Yoga Book YB1-X90F (Android) - How to Flash back to Stock Rom 6.0.1 /downgrade

Search This thread

ayad

Nov 13, 2011
Dallas
hello all
i spent last few hours looking for solution to how to flash Stock Rom to my YB1-X90F and i found steps here and there and finally i got it. so i gathered all the steps in one thread to help whoever want to flush back to stock or downgrade from newer version for any reason.
This will erase all user data.
1. do it on your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damage to your devise.
2. Unlco your bootloader here is the steps by earthCallingAngela ----->>> Here
3. if you having issue to connect your drive to your computer while on bootloader you can install Intel driver, its worked for me, ----> Here
4. now install Intel Phone Flash Tool, i think it will install drivers as well, download it from here
5. Download Yoga book YB1-X90F Stock Rom Uploaded by Flippy498 from here
6. open Intel Phone Flash Tool and boot your phone on bootloader by Vol Up + Power, you should see the tool detect your Tablet.
7. on intel tool click on brows and located the Rom, wait for the tool to unzip it,
8. do not change anything just click on Flush and wait for it, on the middle of the process the tablet will ask you if its ok to wipe user data choose yes

after that the tablet will reboot and finish the installations and power off itself, power it on and wait for it, its will take long time for first boot so do not power it off.

Halo keyboard will not work until you do these steps By vimalbhimani on here
a) Open ‘’contacts’’ app, create a new local contact ” test”
b) Click search button at contact
c) Input ####6020# code into search bar
d) a list of country codes will po up, browser the country code list, then chose country code US and click OK
e) Then device will reboot and update, you should be able to use halo Keyboard after that.

note: i have issue with TouchPl keep stopping, had to chose google instead of Lenovo to get it to work without error

if you want to update the system to latest version (7.0.1) you can just go to update and update it.
if you have something to add please do

Thank you all.

Flippy498

Retired Forum Moderator
May 21, 2014
HTC U12+
Here's an alternative method for those who don't trust flashing tools due to bad experiences and prefer flashing files manually via Fastboot (like me):
  1. Follow steps 1. to 3. and 5. of the opening post.
  2. Unzip the stock rom (archive) into your ADB/Fastboot folder.
  3. Boot the tablet to the bootloader (c.f. step 6. of the opening post).
  4. Use the following commands:
    Code:
    fastboot flash gpt gpt.bin
    fastboot erase misc
    fastboot erase persistent
    fastboot erase frp
    fastboot erase metadata
    fastboot format config
    fastboot format country
    fastboot format cache
    fastboot format data
    fastboot format factory
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash config config.img
    fastboot flash country country.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader
    fastboot flash oemvars bootloader_policy-oemvars.txt
    fastboot flashing lock
    fastboot continue
    • Execute each of them with Enter and wait till a command got executed completely before you try to use the next one.
    • It might happen that you face an error while flashing that oemvars bootloader_policy-oemvars.txt. I couldn't find out why that happened and ignoring it seems to be harmless.
  5. Follow steps a) to e) of the opening post.

Reactions: dachuanlgg and ayad

ayad

Nov 13, 2011
Dallas
Here's an alternative method for those who don't trust flashing tools due to bad experiences and prefer flashing files manually via Fastboot (like me):
    Code:
    fastboot erase misc
    fastboot erase frp
    fastboot erase metadata
    fastboot format config
    fastboot format country
    fastboot format cache
    fastboot format data
    fastboot format factory
    fastboot flashing lock
    fastboot continue
    • Execute each of them with Enter and wait till a command got executed completely before you try to use the next one.
    • It might happen that you face an error while flashing that oemvars bootloader_policy-oemvars.txt. I couldn't find out why that happened and ignoring it seems to be harmless.

Thanks Flippy for sharing the steps with us.

TheSquidKid04

Mar 26, 2018
hello all
i spent last few hours looking for solution to how to flash Stock Rom to my YB1-X90F and i found steps here and there and finally i got it. so i gathered all the steps in one thread to help whoever want to flush back to stock or downgrade from newer version for any reason.
3. if you having issue to connect your drive to your computer while on bootloader you can install Intel driver, its worked for me, ----> Here
4. now install Intel Phone Flash Tool, i think it will install drivers as well, download it from here
6. open Intel Phone Flash Tool and boot your phone on bootloader by Vol Up + Power, you should see the tool detect your Tablet.
7. on intel tool click on brows and located the Rom, wait for the tool to unzip it,
8. do not change anything just click on Flush and wait for it, on the middle of the process the tablet will ask you if its ok to wipe user data choose yes

after that the tablet will reboot and finish the installations and power off itself, power it on and wait for it, its will take long time for first boot so do not power it off.

d) a list of country codes will po up, browser the country code list, then chose country code US and click OK
e) Then device will reboot and update, you should be able to use halo Keyboard after that.

note: i have issue with TouchPl keep stopping, had to chose google instead of Lenovo to get it to work without error

if you want to update the system to latest version (7.0.1) you can just go to update and update it.

Thank you all.

I followed all of the steps and it says "Flash Failed (Fastboot) PLEASE HELP
Edit: I fixed the problem by simply rebooting it. I didn't think it would be that easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnakeByte

pwallenb

Oct 29, 2007
SameSame, but L-Version ... cannot find Stock ROM ...

