• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

"Your Note7 will stop working on 1/31/2017"

Search This thread

raneym305

Jan 17, 2015
Olympia, WA
I just received this text from Verizon. Has anyone else gotten it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170117-150810.jpg
    Screenshot_20170117-150810.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: tricktaylor

noteseven

Jan 24, 2017
Verizon blocked my note 7 and I called and threatened at least 5 people with lawsuits for breach of contract and
they magically took off the block and my note 7 works like it always did. we need a class action lawsuit against Samsung for how badly they handled a voluntary recall and definitely against Verizon for cooperating with Samsung to force us into a voluntary recall with a breach of contract by deliberately killing a device we already paid for, on an account for services in good standing since we pay our bill every month. no one at Verizon technically agreed with me but I apparently got through to at least 2 of the 5 I threatened because they did turn it back on. so when they tell you they can't, its BS. demand to talk to someone with a big enough desk to understand breach of contract and they'll fix it for you. one lady told me that her supervisor would tell me the same thing and I replied, "that's fine, i'll keep going up the ladder until I find a big enough desk to settle this." she said there was nothing she could do and I replied "i believe you, I'm just not talking to the right person yet"

Reactions: Cammy253

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
Verizon blocked my note 7 and I called and threatened at least 5 people with lawsuits for breach of contract and
they magically took off the block and my note 7 works like it always did. we need a class action lawsuit against Samsung for how badly they handled a voluntary recall and definitely against Verizon for cooperating with Samsung to force us into a voluntary recall with a breach of contract by deliberately killing a device we already paid for, on an account for services in good standing since we pay our bill every month. no one at Verizon technically agreed with me but I apparently got through to at least 2 of the 5 I threatened because they did turn it back on. so when they tell you they can't, its BS. demand to talk to someone with a big enough desk to understand breach of contract and they'll fix it for you. one lady told me that her supervisor would tell me the same thing and I replied, "that's fine, i'll keep going up the ladder until I find a big enough desk to settle this." she said there was nothing she could do and I replied "i believe you, I'm just not talking to the right person yet"

Its not a voluntary recall. The voluntary was on Samsung's part, on that they voluntarily recalled the device and wasn't forced by some agency. The recall and issue with the phone is widely known. They have provided a free upgrade and a refund and credit. Yes I know there is no true replacement for the note 7, I wish there was but I guess we should complain to other companies for a competing product.

Cammy253

Nov 16, 2011
Tacoma, Washington
This really worked?! I'm just waiting for mine to get shut off. I heard they were going to make it so that all calls are forwarded to verizon. Is this what happened to you? And if so, what do I need to say to them to reverse this. I'm no Lawyer, but advice on what to say will be much appreciated.

Sent from my Explosive Galaxy Note 7

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
So if my car gets a recall will they make it so it will not start?

Look up GM EV1, it wasn't recalled but they took them all. Also there has never been such a recall to a vehicle to warrant drastic measures. Vehicles are also repaired free of charge on recalls and people don't like taking chances with their life if it was an important recall. Apples and oranges.

Fourstarzzzz

Nov 23, 2008
Look up GM EV1, it wasn't recalled but they took them all. Also there has never been such a recall to a vehicle to warrant drastic measures. Vehicles are also repaired free of charge on recalls and people don't like taking chances with their life if it was an important recall. Apples and oranges.

What about the Takata airbags? I would say that is a pretty dangerous recall. Why can't they "repair" my phone? I would be more than happy to have my phone repaired free of charge.

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
What about the Takata airbags? I would say that is a pretty dangerous recall. Why can't they "repair" my phone? I would be more than happy to have my phone repaired free of charge.

Don't know about the airbags, will look that up. We all wish they would of just repaired them but at the beginning not knowing the true cause, a fix would still be a time away from now. They would have to design and manufacture a new battery. Battery would also not be the same mah rating, I know most wouldn't care to have it back. I guess they felt they might as well put the time and money into the next one.

