"your device is corrupt. it cant be trusted and will not boot"

Search This thread

Ishta

Oct 14, 2021
I previously rooted my phone and I wanted to unroot it. I am running "OxygenOS 11.0.8.8".

I uninstalled Magisk from within Magisk and confirmed the phone was not rooted with the root checker app.

Then I used ADB to run these commands:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot oem lock

After that when it boots I'm getting a message "your device is corrupt. it cant be trusted and will not boot"

I can still manage to get to "Fastboot Mode" and it reports Device State is locked.

Can anyone plz point me how to finish "unbrick" the phone?

Ishta

Oct 14, 2021
That actually worked. Now I'm back into the normal phone, what's the safest way to return to locked bootloader total stock from here?

When I try to update OS via settings I get a red font error "installation will continue when device isn't being used"

Ishta

Oct 14, 2021
Now I've updated to "11.0.11.11.IN11BA" but my bootloader is still unlocked, what's the safest way to lock it?

Thanks!

xtcislove

Jan 17, 2010
Gummersbach
OnePlus 8 Pro
Now I've updated to "11.0.11.11.IN11BA" but my bootloader is still unlocked, what's the safest way to lock it?

Thanks!

Use MSM Tool

HolyHog

Jun 11, 2015
Anchorage
If you can flash TWRP 3.6.1, you can use it to flash roms that are a zip file. That includes stock roms also. This version of TWRP works well to flash roms. I have even gone from Android 11 to 12 with it.

You can flash TWRP both with fastboot and adb. Adb works really nice using adb sideload TWRP.zip. It will auto flash into both partitions.

Last edited: