• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Yahoo messenger

Search This thread

xdaeire

Feb 9, 2003
Has anyone used Yahoo Messenger on the XDA? I have it installed and running, but can't connect to the Yahoo server. Any advice?

Tim C

Feb 7, 2003
London
I have used YM (on the XDA in the UK on O2), you need to set it up using the proxy server.

It does work but the software itself seems to close itself, apart from sometimes getting offline messages, i didn't see any increased benefit over MSN messenger

Regards
Tim

S

Sage

yahoo US proxy

you can use this proxy server on t-mobile in the US it worked for me 164.58.28.250:80

:twisted:

G

It won't because that IP address is for a specific provider. Try searching at your providers website for proxy server adresses and subsitute those.

Tim C

datasafe

May 6, 2003
I would love to get Yahoo Messenger working on my XDA with o2! Is this possible? I looked on the Yahoo site for a download but doesn't seem to be one there.

Any help appreciated

Regards
John

Reactions: Dolphin Trainer

rustek

Jun 5, 2003
Cwmbran
www.rustek.com
Yahoo for PPC 2002

visit www.yahoo.Co.uk click on the messenger link then look at the left of the screen. there is a link to wincE versions and open that will show you 2 versions. 1 for ppc 2002 and 1 for older wince versions.
However the problems listed above regarding servers and ports should be noted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would love to get Yahoo Messenger working on my XDA with o2! Is this possible? I looked on the Yahoo site for a download but doesn't seem to be one there.

Any help appreciated

Regards
    John