Youtube Music module (not YouTube)

Search This thread

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
With Google play music going away soon, the community would definitely benefit from a module for YouTube Music (not YouTube).

Requested features, at least from my point of view would be background and ad free playback in the YouTube music section (this already exists in the uploaded music section), improved search in the uploaded section and that the search defaults to the tab it originated in (search in uploaded music, search results show in uploaded tab, not YT music tab). And maybe other small improvements.

Please post here if you would like a module like this. Considering how broken YTM is compared to Google Play Music, it would be welcomed.

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
I doubt how could someone benefit out of this idea.

My guess is that you're making a basic mistake here, you can't just achieve functions nor improve an app (that requires a paid subscription) by simply adding it to another partiton through a module or giving root permission to it... It won't make any real difference.

If you're taking the Vanced mod into account, don't, because Vanced is a completely different situation, it's a modified version of the original app and the only benefit of it being a module or installed using root was that the app could replace the original YouTube app systemlessly, they could use the repository to distribute the module easier, and you could login without the microg thing (in fact, the module is now deprecated in favor of their own manager apk). And you can also install the non-root version, which works exactly the same as the root one ?

So, in short, no it's not as simple as that. Unless someone is interested in modifying that app directly (similar to Vanced). You should be asking for an apk mod, not a module...

Last edited:

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
I doubt how could someone benefit out of this idea.

My guess is that you're making a basic mistake here, you can't just achieve functions nor improve an app (that requires a paid subscription) by simply adding it to another partiton through a module or giving root permission to it... It won't make any real difference.

If you're taking the Vanced mod into account, don't, because Vanced is a completely different situation, it's a modified version of the original app and the only benefit of it being a module or installed using root was that the app could replace the original YouTube app systemlessly, they could use the repository to distribute the module easier, and you could login without the microg thing (in fact, the module is now deprecated in favor of their own manager apk). And you can also install the non-root version, which works exactly the same as the root one ?

So, in short, no it's not as simple as that. Unless someone is interested in modifying that app directly (similar to Vanced). You should be asking for an apk mod, not a module...

Considering it's going to replace Google Play Music, yes I think it deserves a module, and as much attention as the Vanced team gives its app. I find it strange you think I'm making a "mistake" in asking for a module (call it an app, call it a module, it's a modded version of the original, however we get there) that thousands of people would appreciate. If a module is not the right term, that's fine. This forums is a good place to start though since I have seen a lot of threads asking for something like this even though GPM is still alive. When it dies, it would be very welcome by the community I'm sure.

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
Considering it's going to replace Google Play Music, yes I think it deserves a module, and as much attention as the Vanced team gives its app. I find it strange you think I'm making a "mistake" in asking for a module (call it an app, call it a module, it's a modded version of the original, however we get there) that thousands of people would appreciate. If a module is not the right term, that's fine. This forums is a good place to start though since I have seen a lot of threads asking for something like this even though GPM is still alive. When it dies, it would be very welcome by the community I'm sure.

Did you ignore the part where I said that it makes no difference at all to use it as a module or simply install as a normal apk and the differences btw them, also the comparison? The mistake I mentioned is that you're asking for an apk mod, not a module. That's it.

About the idea, yes I agree with you, it'd be useful (as long as it's not considered against the rules or there are some law problems implied, Idk).

I'm dreading this forced migration from Play Music to YT Music. For years now I've had the last remaining copy of my entire digital music library collected over the years, with a ton of remixes, singles, alternate versions, radio talk, random sound bites, extremely old and obscure audio files which are very likely impossible to ever find anywhere online these days. All just saved on GPM cloud. I'm absolutely dreading the change to YTMusic will be an opportunity for Google to delete entire swaths of audio files that don't fit into their sanitized Billboard commercial record label-approved cookie cutter whitelist, reducing the tens of thousands of tracks down to whatever YouTube recognizes only.

This may not be the right place to ask, but regarding a method to preserve our GPM music libraries, is there such a mod or modded apk that may help with this? I know back in the day there were mass downloader programs for desktop systems but that's no longer an option. And i very much doubt there will be an easy way to transfer such a huge library to another cloud service, even if just as basic file storage and not music oriented.