Hi there,

I would like to downgrade 2 Tablets YB1-X90L (not F), this thread is onderful BUT I cannot find the STOCK ROM version for the L-Model (the one with LTE) ... can someone point me out as where to get it ? The background is that Nougat screwes up the playstore ... as discussed in many other threads and there is no -permanent- solution... Thank you!

borisattva

Oct 28, 2009
NYC
Hi there,

I would like to downgrade 2 Tablets YB1-X90L (not F), this thread is onderful BUT I cannot find the STOCK ROM version for the L-Model (the one with LTE) ... can someone point me out as where to get it ? The background is that Nougat screwes up the playstore ... as discussed in many other threads and there is no -permanent- solution... Thank you!

found myself in the same boat and eventually came across this:
https://cloud.kolyandex.su/index.php/s/npeVhVlnJw8BFIy
hopefully it sticks around long enough for others to grab.

note that the steps are slightly different in that you have to manually select the .json in the extracted folder.

souissim

Jul 29, 2017
Could someone please help me with downgrading my YB1-X90L, it just refuses to boot at all after my nephews messed with it, I found the stock rom but I can't get some of the needed programs and drivers,

pnussbau

Jan 16, 2016
    Code:
    fastboot erase misc
    fastboot erase frp
    fastboot erase metadata
    fastboot format config
    fastboot format country
    fastboot format cache
    fastboot format data
    fastboot format factory
    fastboot flashing lock
    fastboot continue
Hello
I made this all and my Yoga-Book runs on Android 6.0.1 . But is there a possibility to get an Android Build 7.1.1? Because I can't restore my Backup it seams it is corrupt and if I try to update im configuration-app its does anything but at the end its allways on 6.0.1.
It would be great if someone can helb me.
Best regards
Peter

phsma

Jan 26, 2022
found myself in the same boat and eventually came across this:
https://cloud.kolyandex.su/index.php/s/npeVhVlnJw8BFIy
hopefully it sticks around long enough for others to grab.

note that the steps are slightly different in that you have to manually select the .json in the extracted folder.
sorry for replying to such an old post.
could you or anyone else please reupload a 6.x stock rom for the yb1 x90L? i just cant find any working link and am currently stuck with a device without properly working wlan. wlan keeps turning itself off after a few seconds after reboot and only restarting the whole device can turn it back on again... i hope a rollback can solve the issue...

borisattva

Oct 28, 2009
NYC
sorry for replying to such an old post.
could you or anyone else please reupload a 6.x stock rom for the yb1 x90L? i just cant find any working link and am currently stuck with a device without properly working wlan. wlan keeps turning itself off after a few seconds after reboot and only restarting the whole device can turn it back on again... i hope a rollback can solve the issue...
looks like the original link is down, so i searched for the file name YB1-X90L_USR_S110085_1710170829_WW08_EP_ROW_otafull.zip and this came up:

ive no idea if this is working or safe to use but its a start.

good luck

galumph

Jan 27, 2022
So my Android YB1-X90F was locking up when trying to boot, just stuck showing the Lenovo logo. Thinking I'm clever I stubbled across the boot menu if you start the device with the Volume Up held. From there I tried the Recovery Mode and did a Factory Reset. Then the tablet started up and shows the Green Andriod Bin Man, saysi Encrypting and promptly reboots. So one starts Googling and ends up here. Some very help information, thanks for that.

So I've got as far as installing all the drivers/Intel Phone tool/Android Suite etc. but I'm still stuck. The flash is locked. Is there another way to unlock this as I can't get into Android to allow the developer options as suggested in Step 2 of the opening post?

Trying the fastbook commands in post 2 also fail

Code:
FAILED (remote: Prohibited command in locked state.)
finished. total time: 0.170s

TIA

LOL @ me, of course the manual fastboot commands fail as that's precisely what the Phone Tool App trying when doing its magic.

Reactions: Brent.M

Brent.M

Jul 7, 2015
So my Android YB1-X90F was locking up when trying to boot, just stuck showing the Lenovo logo. Thinking I'm clever I stubbled across the boot menu if you start the device with the Volume Up held. From there I tried the Recovery Mode and did a Factory Reset. Then the tablet started up and shows the Green Andriod Bin Man, saysi Encrypting and promptly reboots. So one starts Googling and ends up here. Some very help information, thanks for that.

So I've got as far as installing all the drivers/Intel Phone tool/Android Suite etc. but I'm still stuck. The flash is locked. Is there another way to unlock this as I can't get into Android to allow the developer options as suggested in Step 2 of the opening post?

Code:

TIA

LOL @ me, of course the manual fastboot commands fail as that's precisely what the Phone Tool App trying when doing its magic.
I'm in the same boat. I acquired a YB1-X90F but all it does is show the orange Lenovo splash screen, then a black screen.

So here I am reading threads. But I'm already at my first hurdle...since I can't boot into the OS and go into Developer Options to start the boot loader unlock process.

mcn1970

Sep 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Solved. I ran 'flash_update_from_user.json

Just waiting for the battery to charge to 30% to hopefully enable the Halo Keyboard.

Here are the files needed in case other links void in the future: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gD9FyA03GbLZ7ZcjkyMDlhVPs4_em2rY?usp=sharing

Edit: The Android N update bricks the device for some reason.
any ideea why my yoga book is not visible in fastboot?
i installed drivers and platform lite indicated in drive location.
currently my yoga sbows bootloader error 05 during booting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello all

Thank you all.
      Code:
      fastboot erase misc
      fastboot erase frp
      fastboot erase metadata
      fastboot format config
      fastboot format country
      fastboot format cache
      fastboot format data
      fastboot format factory
      fastboot flashing lock
      fastboot continue
    hello all

Thank you all.

I followed all of the steps and it says "Flash Failed (Fastboot) PLEASE HELP
    Edit: I fixed the problem by simply rebooting it. I didn't think it would be that easy.

Code:

TIA

Solved. I ran 'flash_update_from_user.json

Just waiting for the battery to charge to 30% to hopefully enable the Halo Keyboard.

Here are the files needed in case other links void in the future: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gD9FyA03GbLZ7ZcjkyMDlhVPs4_em2rY?usp=sharing

Edit: The Android N update bricks the device for some reason.