Question Youtube Vanced

Search This thread

the bolt of thunder

• Jun 15, 2011
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Hey all. Been trying to hide Youtube Vanced from the play store. It keeps wanting to update. On my OP6T I was able to run installer.zip and detach it by flashing the .zip and that worked great.

It isn't working now, the installer is asking from the youtube.apk to be present in the folder. I can't find the .apk because now Vanced has a manager that installed the .apk for me.

Anyone know any ways that are working? I am using the root version.

Reactions: sbcdave

terlynn4

• Aug 18, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Even with the detach magisk module, YouTube keeps reappearing in the Play Store after awhile. Has anyone gotten it to permanently detach?

I just unchecked auto-update for YT and have to remember to skip it when updating everything else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hey all. Been trying to hide Youtube Vanced from the play store. It keeps wanting to update. On my OP6T I was able to run installer.zip and detach it by flashing the .zip and that worked great.

It isn't working now, the installer is asking from the youtube.apk to be present in the folder. I can't find the .apk because now Vanced has a manager that installed the .apk for me.

Anyone know any ways that are working? I am using the root version.
      Simplest way is to download the attached file and remove any comments (#) you want removed from the playstore and simply install detached through magisk

You delete the # character near the app you want to detach, put the file in your main storage, then install magisk detach module.
      Thank you fellas. This seems to be working as of now! If I want to re attach it I just disable the module?
      Place the comment (#) back in front and reflash detach through magisk