YouTube TV

Search This thread

Redhawk2000

Jun 1, 2016
Works for sure but a weak old gen 1 fire stick will only play 144p smoothly. And even then I'm using the word "smoothly" a little liberally lol. Not enough processing power or perhaps more likely just since it hasn't been optimized for the device or both. Nice option for those with newer devices, though.

Sent from my LEX727 using XDA Labs

Sammy201

Feb 12, 2018
Does this playback YouTubeTV on a 3rd Gen Fire TV? I want LiveTV via YouTubeTV, not merely just YouTube.

quavebslreb

Aug 24, 2018
On my FireTV 2. Gen works now YTTV in den version of Android Phones and Tablet and that is okay for me.

How it works?

youtubeTV needs three types of GPS to work:
GPS Location
GPS Location over Network
GPS Location over Fused.

And only this GPS Faker App has these requirements
com.lexa.fakegps_2.0.7.apk
In the beginning I was a bit surprised because with my mobile phone and tablet it did not work with this GPS Faker app, with the FireTV very well.

But now, in turn, what to do:
As already announced in my first post at page 4 install the following components:
Google-Play-Store_6.0.0.apk
Google-Account-Manager_4.4.4-1227136.apk
Google-Dienste-Framework_4.4.4-1227136.apk
com.estrongs.android.pop_535.apk
com.google.android.gms_11.9.75

With the tool adbLink3.6 this adb shell commands are send:

Now you can sidelode and install youtubeTV and the GPS-Faker App.

To control that you have all three GPS methods work sideload and install FusedLocation Test.

Now start your youtubeTV App and log in with your account. The GPS test is ok too.

The control succeeds over a connected mouse and for me thats okay.

I wish you a lot of fun with FireTV and youtubeTV in 1080p

Would it be possible to include links to the above-referenced APKs? This would help out tremendously!
Thank you!!!

Reactions: Simien

freddie813

Aug 8, 2010
NA
I got this working on my FireTV Gen 2 box. Took some troubleshooting, but I REALLY appreciate the guide! I did already buy a Roku Streaming Stick+, but this will work great for my guest TV. Thanks!!!

quavebslreb

Aug 24, 2018
I got this working on my FireTV Gen 2 box. Took some troubleshooting, but I REALLY appreciate the guide! I did already buy a Roku Streaming Stick+, but this will work great for my guest TV. Thanks!!!

Are you getting 1080p (or at least 720p) on your TV?

Any chance you can post the links in which you utilized?

Thanks!!!

freddie813

Aug 8, 2010
NA
Are you getting 1080p (or at least 720p) on your TV?

Any chance you can post the links in which you utilized?

Thanks!!!
I was only able to get 480p quality to work, but that looks like the only option available, so I will roll with it. Again, my Roku has became my primary streaming media player, due to the Youtube and Youtube TV support.

Maybe I can send you the APKs? All I did was search google for the APKs listed, and downloaded them from the APKmirror site.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...google-play-store-6-0-0-android-apk-download/
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...ogle-play-services-11-9-75-release/#downloads
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...framework-4-4-4-1227136-android-apk-download/
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lexa/...fake-gps-location-2-0-7-android-apk-download/

Protocol Zero

May 15, 2015
Hey everyone, first of all I want to thank everyone for all the hard work provided for this! It really is a shame that YouTube TV can't just have an official release, especially since it DOES actually work, just a few minor tweaks and it would be flawless! I've been following guides and things for days trying to get this to work, and I have successfully got it installed and it plays! Well, I've only tested live TV, I haven't tried anything that's been recorded yet. There is one issue that I will explain later on. First, I'll explain the trials I took.

I was fairly convinced in the beginning that I would need a working google play store in order to get this app, thinking if I can just get a play store that works, I can just install it from there! My entire first day of trying to fix this was trying to install google. I never succeeded. One of the guides I followed mentioned if I can install all the framework for google and then install Gmail so I could add a google account to the Firestick, then I would be set! I did do that, and it never worked. I found THIS GUIDE that had a link for a YouTube TV apk, that I tried, which did let me actually login, and I was able to see the live TV guide and my recordings, but nothing would play. I'm going to test back with that and play with it to see if maybe it's a settings issue later. Before I did anything else, I uninstalled all of the previous YouTube TV apks I installed as well as all the Google apks.