Well they did it....and 5 days early. No text incoming or outgoing the same with calls having the latter redirected to the evil empire themselves. I'm using the 3g connection on my free gear s2 I received for buying this dataless note 7 to communicate. I'm currently in the process of applying to law school, obviously still far from a lawyer, but I'd like to see if I can get someone with a "big desk" and throw some words around and get this thing working. I don't want to go back to a cracked screen note 4, but i need my spent.
Sincerely Sad.

LaughinBones

Nov 20, 2016
My phone got hot lined, so I talked to Verizon for a while (re: I shouldn't have to use my upgrade to downgrade phones, they should guarantee a swap out for the Note 8, no luck). They removed it but said it would be hot lined again in 5 days...

LaughinBones

Nov 20, 2016
My phone got hot lined, so I talked to Verizon for a while (re: I shouldn't have to use my upgrade to downgrade phones, they should guarantee a swap out for the Note 8, no luck). They removed it but said it would be hot lined again in 5 days...

Now all my data and texting is off... and lost call making abilities again too.

Calls are going to a busy signal, not even to Verizon.

---------- Post added 28th January 2017 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th January 2017 at 11:28 PM ----------

Wow, I can't even call Verizon customer service!!! Just took a video of a call to Verizon customer service going to a busy signal.

eskomo

May 13, 2008
Michigan
After talking to verizon for a bit and carefully beating them up over the phone, they agreed to remove the hotline for 2 months while the Pixel XL 128 comes back into stock with notes on the account to make sure if it does get auto-hot lined they will remove it with a phone call all manager approved. Rolling out the Hot line on us 4-5 days early was the main reason they have to remove it. They are very hesitant but once you give a good consistent rebuttal, they will back down.

Reactions: Dougfresh

Bonus B

Aug 14, 2016
I've had to kick and shout as well, but they did remove the hotline for outbound calls (for the time being) and my data appears to work. Only problem is that I still can not send or receive text messages and I fear that if I call VZW support about it, they will re-hotline my phone. Any suggestions to get my text messaging back?

jjayzx

Apr 14, 2011
I bet the reps haven't been told what to do with the situation and freak out and just turn them back on. It seems kind of odd that they can easily turn them back on too.

Bonus B

Aug 14, 2016
I threatened to file a lawsuit and they turned mine back on lol..everything works just like it did before
Text messaging working? I have everything but messaging. I continue to get a Verizon Cloud notify saying account suspended.... when I launch Cloud and press the get started button, it pops up a message to call customer service, the account is in suspended state. I'm wondering if my cloud issue and my messaging issue correlate. Would like to avoid calling them for fear of being put back on hotline.

Cammy253

Nov 16, 2011
Tacoma, Washington
Text messaging working? I have everything but messaging. I continue to get a Verizon Cloud notify saying account suspended.... when I launch Cloud and press the get started button, it pops up a message to call customer service, the account is in suspended state. I'm wondering if my cloud issue and my messaging issue correlate. Would like to avoid calling them for fear of being put back on hotline.
Yeah everything is still working fine...i asked to talk to a supervisor or someone in the legal department and threatened them and they turned it right back on lol...my phone was only hotlined for maybe 15 minutes.

Sent from my Explosive Galaxy Note 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received this text from Verizon. Has anyone else gotten it?
    So if my car gets a recall will they make it so it will not start?
    After talking to verizon for a bit and carefully beating them up over the phone, they agreed to remove the hotline for 2 months while the Pixel XL 128 comes back into stock with notes on the account to make sure if it does get auto-hot lined they will remove it with a phone call all manager approved. Rolling out the Hot line on us 4-5 days early was the main reason they have to remove it. They are very hesitant but once you give a good consistent rebuttal, they will back down.
    Any of you with a still functioning N7 able to text? Which app are you using?

My service hasn't been affected in any way. calling, texting and data have remained unchanged. I don't know why they're doing this to some and not others. It may be only people who bought they're phones direct from VZW but those that bought from 3rd party are OK.