XZ3 slow/problematic after Android 10 update

Search This thread

tomas_v

Jul 7, 2007
Is it just me or anyone else finds that their XZ3 is very unstable after Android 10 update?
It was already kind of slow although it was suppose to be quite good phone, but after Android 10 it is just annoyingly slow.
Can't have few apps running. For example, If I have firefox with youtube video playing and messenger active, it takes 5 seconds to switch between them. Reset didnt help much.
So the question is, is it just my phone or everyone noticed that it is slow now?

Protempo

Feb 12, 2020
Problem Xperia XZ3

Have this phone myself. After the update to Android 10 many problems that you can find overall on the internet. Hopefully there will be a re-release for Android 10.

Reactions: tomas_v

gazzyk1ns

Apr 1, 2019
Ipswich
We need more information about the Android 10 update.

First of all, the XZ3 was participating in the Android 10 beta testing, so you'd have thought the official release of Android 10 would be less buggy than it might have been otherwise, as opposed to more.

Secondly, some people do not seen to be experiencing problems with the update. This always seems to happen with updates, especially major ones, and no solid reasons are ever found. because of the lack of details that users post when they have a problem.

I'm in the UK on O2, and XperiFirm shows that O2 have approved the update (and did so several weeks ago); but I can't get it, so presumably Sony have blocked it. I'm glad that they have, if there's a risk it could cripple my phone. What I woud like, however, is some information from Sony and Google/Android, stating the problems and if they're working on them or not. Sony specifically stated that the XZ3 will receive an Android 10 update, and then at least security-only updates for a while yet. Clearly something has got in the way of these definitively outlined plans, and I don't want to wait forever before someone either from Sony or O2 UK tells me why.

because of what I've said above, can people on here posting about the XZ3 Android 10 software update state their country and mobile provider please? When talking about software updates, either OTA or via cable, these details which don't take a second to mention are vital. Just the country won't do, and just the provider won't do.

Frenky_LV

Feb 17, 2020
As I have been trying to get answers from Sony support, though I`ll register just to share a message I got from them today:

"We have recieved a few reports regarding the issues that you are experiencing with your Xperia device.
We have escalated it further to our developers and they are currently investigating the issues.
We do unfortunately not have a set date for when or if there will be an update.
We thank you for your patience."

The "or if" part made me concerned...

But in the weekend I did completely reset my xz3 and so far have nothing to complain about - everything looks and works good (but I did the long road - didn`t use backup, but set everything from scratch (except Nova launcher settings).

Protempo

Feb 12, 2020
Problem Xperia XZ3

I read this on internet but can not tell it is true.

Sony Xperia XZ2 & XZ3 Android 10 update re-released with the same software build version.

Sony started rolling out the stable Xperia XZ2 and Xperia XZ3 Android 10 update in early January 2020 following the release of the same OS to the newer Xperia 1 and Xperia 5 in late 2019.The update was released with software build version 52.1.A.0.532, tagging along all the goodness of Android 10 and a new security patch level to go with. But it wasn’t long after before annoying fingerprint and alarm bugs, among other bugs, started showing up on both Xperia XZ2 and XZ3 units that had just switched to the new OS.
While it’s sometimes usual for issues to pop up here and there after a major software update, this wasn’t the case after the Xperia XZ2 and XZ3 Android 10 update. As a result, Sony halted the rollout in order to fix the many issues in the initial firmware. Nearly three weeks later, the Japanese tech giant has now resumed rolling out the same update to the two series of devices. For some reason, though, the update is arriving with the same software build version 52.1.A.0.532 released last month, something that is causing confusion.
Despite keeping the same firmware version, we want to believe the re-released Xperia XZ2 and XZ3 Android 10 update has been patched and it’s now bug-free. But of course, we can only be sure after installing and actually using the updated firmware. Reports of people whose units have picked up the update are still scarce to come by, but a quick look at the Xpericheck website does confirm new firmware updates available for the Xperia XZ2, XZ2.

Yeah, all four devices are receiving their Android 10 updates with the same software version 52.1.A.0.532, but as usual with OTA updates, it may take some time before all units out there receive the download notification.

Jovzin

Oct 25, 2012
For me the new update from 4th or 3rd of march wiped one app which I am not sure was it as I had 60 apps before update and now I see only 9.
nNyway they deleted or did something to ringtones bcs suddenly I can not find my beloved Eastern Sky ringtones in the stock ringtones folder.
Already did the clear cache/clear storage thingy for Medai Storage app but no the file is not in the phone anymore. I checked with total commander and was searching for the Eastern Sky ringtone but nothing at all.
So I have to download my beloved stock ringtone. WTF Sony ???

gazzyk1ns

Apr 1, 2019
Ipswich
I hope now that they might have fixed the teething bugs with Android 10, O2 will deploy the update. Xperifirm tells/told me that they had approved the Android 10 update over a month ago, but obviously either Sony or O2 UK were holding it back, because I'm still on Android 9. I'm happy if that was because the update was defective, but I'm getting a little bit impatient now. It's easy for big companies to forget how much an individual has paid (for the phone and the contract) when it was over a year ago. I expect my XZ3 to be updated until December this year, when it will be two years old and I can have an upgrade/leave option.

Xperifirm tells me that O2 UK have approved the latest update, i.e. the second Android 10 version:

Last edited:

Olliek

Jun 5, 2020
I had this problem so I went through the settings and found a setting that had the mobile data running when connected to the WiFi so I turned that off and restarted my phone and its been running smoothly ever since.

Mantas Budrys

Jan 15, 2017
After the latest updates 52.1.A.2.1 all bugs seems to be
fixed. no lag issues, fingerprint works good, HDR videos plays great. There is one issue with this device that battery drains fast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem Xperia XZ3

Today xperia update 52.1.A.0.618 arrived in the Netherlands :)
    Fingerprint still not working correctly :(
    Problem Xperia XZ3

Have this phone myself. After the update to Android 10 many problems that you can find overall on the internet. Hopefully there will be a re-release for Android 10.