Youtube buffering often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nobrakes

Oct 25, 2006
I was having alot of buffering issues with Youtube app and I know it wasn't my data speed so I installed an older version and it seems to help.

Attachments

• com.google.android.youtube_3505.apk
    3.6 MB · Views: 185

Tenji7

Jul 27, 2012
I am having the same issue too, my youtube seem to buffer alot on HD, but if you turn HD off, it buffer fine. My speedtest are over around 20mbps down and 3 up. The weird thing is my family other nexus does not have this buffering issue on HD. I test both the nexus at the same time and each separately, my is loading slow and buffering. I will test the apk you provide.

threeclaws

Mar 7, 2006
California
I get youtube buffering on my desktop ROFL, I just chalk it up to youtube being overloaded and paid programming (vevo/broadcast/etc.) all getting priority.

Actually, try something on vevo, it seems to be the only "channel" I never seem to get buffering on.

xExabyte

Jul 22, 2012
Nuremberg
Works perfectly fine for me. I have a 50mbps connection and it never has to buffer. Videos load right away.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Mancubus99

Aug 12, 2008
I had the same problem after I got my phone and ran the update. Not only was YouTube acting up but anything that streamed, including music. To fix it I did a factory reset and now everything works perfectly. Try doing that and see if it helps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

jundii

Apr 13, 2011
Same issue here for me on WiFi with 45 Mbps down Internet speeds. Came from the Atrix on gingerbread and had similar issues with the updated YouTube app. I have some buffering issues via the PC browser but nothing that sucks this much. Right now I'm on CM 10.1. I see a lot of reviews on the play store with similar complaints on other phones. Definitely gotta be an app issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.