• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Yakju OTA update - JWR66Y from JWR66V

Search This thread

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto

rajax

Feb 7, 2012
What did it update? I suppose it wasn't significant enough to change the version to 4.3.1 right?

It just finished booting and it is still showing as 4.3. Nothing else in that screenshot has changed other than the V to a Y.

2d265og.png

Reactions: jonnypage

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Probably just removed AppOps, fixed SecureRandom generator issue and other small things.

Last edited:

diesel2k

Mar 6, 2010
Reactions: staud

lucasrca

Mar 18, 2011
Hello again.

I have found a possible solution.
Flashing all over again, no root, then adb sideloading the OTA.
It works fine.
Probably the SuperSU binary was messing up the patch signature.

moisesgl

May 21, 2012
Does this mean that even if I wait for the update to come thru my phone automatically it won't happen because I have root?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions for custom recovery

I opened up the zip, there are patches to recovery so if you are running custom recovery it should fail.
    Here are the instructions alangrig gave me a long time ago to side-load an OTA if you have custom recovery or other mods like host file. I have not tried these instructions with this particular OTA since I am on takju, hopefully this would help some of you get over the errors.

1. Open zip with 7zip, don't extract just open zip. to folder META-INF, then to folder com, then folder google, then folder, then folder android, then pull out updater-script file (just simply drag it out to desktop or wherever you want)
    2. Now open updater-script with Notepad++ or whatever script editor and delete all line starting from: ui_print("Verifying current system..."); till line: # ---- start making changes here ----
    Thus you gonna remove check script for system file.
    Now go to beginning of the scrip and hit CTRL+F and simply search for a word: recovery and delete all line regarding recovery, but make sure you have deleted correctly, so the script is not corrupted.
    3. Now save script. (Just save without rename or any mods)
    4. Deleted original updater-script in update package and drag in new modded one.
    5. Now in 7zip opened update go to initial list of folder and delete folder recovery.
    6. Now go to folder patch\system\etc\ and delete file recovery-resource.dat.p
    7. Now close 7zip and update zip is ready for the flash.

--Vj

My phone is stock everything, the only thing i have done to it is root it and sideloading the zip did not work, thats is why I am wondering if the update will not work either.

Did you get the update already? and if so, was your phone rooted?
    My wife's yakju Galaxy Nexus just got an OTA update to JWR66Y. Not sure why but she always seems to be among the first to get them.

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_maguro/1b0ac7dfb2907e5981f1af24b9e5b005712bd4ee.signed-yakju-JWR66Y-from-JWR66V.1b0ac7df.zip
    /me too have problem with this update. Stock rom, only boot unlocked and rooted. Stock recovery.
    Tried flixos method but I'm getting and error from twrp (temporarily loaded).

Edit: apparently trying to install this update broke root permission, twrp asked me to fix it

i'm the same, stock recovery, only rooted.

do the following:-

1) go into the SuperSU app settings and press 'Full Unroot'
    2) boot into Team Win Recovery
    3) Flash the stock update file
    4) flash the SuperSU1.51 zip
    5) Reboot
    I was unable to sideload the update.
    System error 7.
    Anyone got this?

Thanks.

got the same error i think (status 7) on cwm recovery :/

Have you messed with any files on the /system partition?
    What did it update? I suppose it wasn't significant enough to change the version to 4.3.1 right?

It just finished booting and it is still showing as 4.3. Nothing else in that screenshot has changed other than the V to a Y.

2d265og.png