Question Your thoughts about the poco x3 pro

Search This thread

rafa_apmm

Aug 23, 2015
Xiaomi 12
Hey guys, what are your thoughts about this phone? I have bought one last week, my previously phone was a one plus 3t (quite old).

I think it was a nice upgrade, very snappy, câmera is good, and the price is on point.

I read about the screen being way worst comparing to the OLED, but i think is okay, colours and brightness wise.

I dont know how to feel about the MIUI interface since i come from oxygenOS, also phone is a bit on the heavy side and the back vibrates a lot when the volume is mid/high.

How has been your experiences?

Jul 15, 2017
Hey guys, what are your thoughts about this phone? I have bought one last week, my previously phone was a one plus 3t (quite old).

I think it was a nice upgrade, very snappy, câmera is good, and the price is on point.

I read about the screen being way worst comparing to the OLED, but i think is okay, colours and brightness wise.

I dont know how to feel about the MIUI interface since i come from oxygenOS, also phone is a bit on the heavy side and the back vibrates a lot when the volume is mid/high.

How has been your experiences?
Well, to be honest, I am dissapointed with the phone. I upgraded from Redmi Note 7 Pro and the only thing Poco has better is the performance and dual speakers. Everything is super smooth and snappy. The screen, besides having 120Hz refresh rate is no different than redmi notes' screen. And that is about it. Everything else is not even as good as on Redmi Note 7 Pro. The camera on my redmi note takes noticeably better pictures. The audio quality (in-call and media) is also noticeably better on my redmi note. Even though Poco has larger battery (5160 vs 4000 mAh) usage time is about the same. Plus, poco is a very thiccc phone... So, two years between phones and only the performance is an upgrade, everything else is basically a downgrade. I wish i bought Redmi Note 10 Pro, but that phone is almost 100 EUR more expensive here.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Well, to be honest, I am dissapointed with the phone. I upgraded from Redmi Note 7 Pro and the only thing Poco has better is the performance and dual speakers. Everything is super smooth and snappy. The screen, besides having 120Hz refresh rate is no different than redmi notes' screen. And that is about it. Everything else is not even as good as on Redmi Note 7 Pro. The camera on my redmi note takes noticeably better pictures. The audio quality (in-call and media) is also noticeably better on my redmi note. Even though Poco has larger battery (5160 vs 4000 mAh) usage time is about the same. Plus, poco is a very thiccc phone... So, two years between phones and only the performance is an upgrade, everything else is basically a downgrade. I wish i bought Redmi Note 10 Pro, but that phone is almost 100 EUR more expensive here.

Yeah, the very notable difference for this phone is it's cheap price for it's spec.

For some people, 3.5mm jack together with microSD is better.

And something different from the Redmi Note 7 Pro that you didn't told is the UFS 3.1 internal storage. This makes read/write very fast. So for photos and games, it's faster. That's also the reason other than the SOC that makes it very smooth and snappy.

Last edited:

thorin0815

Apr 27, 2017
Germany
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I had a Nokia 7 Plus for about two years before and the X3 Pro is a rocket by comparison. I also thought about getting the Note 10 Pro for a while, but the "bad" SoC put me off. OLED is of course nice to have, but without a real always-on display it is of little use in my opinion. In any case, I am more than satisfied with the X3 Pro in all respects. MIUI and all the bloatware is an evil abomination if you were only used to Vanilla Android before, but thanks to ADB you can fix a lot.

Reactions: ollie2012

bart_86

Apr 16, 2016
Dublin
I switched from Moto G5 Plus and I find this phone much better in almost every aspect, except size :)
I don't care much about photo quality, they are good enough for me.
Screen seems to be dimmer than on my old Moto. Colors are ok, I like that it supports reading mode without relying on third party apps. I don't need smooth animations so 60Hz is enough for me.
Storage - I had to buy model with bigger storage as I need dual sim active all the time.
Audio quality on headphones (cable and BT) is very good.
Battery (after playing with location settings to stop drain) life is satisfying. Charging is super fast.
Performance - I don't play games that requires all that power so for every day use I find it outstanding.
Ocassionally I need to calibrate location (?) sensors in some apps, might need to find more permanent solution.

Reactions: lebigmac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a Nokia 7 Plus for about two years before and the X3 Pro is a rocket by comparison. I also thought about getting the Note 10 Pro for a while, but the "bad" SoC put me off. OLED is of course nice to have, but without a real always-on display it is of little use in my opinion. In any case, I am more than satisfied with the X3 Pro in all respects. MIUI and all the bloatware is an evil abomination if you were only used to Vanilla Android before, but thanks to ADB you can fix a lot.
    I switched from Moto G5 Plus and I find this phone much better in almost every aspect, except size :)
    I don't care much about photo quality, they are good enough for me.
    Screen seems to be dimmer than on my old Moto. Colors are ok, I like that it supports reading mode without relying on third party apps. I don't need smooth animations so 60Hz is enough for me.
    Storage - I had to buy model with bigger storage as I need dual sim active all the time.
    Audio quality on headphones (cable and BT) is very good.
    Battery (after playing with location settings to stop drain) life is satisfying. Charging is super fast.
    Performance - I don't play games that requires all that power so for every day use I find it outstanding.
    Ocassionally I need to calibrate location (?) sensors in some apps, might need to find more permanent solution.