• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

"Your Note7 will stop working on 1/31/2017"

Search This thread

kat3k

Nov 22, 2010
Text messaging working? I have everything but messaging. I continue to get a Verizon Cloud notify saying account suspended.... when I launch Cloud and press the get started button, it pops up a message to call customer service, the account is in suspended state. I'm wondering if my cloud issue and my messaging issue correlate. Would like to avoid calling them for fear of being put back on hotline.

After a day of being hotlined, I reactivated my N5. Verizon removed hotline, but messaging did not work. Called again and messaging works, but have gotten the cloud issue you're talking about. Verizon has not been able to figure it out, and I am no longer hotlined. Don't know if that's any help....

Bonus B

Aug 14, 2016
Still kicking here, minus text messaging. Rather than call the dirty bastards, I attempted the chat support on their website. The tech advised that he tried everything he could, but asked that I restart my phone. I specifically asked if he was going to re-hotline my phone to which he said he was not, that he was trying his last option to correct my issue with text and that I should call the tech support team if this restart didn't resolve my problem. So I restarted. The phone restarted, but just as the home screen appeared, the phone restarted again... I thought it to be strange, but tried the messaging again to no resolve, advised the tech it still wasnt sending or receiving texts. I placed a quick call from my N7 to make sure I wasn't hotlined again, and I wasnt :) He now advised he would stay on the chat with me until I was able to contact a member of the tech support team. Long story short, after another 48 mins on the phone listening to them tell me that VZW has no control over my problem and the FCC has disabled my phone for safety reasons and that NO ONE at Verizon could turn them back on. I proceeded to tell them that I heard the same exact thing from them for the 1st week of being hotlined, yet VZW was able to get my phone and data turned back on. I gave up because I could see it was going nowhere.
So I kept thinking back to my convos with them and recalled they kept asking which messaging app I was using.(I was using the built-in yellow samsung app) and recall one rep tell me that this app runs through Samsung servers and Samsung has blocked it. I've disabled the VZW bloat message app long ago, so started trying to find it on my phone to re-enable it and its not there! Went into the play store, found it and the button shows "enable" but does nothing when I press it. Appears to be permanently disabled for me. So, I deduced the reason for that restart earlier was to remove the app from my phone and permanently prevent me from using it ever again. Whatsapp works fine, as does FB messenger. The bottom line is that I cannot send or receive text messages using my phone number, but can use other apps for messaging. Any of you with a still functioning N7 able to text? Which app are you using? I feel they've done this because they see the majority of my communication is via text and know that it's crippling me.

jellyhead

Sep 3, 2010
Any of you with a still functioning N7 able to text? Which app are you using?

My service hasn't been affected in any way. calling, texting and data have remained unchanged. I don't know why they're doing this to some and not others. It may be only people who bought they're phones direct from VZW but those that bought from 3rd party are OK.

Reactions: Bonus B

eskomo

May 13, 2008
Michigan
I bought mine from a 3rd party verizon store. I was hot-lined until i called and ordered a Pixel which I will cancel when it gets ready to ship and push back my date again for a different color or something. But they enabled everything until a few days later the verizon messaging app stopped working so now I use the default samsung app and texting works fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received this text from Verizon. Has anyone else gotten it?
    Verizon blocked my note 7 and I called and threatened at least 5 people with lawsuits for breach of contract and
    they magically took off the block and my note 7 works like it always did. we need a class action lawsuit against Samsung for how badly they handled a voluntary recall and definitely against Verizon for cooperating with Samsung to force us into a voluntary recall with a breach of contract by deliberately killing a device we already paid for, on an account for services in good standing since we pay our bill every month. no one at Verizon technically agreed with me but I apparently got through to at least 2 of the 5 I threatened because they did turn it back on. so when they tell you they can't, its BS. demand to talk to someone with a big enough desk to understand breach of contract and they'll fix it for you. one lady told me that her supervisor would tell me the same thing and I replied, "that's fine, i'll keep going up the ladder until I find a big enough desk to settle this." she said there was nothing she could do and I replied "i believe you, I'm just not talking to the right person yet"
    So if my car gets a recall will they make it so it will not start?
    After talking to verizon for a bit and carefully beating them up over the phone, they agreed to remove the hotline for 2 months while the Pixel XL 128 comes back into stock with notes on the account to make sure if it does get auto-hot lined they will remove it with a phone call all manager approved. Rolling out the Hot line on us 4-5 days early was the main reason they have to remove it. They are very hesitant but once you give a good consistent rebuttal, they will back down.
    Any of you with a still functioning N7 able to text? Which app are you using?

My service hasn't been affected in any way. calling, texting and data have remained unchanged. I don't know why they're doing this to some and not others. It may be only people who bought they're phones direct from VZW but those that bought from 3rd party are OK.