Then what I did was went to see if maybe an older version of the YouTube TV APK existed, since I'm using the 2nd gen FireStick, maybe I needed an older version? That's when I think I discovered the issue that many of us ran into. When I was searching APKMirror originally, I just installed the newest version of YouTube TV and didn't look that close, then when I went looking for an older version, I saw one specific version that was labeled (Android TV) and I remembered seeing that in some of the guides I read. So I grabbed YouTube TV - Watch & Record Live TV (Android TV) 1.05.05 (arm-v7a) and installed it. Prior to this I did install the The Crosswalk Project runtime (XWalk) that was found in the guide that I linked to in the previous paragraph. I have no idea if that app had any effect on the outcome, but it was installed first.

After installing the Android TV version of the YouTube TV app, I opened it, got the option of being an existing member, it gave me a code to use on the YouTube TV website, and I was all signed in! I could see the TV listings and it looked good! Then I went to play a show and I was staring at a black screen. Then I remembered everyone saying that it would only work in 480p mode, so I pressed down and over to the right until I was on the three dots, opened that menu and went to quality and changed it to 480p, and the show was playing! I nearly jumped for joy at this point! Then I continued to experiment, and I realized that after I set it to 480p and it played, I could change it back to 1080p and it worked! However, the video would never open initially if it were set to anything other than 480p. Also, some channels also wouldn't play at first, I would have to go to another channel and then back to the one I wanted. But, I was able to watch every channel I tried! All the menu buttons worked (add to library, captioning, stats for nerds, etc). The only real annoyance was I would have to manually change the quality down to 480p, let it load, and then move it back up to 1080p. That annoyance pretty much guarantees my wife will never try to open this app, so if anyone knows a way around it, or even a reason why this happens, I would very much appreciate it!

I hope this helps someone, and I really do hope we can find a solution for this soon!

jevers77

Dec 26, 2007
Hey everyone, first of all I want to thank everyone for all the hard work provided for this! It really is a shame that YouTube TV can't just have an official release, especially since it DOES actually work, just a few minor tweaks and it would be flawless! I've been following guides and things for days trying to get this to work, and I have successfully got it installed and it plays! Well, I've only tested live TV, I haven't tried anything that's been recorded yet. There is one issue that I will explain later on. First, I'll explain the trials I took.

I was fairly convinced in the beginning that I would need a working google play store in order to get this app, thinking if I can just get a play store that works, I can just install it from there! My entire first day of trying to fix this was trying to install google. I never succeeded. One of the guides I followed mentioned if I can install all the framework for google and then install Gmail so I could add a google account to the Firestick, then I would be set! I did do that, and it never worked. I found THIS GUIDE that had a link for a YouTube TV apk, that I tried, which did let me actually login, and I was able to see the live TV guide and my recordings, but nothing would play. I'm going to test back with that and play with it to see if maybe it's a settings issue later. Before I did anything else, I uninstalled all of the previous YouTube TV apks I installed as well as all the Google apks.

Then what I did was went to see if maybe an older version of the YouTube TV APK existed, since I'm using the 2nd gen FireStick, maybe I needed an older version? That's when I think I discovered the issue that many of us ran into. When I was searching APKMirror originally, I just installed the newest version of YouTube TV and didn't look that close, then when I went looking for an older version, I saw one specific version that was labeled (Android TV) and I remembered seeing that in some of the guides I read. So I grabbed YouTube TV - Watch & Record Live TV (Android TV) 1.05.05 (arm-v7a) and installed it. Prior to this I did install the The Crosswalk Project runtime (XWalk) that was found in the guide that I linked to in the previous paragraph. I have no idea if that app had any effect on the outcome, but it was installed first.

