bootloader unlocked and TWRP recovery installed. You may want to follow these instructions: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-yoga-tab-3-10-1-yt3-x50f-twrp-and-root.3695297/
You can skip the rooting part (SuperSU/Magisk). But it will be helpful if you want to do further system changes later on.
Instructions (here's what I did)
• download and unpack latest original OTA update
• load with android kitchen (ClassyKitchen free works best for me https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...kitchen-for-android-roms-development.3862584/ I got bad results with Assayed Kitchen)
• deodex with kitchen
• remove empty folders and pre-install apps from system folder
• debloat with kitchen
• debloat manually by deleting from system\app and \priv-app folder all google and lenovo stuff
(at this point, much more can be removed if you know what you're doing. Or you just try and test, like I did. In order to keep as many functions as possible, I recommend deleting only google and lenevo related folders and doing the further cleanup later on, depending on your personal needs. Therefor device must be rooted.)
• build META-INF installer with kitchen
• build zip-ROM (for recovery) with kitchen oder just repack system folder, META-INF folder and boot.img to zip-file.
• delete dalvik, system, cache, data (with TWRP)
• flash your zip-ROM
Optional (before building zip-ROM)
• replace trebuchet launcher with Trebuchet 126.96.36.199 lineage port (or any other launcher that works with tablet mode) https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...het-laucher-for-any-rom-ver-8-1-0-22.3667436/
• replace LatinImeGoogle with SimpleKeyboard (from F-Droid)
• replace Calendar with SimpleCalendarPro (F-Droid)
• replace calculator with calculator (F-Droid)
• add camera folder within system\priv-app with camera.apk (lineageOS13)
• replace GooglePackageInstaller with PackageInstaller (lineageOS13)
• delete boot sound from system\media (you can delete ringtones, alarms, bootanimations etc. also)
• add F-Droid to system\priv-app\f-droid (recommended)
to root the device just install Magisk:
• flash magisk.zip with TWRP
• reboot and install magisk.apk
For privacy reasons you may want to
• install AFWall+ (F-Droid, Root needed)
• install Privacy Browser (F-Droid)
Do further cleanup with your preferred system-apps removing app (I used Link2SD and System_App_Safe_Remover_Pro, device has to be rooted). Don't forget to make a TWRP backup before deleting system apps.
My result is a fast, stable and secure OS with low battery needs (~ 0.3%/h deep sleep mode and about 2-3%/h reading an eBook). You can check battery consumption with BBS (Better Battery Stats app) or reduce energy consumtion even more with SmartPack-Kernel Manager).
Have fun experimenting or just check out my ROM (YT3-X50L only)
Hes got a great go on a rom,
im not familiar with the image kitchen hes using though, and each image kitchen has different tools/scripts/signing abilities.
The fstab file was in the split ramdisk of the recovery? If memory is correct?
(Correct me if im wrong)
But editing this file internally (you'll notice)
The 850m and the 850F and 850L will probably all different.
(To pull the radio and all partitions correctly these need to be aimed at the correct filepath.
(Its Almost like trying to pull a copy from your computer with the incorrect filepath) if you get my drift? But this is your recovery ....
I dont remember why i didnt use the official twrp recovery, i would think it would suit all models by now ?
I think IT bootlooped me And getting ROW software back then was scarce
So i decompiled it Manually.
any questions ask?