You don't need root access to install Google in a Mate30

Search This thread

hokoonho

Jul 13, 2012
In the old days, people have to unlock the boot loader, gain the root access to install system apps like google play services.

But in the latest Huawei Mate 30, I discovered there is a system menu to enable "administrator" rights.

Settings ->Security->more settings->Device Administrator

The lzplay method also using the "admin" permission to install the google apps.

It's quite interesting that user can choose to activate or deactivate the admin rights granted to apps like lzplay.

I am not sure how much permission does this administrator have, but it definitely installing gapps to the mate30. May be we can use this admin rights to do something more.

Hope this thread will inspire developers who want to do something to bring google back yo the device

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191003_141744.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003_141744.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 4,349
  • Screenshot_20191003_141918.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003_141918.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 4,331
  • Screenshot_20191003_141954.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003_141954.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 4,370

HighPower

Aug 4, 2009
I'm wondering since LZPlay is essentially getting the packages from their server, with some proxy work, will that be possible to sideload our own apk file to it (or any apk...hmmmmm), will need some reverse engineering but I will try that after I got my Mate 30 Pro

Reactions: hokoonho

hokoonho

Jul 13, 2012
I'm wondering since LZPlay is essentially getting the packages from their server, with some proxy work, will that be possible to sideload our own apk file to it (or any apk...hmmmmm), will need some reverse engineering but I will try that after I got my Mate 30 Pro
Absolutely possible

hokoonho

Jul 13, 2012
I have just playing with a mate30 Pro, connected to a PC and discovered that there is a ROM flashing option in the offical HiSuite software. May be third party ROM will be possible?

Attachments

• IMG_20191005_132543.jpg
    IMG_20191005_132543.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 1,892

hokoonho

Jul 13, 2012
There are commands to enable/ disable flashing stuff to the Bootloader partitions!!!

hokoonho

Jul 13, 2012
I just read the post and post it here,
If you have a PC.
You can install Hisuite and backup a Mate 30 with google installed, then you can restore all the Google stuff to any new Mate 30.
Some people in China make a clean Mate 30 backup with google apps inatalled and share the backup file to others.
People who have such backup file can "restore" google apps into their own phone.

Reactions: p82maarj

jl1030

Oct 31, 2007
Hong Kong
Yes, I can say that this works. Just not sure how long it will last

I just read the post and post it here,
If you have a PC.
You can install Hisuite and backup a Mate 30 with google installed, then you can restore all the Google stuff to any new Mate 30.
Some people in China make a clean Mate 30 backup with google apps inatalled and share the backup file to others.
People who have such backup file can "restore" google apps into their own phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the old days, people have to unlock the boot loader, gain the root access to install system apps like google play services.

But in the latest Huawei Mate 30, I discovered there is a system menu to enable "administrator" rights.

Settings ->Security->more settings->Device Administrator

The lzplay method also using the "admin" permission to install the google apps.

It's quite interesting that user can choose to activate or deactivate the admin rights granted to apps like lzplay.

I am not sure how much permission does this administrator have, but it definitely installing gapps to the mate30. May be we can use this admin rights to do something more.

Hope this thread will inspire developers who want to do something to bring google back yo the device
    I have just playing with a mate30 Pro, connected to a PC and discovered that there is a ROM flashing option in the offical HiSuite software. May be third party ROM will be possible?
    Where you bought phone from? So YouTube not working ,Google maps not working other than are fine?

got the phone from a seller on eBay. which reminds me. eBay app doesn't work. I think as each day goes by, I run into a new issue and as much as I like the phone, its been time consuming adjusting settings to get things to work the way I want. I deleted the huawei account and disabled all its permissions which made things run smoother, but they tend to come back
    Fastboot found in the Hisuite folder