• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Your advice for Android head units BMW F30 (LCI)

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello !

I want to buy an Android head units for my BMW F30 , years 2015 (LCI) ( VIN : K463591 )

Also I want to find out more information before ordering such equipment, and I hope this topic will help other users in their future decisions !

First, I want to know if this will keep all original functions from my car including "surround view" camera and back camera .

If adapters are needed to maintain the original functions of the car, which would be the ones and whether they are available ...

The current configuration to my car is : Next Big Thing ( NBT 2012 )

nbt_2012.jpg

Thank you in advance for your advice !

PS: I'm sorry if I posted in an inappropriate section, please moderator to move this topic to the right section, thanks :eek:

Last edited:

Jedimindtriks

Feb 5, 2017
It will keep ALL the original functions of your car. thats how these units work.

You dont need adapters or anything, ive installed one of them in a F15 X5. And it works great tbh. easy to use.

When installing it can be a tight fit with the cables. And remember to move the fiber optic cables to the new quad lock connector, and you will be good to go :)

https://androidautoshop.com/bmw/78-...ndroid-712-2gb-32gb-entertainment-system.html

Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
It will keep ALL the original functions of your car. thats how these units work.

You dont need adapters or anything, ive installed one of them in a F15 X5. And it works great tbh. easy to use.

When installing it can be a tight fit with the cables. And remember to move the fiber optic cables to the new quad lock connector, and you will be good to go :)

https://androidautoshop.com/bmw/78-...ndroid-712-2gb-32gb-entertainment-system.html

Thanks, but your link it's for a car with NBT-EVO 2017+, and my car have NBT - 2012 .....

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Look again. you can choose NBT or NBT 2017.

the unit has Android 7.1.2, 2GB ram and works on your car

Sorry, I was blind ... you are right :eek:

BTW, do you know if it's working with stock GPS antenna from my car ? ... as I see it they provide a GPS antenna also :confused:

EDIT :

I still have 2 years of BMW Premium warranty, do you think by installing this unit I'll loses the warranty ? Thanks !

Last edited:

Jedimindtriks

Feb 5, 2017
The original BMW radio has the stock gps antenna, you can put it on the new unit, but then the original wont have gps signal.

Or you can just place the gps antenna with that unit, behind the screen. hidden and it will get good gps signal

I do not think its messing with warranty no.

Reactions: surdu_petru

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Look again. you can choose NBT or NBT 2017.

the unit has Android 7.1.2, 2GB ram and works on your car
    The original BMW radio has the stock gps antenna, you can put it on the new unit, but then the original wont have gps signal.

Or you can just place the gps antenna with that unit, behind the screen. hidden and it will get good gps signal

I do not think its messing with warranty no.