Yellow tint on my HTC One Screen and More problems

nalbagli

Jun 17, 2013
Hi I have an international version unlocked of the HTC One and was very happy with it, thing is I just bought a new one from my carrier in chile thing is:
Screen has like a yellow tint that the old one did not have I will post a picture where both are set in the maximum brightness. The problem is I send it to my carrier so they gave me a new one but it has the same issue. Is it that HTC is designing some of the one's with worse quality screens, I am pretty disappointed with this.

Second thing is even more strange, I had no problem transferring my S3 content to my "old" One, but in the new one when I go to the transfer content menu on settings, it sends me directly to the "others" categories so I cant choose all models just windows phone, blackberry or older phones. Not letting me transfer the data from my old one to the new one. I cant choose iPhone or newer android phones.

Osama Zabin

Oct 4, 2010
Hi I have an international version unlocked of the HTC One and was very happy with it, thing is I just bought a new one from my carrier in chile thing is:
Screen has like a yellow tint that the old one did not have I will post a picture where both are set in the maximum brightness. The problem is I send it to my carrier so they gave me a new one but it has the same issue. Is it that HTC is designing some of the one's with worse quality screens, I am pretty disappointed with this.

Second thing is even more strange, I had no problem transferring my S3 content to my "old" One, but in the new one when I go to the transfer content menu on settings, it sends me directly to the "others" categories so I cant choose all models just windows phone, blackberry or older phones. Not letting me transfer the data from my old one to the new one. I cant choose iPhone or newer android phones.
Same issue here, yellow screen, my previous One was not having this problem, it was having camera blue tint issue, got it replaced and the new One is s having yellow screen.. lucky!
not planning to replace it, i think i will get used to the yellow color, not really annoying

alray

Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012

There is no issue with your screen, read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2202869

jsgibson

May 9, 2014
Shoddy replacement parts?

I disagree. I just received a replacement HTC One due to the camera losing auto focus and the purple tint problem. The replacement phone (from Verizon) has a slightly yellowish (or as some call it "warmer") display than my original phone. Verizon sent me another replacement and it had the same problem. It sounds like someone is trying to pass off cheaper LCD's now that the phone has been out awhile.

Last edited:

alray

Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I disagree. I just received a replacement HTC One due to the camera losing auto focus and the purple tint problem. The replacement phone (from Verizon) has a slightly yellowish (or as some call it "warmer") display than my original phone. Verizon sent me another replacement and it had the same problem. It sounds like someone is trying to pass off cheaper LCD's now that the phone has been out awhile.
There is nothing to agree or disagree here (no disrespect). The fact is that HTC uses lcd from different manufacturers or different batches. Thats why some displays are warmer than others.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited: