• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Youtube Vanced

Search This thread

pf100

Jul 13, 2021
I now tried using TeMeFI to detach YouTube from the play store. So far so good.
Great find. It works! Here's how in more detail for anyone running across this:

With TeMiFi, detach youtube from play store doing the following in the menu:
> Application Info / Manage
> Detach Package from Playstore
> DETACH: Select package then Protection Level
> Youtube - com.google.android.youtube
> 3- invalidate the data, block any attempted corrections and elicit an error in the calling client

Reactions: bnsilva and fz798

HessNL

I used debloat for YouTube to be gone then then I used YouTube Vance's and after that I did detach so that you don't have that problem no more that he wants to update bit after a while he want to update it again then use the detach again then it will be okay 😁

P.s

Also turn of automatic updates just to be sure that YouTube doesn't get updates

TurboStrutsi

Jul 1, 2016
i9100
OnePlus One

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-234453.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-234453.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 117

infamousvincci

Apr 10, 2013
Carson
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hey all. Been trying to hide Youtube Vanced from the play store. It keeps wanting to update. On my OP6T I was able to run installer.zip and detach it by flashing the .zip and that worked great.

It isn't working now, the installer is asking from the youtube.apk to be present in the folder. I can't find the .apk because now Vanced has a manager that installed the .apk for me.

Anyone know any ways that are working? I am using the root version.
Thats the problem. You are using the root way. Use the non root way.

Disable official youtube app, youtube music. Install microg, install youtube vanced and music. Done.

pf100

Jul 13, 2021
Thats the problem. You are using the root way. Use the non root way.

Disable official youtube app, youtube music. Install microg, install youtube vanced and music. Done.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to vanced you should use vanced as root if you're rooted. The only problem is detaching youtube from the store which is solved by using TeMiFi, so basically there is no problem.

infamousvincci

Apr 10, 2013
Carson
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to vanced you should use vanced as root if you're rooted. The only problem is detaching youtube from the store which is solved by using TeMiFi, so basically there is no problem.
You are right. But thats extra step for me so i just use the non root way even if im rooted. Theres been some issues with the root version in some android versions. Even if u detach it, the next reboot or the next one or the next one will attach it again to playstore. Thats why the devs in vanced said if u ate having trouble with root version, use non root.

Reactions: pf100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simplest way is to download the attached file and remove any comments (#) you want removed from the playstore and simply install detached through magisk

You delete the # character near the app you want to detach, put the file in your main storage, then install magisk detach module.
    Great find. It works! Here's how in more detail for anyone running across this:

With TeMiFi, detach youtube from play store doing the following in the menu:
    > Application Info / Manage
    > Detach Package from Playstore
    > DETACH: Select package then Protection Level
    > Youtube - com.google.android.youtube
    > 3- invalidate the data, block any attempted corrections and elicit an error in the calling client
    Hey all. Been trying to hide Youtube Vanced from the play store. It keeps wanting to update. On my OP6T I was able to run installer.zip and detach it by flashing the .zip and that worked great.

It isn't working now, the installer is asking from the youtube.apk to be present in the folder. I can't find the .apk because now Vanced has a manager that installed the .apk for me.

Anyone know any ways that are working? I am using the root version.