Yotaphone 2 lollipop without GAPPS?

Search This thread

zolee166

Feb 12, 2017
Hello!

I am searching for lollipop without gapps. I tried everything, cpu tuner, greenify... etc, i dont use my phone and my battery draining. Is there android os for yotaphone 2 without GAPPS? The necessary apps i will install with apk.

Thanks for help.

glasseffects

Nov 9, 2010
All official builds carry Google core apps, framework and services.

You can remove most of the Gapps without crippling the system, however most of the apps that rely upon Google Services Framework and Google Play Services may not function, WhatsApp included (generally its the background sync that ceases to function).

TheArt.

You can have any firmware without GAPPS, just study how to remove them with scripts like this and then if you want to use some apps that require Google Play Services, inform yourself about microG project. As our official firmwares come with gapps pre-installed, we need to remove them after the installation and the script is a helpful tool to do that.

I was thinking to do the same, but at the moment I don't have much time to experiment, anyway some users on 4pda are successfully using their YotaPhone2 without Gapps.

Reactions: glasseffects

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can have any firmware without GAPPS, just study how to remove them with scripts like this and then if you want to use some apps that require Google Play Services, inform yourself about microG project. As our official firmwares come with gapps pre-installed, we need to remove them after the installation and the script is a helpful tool to do that.

I was thinking to do the same, but at the moment I don't have much time to experiment, anyway some users on 4pda are successfully using their YotaPhone2 without Gapps.