• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Yet another unlock bootloader question

Search This thread

slepax

Jan 15, 2013
I have a Nokia 8 model TA-1052 (this is NB1, correct?). It has a locked bootloader and is running Android 9.

I understand the HMD service for unlocking the booloader is no longer available and the only option now is using a Hikari's website.

Before I try Hikari's method I want to make sure that fastboot is working (I understand it is required?).

With the phone connected, the command "adb devices" show the phone listed but any fastboot command seems to not being able to find the phone (e.g. "fastboot devices" returns nothing).

Am I missing anything?

Thank you.

dt_matthews

Jan 9, 2006
Assuming you are on Windows what does device manager show when you put the phone into fastboot mode?
Obviously you need a working driver for fastboot mode which is separate from the adb driver - how did you install the drivers and which ones did you use?

slepax

Jan 15, 2013
Assuming you are on Windows what does device manager show when you put the phone into fastboot mode?
Obviously you need a working driver for fastboot mode which is separate from the adb driver - how did you install the drivers and which ones did you use?
I don't have any specific Nokia drivers installed. The only USB driver showing (that seem to be related) is "ADB Interface".

I know that for some people the Nokia driver comes on the phone but mine isn't. Where can I get the driver from?

EDIT: in download mode the Win10 Device Manager shows an unknown "Android" device under other devices

Last edited: