yellowish tint/tone on screen,known issue or?

Search This thread

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
Well,this frustrates me a lot,I'm just uploading video so you can see and compare to some cheap other chinese phone.
I'm noticing yellow tone all over screen,kinda like there is a night filter on with very low bright nightlight settings.
I increased brightness all the way to 100 % didn't help.
I also removed plastic cover from phone,nothing, still present.
I even switched to Vivid display settings before that and reduced RGB (R channel all the way,G to middle and Blue increased all the way) and set tone color to cooler slider all the way,no difference.
So,since I purchased using phone,is this some software bug/issue or I got faulty screen (maybe some kind of damage from sunburn),or this is just how this display work?
I'm uploading video and will post link soon...
So anyone else having same issue,and what to do,be sure I can not RMA the phone since I purchased it used.
I'm also anxious that the screen might die on me soon.
But this yellow tone frustrates me a lot,colors are not accurate at all because of it.

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
does it show in safe mode? what happens after reboot, goes away and come back later or...?
Hmm,why would I want to access safe mode,I don't have issues with phone except bad wifi and this issue.Mostly it's noticeable while watching vids (youube),look here if you can see the difference...but maybe it is suppose to be like that.
I set color mode all the way to cool tone and no difference to my eye.

• Haha
Reactions: Limeybastard

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
I called a friend on a drink which has N10+ too,then we put 4k Nature video on each of the phones at same time and same screen lightning intensity.
No diference,between them...so now I'm confused totally.
Are my eyes cheating on me,is it possible that there is slight yellow tint (like light night light filter) or something is wrong with my eyes?
Is it possible that maybe screen adapts it self based on ambient light so I'm seeing yellowish tone...who knows,but I do trust my eyes,though picture was the same color accuracy on both phones...
I'm totally confused now...

cfds

Nov 2, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have currently 2 note 10+ phones. One which still has the original display while on the 2nd I installed a new display with frame. Comparing both these phones now, the older display - about 1.5 years old with light screen burn on the bottom is more yellow than the new one. The new one is very white compared to the old one. Maybe your display is showing its age?

paparazzo79

Nov 27, 2012
damn...it was a damn mask/cover with yellow tint over it,not display...how was I stupid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    does it show in safe mode? what happens after reboot, goes away and come back later or...?
    Hmm,why would I want to access safe mode,I don't have issues with phone except bad wifi and this issue.Mostly it's noticeable while watching vids (youube),look here if you can see the difference...but maybe it is suppose to be like that.
    I set color mode all the way to cool tone and no difference to my eye.