YT9213AJ Latest Firmware XYAUTO 6.5 API 27/Android 8.1 2020 + TWRP Magisk and Dolby

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
By flash drive do you mean a classic usb pen? Then just insert the USB key and everything should start automatically, as soon as I turn on the car stereo? And for the root instead, how can I install it? Thanks again for the answer!
Update: you can just put an ota zip file with the file i have attached here under the root of a fat32 formatted usb stick. Insert it and the flashing should automatically start when the device has booted up.
I don't know if you can just put an android 9.1 go ota update within a android 8.1 go installation.

Root: You first need twrp installed. Download an ota file for your device and extract it into a folder. Then replace the recovery.img with the twrp one(recovery.img attached to this message). Then usb zipbuilder to zip the folder to a zip file. Put the zip file under the root of the fat32 formatted usb stick together with the xyauto_bin file and install it in the device. You know have twrp installed on your device.
Now install terminal emulaator under android and run it. Type 'reboot recovery' to reboot to twrp recovery. In twrp recovery, you can just install the magisk zip file. Then install magisk manager apk. You should now have a rooted device.

btw, i used this switch for turning the radio on and off. Otherways the radio would drain the car battery when in standby.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: FoxH69

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
First i had this switch installed, but the bass was weak, so i guess it only supported like a maximum of 3 Amps. The switch in the post above is given a 35 Amps, so that's enough for the 10 Amps of the radio.

You can also install viper4android through the magisk manager.
Who has been able to install viper4android and dolby successfully, and how did you manage this?

Last edited:

FoxH69

Jan 15, 2021
Update: you can just put an ota zip file with the file i have attached here under the root of a fat32 formatted usb stick. Insert it and the flashing should automatically start when the device has booted up.
I don't know if you can just put an android 9.1 go ota update within a android 8.1 go installation.

Root: You first need twrp installed. Download an ota file for your device and extract it into a folder. Then replace the recovery.img with the twrp one(recovery.img attached to this message). Then usb zipbuilder to zip the folder to a zip file. Put the zip file under the root of the fat32 formatted usb stick together with the xyauto_bin file and install it in the device. You know have twrp installed on your device.
Now install terminal emulaator under android and run it. Type 'reboot recovery' to reboot to twrp recovery. In twrp recovery, you can just install the magisk zip file. Then install magisk manager apk. You should now have a rooted device.

btw, i used this switch for turning the radio on and off. Otherways the radio would drain the car battery when in standby.
OK then;

I download the ota file for my device and extract it to a folder. I replace the recovery.img file with the one in your post.
Next, I use zipbuilder to create a firmware zip file with the modified recovery. Then I transfer this zip file to a USB stick together with the XY Auto file. After that I use terminal emulator on the android device, type "reboot recovery" and install magisk.zip. Next I install Magisk apk and I should have root.
Forgive me if I repeat all the steps but I would like to be sure I understand!
Are the steps I have described all correct?
Also I wanted to ask: where can I find terminal emulator? And magisk apk where do I get it?

Thanks again infinitely for everything!

EDIT:

Sorry, I only saw now that everything is in the file on the first post. So just insert everything on the Usb pen and launch them in the order I described, right?

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
files attached. You can also get them from the zip file from the original poster. The rooting i manage, but haven't installed viper4android through magisk manager yet. That should work though. It is a more compatible version then the one attached/first download.

Attachments

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
Those are the steps the original poster makes. Except for the (Developer options - OEM Unlocking - Make sure this is Enabled) in developer options and the factory reset he makes.

FoxH69

Jan 15, 2021
[QUOTE = "mark-1978, post: 84343263, membro: 6767868"]
Questi sono i passaggi che fa il poster originale. Fatta eccezione per le (Opzioni sviluppatore - Sblocco OEM - Assicurati che sia abilitato) nelle opzioni sviluppatore e il ripristino delle impostazioni di fabbrica che esegue.
[/CITAZIONE]

Perfect! I hope it is universal for all car radio codes and therefore also for mine (I have a yt9216b). I just hope I don't get in trouble😅

FoxH69

Jan 15, 2021
I just have another question: when I insert the USB stick to the main unit, it should automatically install the new firmware downloaded with the new recovery, right? Then I use terminal emulator and install magisk.zip and all the rest.
I hope they are the right steps!

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
Ok, so the original poster, if you follow his directions, it works perfectly. So for the installing of twrp you can use my posts, the rest like the installing has to be done according to the first post of this topic.

