Youtube app disappeared after factory reset

Search This thread

csmall

May 1, 2008
NY
If you search for the apprentice in the market it won't let you install it?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

centroi

Mar 24, 2009
mee too

solution is find it with titanium backup, uninstall it, and now you can download it from market

dissapear too google earth, google books, voice and some more and this don't apears on market before uninstalling it, but appears in titanium backup

centroi

Mar 24, 2009
I only tried with youtube, these other apps I dont will use and dont try with these. and I uninstalled it, these apps appears like youtube app in titanium backup

edit: I tried install google voice and google earth and no problem for me

nedim.bfo

Apr 10, 2011
Sarajevo
I had a same problem on my Nexus S, what I did was, I navigated to /system/app/ folder on my phone with ES File Explorer, found the YouTube.apk and reinstalled it from there! :)

PS. Android Market and my phone showed the application as installed, and all options were greyed out (Open, Install, Uninstall)!

Last edited:

Risi2112

Sep 28, 2009
mee too

solution is find it with titanium backup, uninstall it, and now you can download it from market

dissapear too google earth, google books, voice and some more and this don't apears on market before uninstalling it, but appears in titanium backup

I had to do this several times because it kept getting messed up. Couldn't uninstall it normally but it didn't open.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App

ScooterG

Aug 29, 2009
Gaga land
My odd solution:

-Download GApps from Rom Manager...or wherever
-Flash GApps via recovery
-Reboot (Still no YouTube...)
-Go to Market
-Re-install Youtube from Market

When my YouTube "disappeared", it "appeared" in the Market as installed but the Open and Unistall buttons were greyed out. The icon in the drawer and the widget option were both gone.

JuWa

Dec 1, 2009
I don't have that Think Free Office icon either in the apps drawer, but the TFO is installed in my phone. I was little bit confused about that thing, but now I see it's a common issue...?

jmattaxel

Apr 17, 2011
I find it in xoom forum,thought it might help

If you have had a problem with the missing YouTube and/or Google Books applications, we have a workaround you can try.

Connect to WiFi network. (So far it looks like only WiFi Xooms have had this issue. Let me know if you have this on a Verizon Xoom.)
Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
Go to the "All" tab and then scroll down and select "Google Partner Setup."
Clear Data.
Reboot your Xoom. (That is, turn it off and on.)

If this doesn't work, perform a factory reset (Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset) and try the sequence above again.

Please let me know how if this works for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: K-SHOX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I find it in xoom forum,thought it might help

If you have had a problem with the missing YouTube and/or Google Books applications, we have a workaround you can try.

Connect to WiFi network. (So far it looks like only WiFi Xooms have had this issue. Let me know if you have this on a Verizon Xoom.)
    Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
    Go to the "All" tab and then scroll down and select "Google Partner Setup."
    Clear Data.
    Reboot your Xoom. (That is, turn it off and on.)

If this doesn't work, perform a factory reset (Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset) and try the sequence above again.

Please let me know how if this works for you.