Yet another bootloop

Search This thread

copong

Jan 26, 2015
Just first of all, not familiar at all with this phone as it's my missus', not mine - I have a Nexus 6P which I have rooted, rommed, magisk'd etc.

Anyway, the phone is full-on stock, bootloader is locked and it started bootlooping today. It turns on, goes into the google logo on white background for a minute, then reboots. Rinse and repeat. I can get into the bootloader, but not into recovery (it just goes again into the google logo and bootloops).

There has been no software updates for months (it is on the latest update, maybe Nov or Dec 2019?) and I factory-reset her phone a month ago and it was all fine.

Power button definitely not stuck.

I can't switch-a/switch-b using fastboot as the bootloader is locked. Nor can I sideload the factory image for the same reason.

Putting the phone on the fridge (if anyone has had a 6P knows why) lets the phone boot and function for a minute, then it crashes with screen corruption. It sure looks like a hardware issue - on the Nexus6P with the exact same symptoms disabling the four big cores with a patch works around the issue. But this is not a 6P.

Long story short: is it permanently bricked, or is there anything that can be done?

Last edited:

djared704

Jul 12, 2018
Los Pringles, California
As far as I know if you boot recovery, which "booting recovery" reads off the ufs chip, to get you data (like phone storage, efs, etc), and if it doesn't find this so called "ufs" chip, it will restart, since all it's a Qualcomm device, all Qualcomm devices do that. You may try booting twrp (I know bout the issues on 10), and if it restarts even after many times of booting, this will finally signal your UFS chip dying out on you.
The only solution to this since it's a hardware problem is to dismantle the entire device, and check out the storage chip (on the back of the board), and you'll need to use multiple tools to take it off, and tools to put it back on. At this point I cannot assist you because I don't microsolder, maybe talk with a technician who specializes in that.
The reason this may of happened is, if you bought the device used and the seller didn't say where it came from, could've been abused in various ways (dropped in water, splashed, etc) and condensation got to the chip
Otherwise if this is not true, or you bought device brand new, then my theory on the UFS chip dying out could be correct.
If it's a 128GB model, then this is erratically known for the Toshiba chips for just dying out of the blue.
Glad if I could help.

sudoxd

Jan 16, 2017
Adelaide
sudoxd.xyz
As far as I know if you boot recovery, which "booting recovery" reads off the ufs chip, to get you data (like phone storage, efs, etc), and if it doesn't find this so called "ufs" chip, it will restart, since all it's a Qualcomm device, all Qualcomm devices do that. You may try booting twrp (I know bout the issues on 10), and if it restarts even after many times of booting, this will finally signal your UFS chip dying out on you.
The only solution to this since it's a hardware problem is to dismantle the entire device, and check out the storage chip (on the back of the board), and you'll need to use multiple tools to take it off, and tools to put it back on. At this point I cannot assist you because I don't microsolder, maybe talk with a technician who specializes in that.
The reason this may of happened is, if you bought the device used and the seller didn't say where it came from, could've been abused in various ways (dropped in water, splashed, etc) and condensation got to the chip
Otherwise if this is not true, or you bought device brand new, then my theory on the UFS chip dying out could be correct.
If it's a 128GB model, then this is erratically known for the Toshiba chips for just dying out of the blue.
Glad if I could help.

wow is this the real djared704???

Reactions: djared704

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glad if I could help.

wow is this the real djared704???