Last edited:

FoxH69

Jan 15, 2021
I probably did something wrong. I downloaded the firmware, reshaped the recovery and created with Zip builder a new file (obviously with a different name). transfer everything on a usb pen formatted in FAT32, I insert it into the USB socket of my car radio but nothing starts. Active developer options. where did I go wrong?

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
either way the radio isn't detecting the usb stick, so try inserting it again, or you haven't got the XYAUTO-UPDATE.BIN file in the root of the usb stick too. Or, you haven't got the files straight under the root of the zip file.

Probably why viper4android wasn't working for me, was that the magisk rooting wasn't working. So, when you make a factory reset after flashing the magisk.zip it should work. And then you might even be able to install the latest viper4android app 2.7 and let it install the drivers. So then instead of having version 2.5 you would have 2.7.

When you flash a new rom through spflashtool, you can use an usb mouse to set the resolution in factory settings the first time.

Can someone try to install viper4android 2.7? It is a rewritten version, so faster and more options.

Last edited:

FoxH69

Jan 15, 2021
either way the radio isn't detecting the usb stick, so try inserting it again, or you haven't got the XYAUTO-UPDATE.BIN file in the root of the usb stick too. Or, you haven't got the files straight under the root of the zip file.

Probably why viper4android wasn't working for me, was that the magisk rooting wasn't working. So, when you make a factory reset after flashing the magisk.zip it should work. And then you might even be able to install the latest viper4android app 2.7 and let it install the drivers. So then instead of having version 2.5 you would have 2.7.

When you flash a new rom through spflashtool, you can use an usb mouse to set the resolution in factory settings the first time.

Can someone try to install viper4android 2.7? It is a rewritten version, so faster and more options.
nothing to do, I tried to do it all over again as you described and in no case can I start the update.
I formatted the key again in FAT32, inserted the modified firmware, the XYAUTO_UPDATE.bin file and it does not start. I also inserted the original firmware, without modifying anything, and in any case no type of update has started. Developer options are active. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or should activate some other setting somewhere else

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
nothing to do, I tried to do it all over again as you described and in no case can I start the update.
I formatted the key again in FAT32, inserted the modified firmware, the XYAUTO_UPDATE.bin file and it does not start. I also inserted the original firmware, without modifying anything, and in any case no type of update has started. Developer options are active. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or should activate some other setting somewhere else
Maybe you're trying a android go 9.1 ota update on a android 8.1 rom version? Best is to connect a pc to the radio. Just get the radio out of the car. You need to install drivers first, booting the windows into unsigned driver mode. The preloader you have to select i attached.
Then just start the flashtool flashing and connect the usb cable between pc and radio( radio powerless).

Attachments

Mohie.soheim

Jul 21, 2020
hello please i need help to update this firmware
i have download from xyauto ( gongban_en_YT9216CH_ui1-hw-ota-v6.2 )
but it get me failed
any help to make it read canbus
thanks in advance
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-06 at 9.07.38 AM.jpeg

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
hello please i need help to update this firmware
i have download from xyauto ( gongban_en_YT9216CH_ui1-hw-ota-v6.2 )
but it get me failed
any help to make it read canbus
thanks in advance View attachment 5201319
What api level is your rom?
If you want to update the firmware, you need the preloader for 32 gb sd card. But to be honest, mostly small bugs have been solved in newer roms. Strange that your info says android 10.1, while the downloads show 8.1 and 9.1. I thought the api level of the android 10.1 is the same as 9.1 so api level 27, which is real android 8.1 oreo.

Last edited:

Mohie.soheim

Jul 21, 2020
What api level is your rom?
If you want to update the firmware, you need the preloader for 32 gb sd card. But to be honest, mostly small bugs have been solved in newer roms. Strange that your info says android 10.1, while the downloads show 8.1 and 9.1. I thought the api level of the android 10.1 is the same as 9.1 so api level 27, which is real android 8.1 oreo.
i have a fake android 10 its already 8.1 go
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-28 at 11.47.24 AM.jpeg

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
i have a fake android 10 its already 8.1 go
View attachment 5201359
Then you need to flash android 9.1 go with a pc.
The preloader i attached couple of posts before didn't give any trouble on the yt9216b 1/16gb.

What is the preloader for:

Preloader

The function of the preloader is user-defined. However, typical functions include initializing the SDRAM interface and configuring the HPS I/O pins. Initializing the SDRAM allows the preloader to load the next stage of the boot software (that might not fit in the 60 kilobytes (KB) available in the on-chip RAM). A typical next software stage is the open source boot loader, U-boot. The preloader is allowed to load the next stage boot software from any device available to the HPS. Typical sources include the same flash device that contains the preloader, a different flash device, or a communication interface such as an EMAC.

Last edited: