YouTube Music Not Showing Song/Track/Artist Info on Pixel 4XL

Search This thread

garak0410

Feb 7, 2009
I have a Note 10+ and a Pixel 4XL and I tend to use the Pixel a lot more. But one thing I've noticed...YouTube Music on the Pixel 4XL does not display song information via Bluetooth in my car. Dropping down to 1.3 is not an option (and also didn't work)...on my Note 10+, it works fine. I opened a case with YouTube Music...this is what they said:

I received your email that you're unable to see the details of the songs while playing via Bluetooth through your Pixel device in your car. Being a music lover, I can't imagine my day without listening to my favorite tracks, so I can totally understand your situation. Let me help you with the relevant information.

I'd love to help you in getting the issue fixed, however, currently this feature is not available for YouTube Music app on Pixel 4XL devices.

Even if that is a canned response, I can't imagine their flagship phone and music service don't play nice.

Anyone else encounter this?

Shit2plus

Apr 25, 2020
My nextdoor just complained to me about same youtube music s***t issue on her Pixel 4 Xl . Am going through some research to know the actual cause.

hatdrc

Feb 17, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 4 XL
I just noticed yesterday that on my 2017 Ford fusion on the first song I play it says the artist name is unknown. After the first song it works fine. Haven't seen any issue with my 2010 mustang.

tripleacs

Nov 15, 2007
I have a Note 10+ and a Pixel 4XL and I tend to use the Pixel a lot more. But one thing I've noticed...YouTube Music on the Pixel 4XL does not display song information via Bluetooth in my car. Dropping down to 1.3 is not an option (and also didn't work)...on my Note 10+, it works fine. I opened a case with YouTube Music...this is what they said:

I received your email that you're unable to see the details of the songs while playing via Bluetooth through your Pixel device in your car. Being a music lover, I can't imagine my day without listening to my favorite tracks, so I can totally understand your situation. Let me help you with the relevant information.

I'd love to help you in getting the issue fixed, however, currently this feature is not available for YouTube Music app on Pixel 4XL devices.

Even if that is a canned response, I can't imagine their flagship phone and music service don't play nice.

Anyone else encounter this?

Yup. Same for me on my Honda HR-V.. No problems with Spotify at all. This started a few months ago in Jan/Feb for me. I didnt have any problems with this on my Pixel 4 XL last year.
P.S: tried Youtube music on my old Note 8. Bluetooth metadata works fine.

garak0410

Feb 7, 2009
It is interesting that this isn't a bigger deal than it is and how that "general" YouTube Music support says it is by design.

Funny...a music video from YouTube via YouTube Music also doesn't show the Bluetooth info yet same video on the YouTube proper app does.

We shouldn't be forced to enter developer node and lower Bluetooth from 1.4 to 1.3 especialy when other apps work just fine including YouTube itself.