

If your device is recognized correctly it should either give you a long list of values or an error.
    Else you get something like "Waiting for devices".

Ok, I got it. I did not turn "driver signature enforcement" off on my Win 10 system (but I got no error during driver install). After switching off "driver signature enforcement" and re-installed the adb and fastboot drivers, I got a warning that a driver without signature will be installed. I confirmed that warning and now fastboot is working well.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone