XZs Camera module to XZ ? Is it possible to work?

Search This thread

ironblood19

May 16, 2019
hello Guys
I have registered today,

So there is a project of i'm thinking about

Recently i bought an Xperia XZ (second hand). It's camera has a fault inside (working but a imaging fault). Before i buying it, i was following that XZ, XZs and XZ1 camera's switching inside...

As far as i know, XZ and XZs has only 2 diffirences:
1. Camera module,
2. +1 gb ram

AND as my researches from internet, XZ and XZs has identical housing, motherboard design, battery.... etc.

Z5, X, XZ ==> Almost Same camera, i am pretty sure they can be swap and work perfectly,
I have currently Z3c and Z1c and tried to swap cameras, they are working perfectly. Tried z2 camera too, it working too. ( I highly recommend to replace z1-z1c-z2 camera modules with Z3/Z3+, it is worth for it)

XZs, XZ1, XZ2 ==> Almost same module as far as i saw from internet. And must be using same sensor IMX 400

And with the XZ2's software, XZ2 is more successful that XZ1 and XZs... I don't know anything more. There is no OIS until the Xperia 1 phone.

MY questions, is anyone tried switching XZ camera Module to with XZs, XZ1, XZ-Premium Camere Module?

If no one did it and if i do it, will you help in software part?

Also i will chance my battery, do you recommend any seller? In my country battery about 10.5-11 dolars, and camera module is 11 dolars too. My battery Health is %88

Thank you for kind answers :)

Stronger1101

Account currently disabled
Sep 28, 2012
Usa
cutt.ly
OnePlus 7T
hello Guys
I have registered today,

Recently i bought an Xperia XZ (second hand). It's camera has a fault inside (working but a imaging fault). Before i buying it, i was following that XZ, XZs and XZ1 camera's switching inside...

1. Camera module,
2. +1 gb ram

AND as my researches from internet, XZ and XZs has identical housing, motherboard design, battery.... etc.

Z5, X, XZ ==> Almost Same camera, i am pretty sure they can be swap and work perfectly,
I have currently Z3c and Z1c and tried to swap cameras, they are working perfectly. Tried z2 camera too, it working too. ( I highly recommend to replace z1-z1c-z2 camera modules with Z3/Z3+, it is worth for it)

XZs, XZ1, XZ2 ==> Almost same module as far as i saw from internet. And must be using same sensor IMX 400

And with the XZ2's software, XZ2 is more successful that XZ1 and XZs... I don't know anything more. There is no OIS until the Xperia 1 phone.

MY questions, is anyone tried switching XZ camera Module to with XZs, XZ1, XZ-Premium Camere Module?

Also i will chance my battery, do you recommend any seller? In my country battery about 10.5-11 dolars, and camera module is 11 dolars too. My battery Health is %88

Hi bro

A while ago I had seen this

https://youtu.be/50VcrOKJnN4

Really I cant decide what camera work best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gorrion48

ironblood19

May 16, 2019
Update over a decade :D

Now finally i have bought an item (xperia Xz1 camera module) and tried it...
It turns out that, Xperia Xz boot looping with XZ1 camera module. It is weird...

I am gonna flash XZs stock rom to XZ

Now the Videos: (sorry for my bad english)

This is the one i tried the XZ1 camera module (19 mp) on XZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkkQFLxSGbA

And this is the with stock camera module (23 mp)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoq6Xy9tCmM

ironblood19

May 16, 2019
XZ vs XZ1 modules differences by photos. As you can see there are electricly visiable differences. :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 36

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello Guys
    I have registered today,

1. Camera module,
    2. +1 gb ram

hello Guys
    I have registered today,

1. Camera module,
    2. +1 gb ram

Hi bro

A while ago I had seen this

https://youtu.be/50VcrOKJnN4

Really I cant decide what camera work best.