• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

yellow tint on screen

Search This thread

Mrcojocaru

Jun 21, 2010
Renton WA
32yrd.jpeg
Which one is normal? The whiter one is from Sam's Club and the yellow one from Google. Google has always given the nexus devices a yellowish hue so I'm not sure..

My gnex is more yellow than both lol

Last edited:

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Well I have to say, it sucks that you have a yellowy screen from google, but this is just the range of screens you will find in manufacturing. Would you have found it yellowy had you not had something to compare it to? Probably but it all comes from the same place... Asus. Google did not tune screens from Play store to be more yellow than that brick and mortar stores. I don't like that there are inferior screens out there, or defects in general. In a perfect world there would be NO defective units, but we don't live in a perfect world. Even the retina equipped iPad has yellow screens for some, etc. If you don't like it (I wouldn't!) please get an exchange! I would not accept that knowing that there are nice white screens out there. In fact, I went through 7 nexus S's and 2 galaxy nexus phones to get one with a screen that I could accept.

evilstewie23

Jul 6, 2011
It's just a warmer white. Some will get a cooler white which is blueish. Just how displays end up. I know my rezound has a warmer white compared to my friends but I wouldn't call it a defect

Sent from my Rezound

Falipene

Jan 28, 2011
I'm going crazy, each nexus 7 I've got have a defect:
Blinking screen, bleeding edge, colour defect :S
Check this, Franko Kernel r13 left, right stock 2min uptime. Both are C80 8gb from google.
img-20120927-wa0010-414274.jpg

I hate this, Too many replacements, what to do, replace again?

intronauta

Aug 29, 2009
Another one affected by yellow tint, in my case in a C80.

This is my second replace, first one was by a very minimal screen lift in the left side.

I'm surprised by the argument about "this is not a defect". We are talking about screens. In a TV/monitor it's unthinkable to ignore these artefacts, why we should do it in a touchscreen device??

Each one have a tolerance, but the fact is the fact. The screen works bad, maybe is related to calibration or maybe with a bad ensamble, but no one guarantee you that it doesn't going to worst.

If you want to have a device that is not optimal "out of the box", you accept a unnecesary risk.

Last edited:

Kueber

Aug 5, 2011
And here is me thinking the 'warmer' colours were normal on a N7.
Just realized how yellowish all the whites are on mine... and I thought everything is fine with this one. :(

Falipene

Jan 28, 2011
It's amazing how fast and good can be a cheap 7inch tablet. But when so many have problems :(

Yellowish whites on IPS
Blueish whites on SAMOLED.

Poor quality controls made by asus :(

Fleischmann

Feb 27, 2011
Same here

I think they use different screens - the one on the right is the 3G model. I bought one last week and returned it because of the screen tint. The replacement has the same problem. The device on the right is the 32GB WiFi version I bought three weeks ago. I'm going to return it again and confront customer support with this issue.

Attachments

• DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 276

sapphire_pro

May 10, 2008
I think they use different screens - the one on the right is the 3G model. I bought one last week and returned it because of the screen tint. The replacement has the same problem. The device on the right is the 32GB WiFi version I bought three weeks ago. I'm going to return it again and confront customer support with this issue.

And your result?

Same problem here: http://www.android-hilfe.de/nexus-7...tlich-schlechtere-dislays-als-im-n7-16gb.html

Regards!