After installing the Android TV version of the YouTube TV app, I opened it, got the option of being an existing member, it gave me a code to use on the YouTube TV website, and I was all signed in! I could see the TV listings and it looked good! Then I went to play a show and I was staring at a black screen. Then I remembered everyone saying that it would only work in 480p mode, so I pressed down and over to the right until I was on the three dots, opened that menu and went to quality and changed it to 480p, and the show was playing! I nearly jumped for joy at this point! Then I continued to experiment, and I realized that after I set it to 480p and it played, I could change it back to 1080p and it worked! However, the video would never open initially if it were set to anything other than 480p. Also, some channels also wouldn't play at first, I would have to go to another channel and then back to the one I wanted. But, I was able to watch every channel I tried! All the menu buttons worked (add to library, captioning, stats for nerds, etc). The only real annoyance was I would have to manually change the quality down to 480p, let it load, and then move it back up to 1080p. That annoyance pretty much guarantees my wife will never try to open this app, so if anyone knows a way around it, or even a reason why this happens, I would very much appreciate it!

I hope this helps someone, and I really do hope we can find a solution for this soon!

Thank you, works great and saved me a lot of time. Mine plays fine in HD without having to mess with settings. This was the 1st YouTube TV I tried on mine. Installed crosswalk 1st and then the YouTube link you provided.

Kyocere

Dec 28, 2013
Las Vegas

Thank you! I was going crazy trying to find a solution. I also had Crosswalk installed. I uninstalled the APK from that thread and installed this. Signed in and its working perfectly without needing to change resolution. I Re-booted my FireTV just to make sure and it is still working.

fredlave

May 18, 2012
Oh. Sorry.
I never even thought about that.
It's one thing for Google to block a free service but to charge a subscription, then make it so a significant amount of customers can't access it...its just a really bad decision.
I'd definitely contact YTTV customer support and complain.
It's also counterproductive . This week I cancelled my Directv (much too expensive) and signed on to Youtube TV. I found it would not work with Amazon Firestick so I bought a Roku streaming stick. In these Big Bully disputes who wins, who loses?

Reactions: KLit75

Redhawk2000

Jun 1, 2016
It's also counterproductive . This week I cancelled my Directv (much too expensive) and signed on to Youtube TV. I found it would not work with Amazon Firestick so I bought a Roku streaming stick. In these Big Bully disputes who wins, who loses?

Won't help you now, but yttv app coming sometime this year for fire products. Press release was a month or two ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could anyone looking for Youtube and NOT Youtube TV kindly get the hell out of this thread?

Working YouTube tv

So I have successfully gotten YouTube tv to work on my fire stick 2.
    com.android.vending-4.6.17-80260017-minAPI8.apk

com.google.android.gms_11.9.51_(836-177350961)-11951836_minAPI19(armeabi-v7a)(213,320dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

google_services_framework_4.4.4-1227136_androidapksbox.apk

google_account_manager_4.4.4-1227136_androidapksbox.apk

Things I've installed different than the thread.
    Settings.apk for fire tv
    Fake gps app from play store
    I have used wireless adb to
    settings put secure location_providers_allowed gps

settings put secure location_providers_allowed gps,network

settings put secure mock_location 1

I will write up a full tutorial later today. I have another fitestick to test on, so I can start from beginning.

It's sorta a pain in the ass to get the fake gps coordinates right. I installed the app on my phone, then used the coordinates it read out, and typed them into fake gps using Cletus keyboard. It is important for negative - sign.

Notes are it needs a mouse to navigate some of the app, Cetus play works fine.
    Feel free to ask questions.
    Has anyone been able to get YouTube TV working on the FireTV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just install the old one:
    http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-cont...be-app-on-an-amazon-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick/
    Works for me. No guarantee Google won't mess it up. Follow the simple guide, disable updates.
    Oh. Sorry.
    I never even thought about that.
    It's one thing for Google to block a free service but to charge a subscription, then make it so a significant amount of customers can't access it...its just a really bad decision.
    I'd definitely contact YTTV customer support and complain.