• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Yet Another Bricked Mi Pad 5 after Global Rom

Search This thread
sigh, yes I am embarrased at what I did but I have bricked my Mi Pad 5 and need a hand. Background:

- new Mi Pad 5 China hardware but with Global ROM flashed by the vendor I bought from
- the Mi Pad started up fine and I logged into my google and Mi accounts with no issues
- noticed the bootloader was unlocked and that google play said device is not certified
- I used fastboot OEM LOCK *very stooooopid* and the device rebooted
- on start up is says "This miui version can't be installed on this device" and now it's bricked
- tried to wipe data but no luck same error
- tried miunlock tool but it tells me I have to bind my id to the device :-(
- tried XiaoMiTool V2 but it is also stuck
- tried Mi pc suite but it will not detect the mi pad

Is there way way to simply recovery back to the latest chinese version of the rom - feels like I am stuck between a rock and a hardplace :-(

Thx in advance for your help, FredT

Last edited:

UmiCat

How did you unlock it in the first place? Maybe use the same method? Mine (pro 5g) came with CN ROM with the bootloader locked, so I had to go through the usual procedure of binding my Mi account and waiting for 7 days to unlock the bootloader. I used Mi Unlock as Xiaomi suggests.

tntgdh

Aug 8, 2012
I don't know if you solved your problem, but when this kind of things happened with Xiaomi phones, you needed someone with an authorized Xiaomi account that could log in Xiaomi flasher and unlock your device for you. I remember seeing a guy from Russia who did this procedure for many people over the k20 pro fórum (he charges 20us I think)
Sorry for the kind of generic information but it's been sometime I saw this and can't quite remember the details. Try to search for more info about that in k20 pro fórum.
What I can tell you is that if you find the right person to do it for you it's quite easy and fast. I think he does it over TeamViewer.

Anyway, don't give up. It is totally recoverable

tntgdh

Aug 8, 2012
Here bro, this group in telegram can help you
A guy there has an authorized account

Search for @miauthofficial

Reactions: thf1973
I don't know if you solved your problem, but when this kind of things happened with Xiaomi phones, you needed someone with an authorized Xiaomi account that could log in Xiaomi flasher and unlock your device for you. I remember seeing a guy from Russia who did this procedure for many people over the k20 pro fórum (he charges 20us I think)
Sorry for the kind of generic information but it's been sometime I saw this and can't quite remember the details. Try to search for more info about that in k20 pro fórum.
What I can tell you is that if you find the right person to do it for you it's quite easy and fast. I think he does it over TeamViewer.

Thx for your suggestion and moral support 👍

In fact I did reach out to @miauthofficial via telegram and within a few short hours i was unbricked and running on the latest stock China ROM!

Life is good again, maybe after I get my courage again I will try the global ROM again ...although right now I have to wait a few weeks for xiaomi to unlock my bootloader

tntgdh

Aug 8, 2012

In fact I did reach out to @miauthofficial via telegram and within a few short hours i was unbricked and running on the latest stock China ROM!

Life is good again, maybe after I get my courage again I will try the global ROM again ...although right now I have to wait a few weeks for xiaomi to unlock my bootloader
Happy to help bro

Reactions: thf1973

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here bro, this group in telegram can help you
    A guy there has an authorized account

Search for @miauthofficial

Happy to help bro