• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Your phone isn't running official software

Search This thread
Jan 5, 2018
G'day XDA Developers

I tried rooting my phone with Magisk then flashing the AP file via Odin in download mode then flashed twrp how ever when I boot I get the error message. Your phone isn't running official software and the phone just keeps rebooting so I think I have tripped Knox.

I can't seem to enter download mode or recovery so I am wondering how can I restore it back to stock rom and relock the bootloader? Or is my only option to RMA the phone?.

Mar 28, 2015
Yes by rooting your device you are actually tripping your KNOW built in fuse.
Now try to do few thing:
Download the stock firmware by using Frija-v1.4.2 software.
After that unzip the firmware file and use odin3 to flash the firmware you can read more here.
If you need TWRP use this link to install it.
after that use this link to install kernal which is having magisk inside it so you dont even need button combination.
you just need to flash kernal zip file in twrp or you can read official post here.

Jan 5, 2018
The problem is I can't enter download mode the phone just keeps endlessly rebooting so I might have to wait until the battery runs out then try entering download mode.

Update: Okay so I waited until the phones battery died and the phone ended its reboot loop then I charged the phone and tried entering download mode and I was successful in that then I reflashed the stock rom via odin and restored the phone back to factory settings now it's working again.

Last edited:

jeffwilly

Aug 2, 2021
The problem is I can't enter download mode the phone just keeps endlessly rebooting so I might have to wait until the battery runs out then try entering download mode.

Update: Okay so I waited until the phones battery died and the phone ended its reboot loop then I charged the phone and tried entering download mode and I was successful in that then I reflashed the stock rom via odin and restored the phone back to factory settings now it's working again.
I have the same thing bruh.