[YUGA][Development] CM13 / CyanogenMod 13

Search This thread
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

NOTE:
THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD.
BUILDS ARE INTENDED FOR ADVANCED USERS, SO THEY CAN TEST AND GIVE FEEDBACK.
FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, THIS IS PLAIN CYANOGENMOD.

Also, there are sisters threads for working on pollux, odin and dogo.

Changes:

- Jan 30: Initial release
- Feb 5: kernel updates, audio HAL modernization
- Feb 9: WiFi updates
- Feb 13: volume rocker wakeup, sdcard hotplug, camera focus changes, cleanups
- Feb 16: new call fix
- Feb 27: F2FS support
- Mar 1: audio update
- Mar 3: smooth boot animation
- Mar 6: more audio updates
- Apr 3: first 12.1 build
- Apr 20: radio fixed
- Apr 22: Android 5.1.1
- Apr 27: tons of cpu and gpu governor updates/fixes, wifi updates
- May 1: gpu gov and wifi updates
- May 7: app2sd fixes, selinux updates, fixed power hal, oss thermal mgmt, wifi fixes
- May 10: plethora of core kernel and platform updates, init changes
- May 22: scheduler and platform updates, reworked kernel configuration
- July 1: lollipop blobs, init update, new sensor drivers, kernel updates
- July 7: fixed incall audio
- July 8: fixed black screen on boot, fix booting into recovery by toggling volume keys
- July 9: fixed wlan&bt mac config
- July 11: fixed off charging mode
- July 20: fixed gps problems under certain circumstances
- July 21: lp kernel updates, als adjustments
- July 22: led color configuration from ui
- July 30: gps problems fixed again (duh), leds in off charging mode
- Aug 3: row io scheduler, open source gps hal, sepolicy update
- Aug 6: fix sd card access, fix thermal throttle clearance, update power profile
- Sep 10: (ahead of nightlies) bfq and fiops io schedulers (bfq as default), sony 5.1.1 blobs
- Sep 16: (ahead of nightlies) data, sound fixes

- Mar 30: initial CM13 release
- Apr 6: latest cm fixes, kernel updates
- May 2: init updates, improved mac address handling, new camera, kernel lz4 compression, updated audio and gpu, new browser
- May 9: mac addr fixes, bluetooth fixes, camera wrapper improvements
- May 25: f2fs fix, kernel 3.4.112, init update, ipv6 fix
- Jul 5: loads of kernel changes, audio hal, and probably plenty of stuff i forgot
- Jul 7: underp previous build
- Aug 1: bluetooth and audio updates
- Aug 23: offline charger & kernel & f2fs updates

All builds are synchronized with the latest CM tree. For the specific updates to fusion3 and yuga, see the source link below!

Download:
For the brave CM13 DEVELOPMENT BUILD:
cm-13.0-20160823-UNOFFICIAL-yuga.zip
Dirty-flashing on existing 12.1 upgrades normally to CM 13. Beware you will need compatible GApps though!

CM-12.1 nightlies are available:
Official download site
This thread will however remain the prime location for testing new stuff and support on yuga.

Installation:
If you have anything other than CyanogenMod on your device, do a full wipe, and get compatible gapps!
F2FS support: take a look here

Testing:
Some very important "rules" for this:
- Run unmodified versions (no FOTA recovery, no modified kernel, no Xposed framework, etc.)
- Please dont post "X isnt working" or "random reboots" - provide LOGS for each report you post here. This thread is actually meant for users who are capable of gathering and providing logs, so after a reboot, provide last_kmsg, and for all other problems, dmesg and logcat at the very least.
- If you can reproduce your problem, you might want to increase the logging level before posting it here, which will increase chances of me finding the problem.

I will have to ignore all other "problem reports" as they are essentially useless.

@andyvdsteen - testing, lending me his phone

Source:
If you are willing (and able) to help, check out the patch sets, test them for the respective projects (fusion3 is also pollux, odin, and so on).
http://review.cyanogenmod.org

Last edited:

iKillCypher

Jul 28, 2012
qsnc

I will test most of your updates for now I need you set selinux to enforcing. yes push blobs 10.5.1.A.0.292 Blobs since you have updated the kernel code based on sony.

after that we can hudson yuga to nightly :) same for odin :)
@qsnc

there are random reboot happening for yuga, possible due to the kernel changes you did, It seems to be affecting after 28 builds

also you seems to have set the selinux to enforcing there are some permission and denial you need to look at it seems to have messed up the base band etc

Last edited:

MafiaManV

Jun 22, 2012
Zadar
Started using this as a daily . Really nice job dev. Chrome beta sometimes crashed but it's not bothering me that much..
Is a solution to a working BT audio close :) ?

Hexchain

Oct 8, 2010
Mobile signal & data works, but not after enabling SELinux. Currently waiting for build with new policy update.
UPDATE: codereview 87608 and 87609 fixes mobile signal and data, but no "3G" or "H+" on top right corner. There is network activity indicators, though.

Cannot hear or speak in call, even after applying http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/86943/ .

Last edited:
Mobile signal & data works, but not after enabling SELinux. Currently waiting for build with new policy update.
UPDATE: codereview 87608 and 87609 fixes mobile signal and data, but no "3G" or "H+" on top right corner. There is network activity indicators, though.

Cannot hear or speak in call, even after applying http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/86943/ .

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/86943/ also needs changes in the hal: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/86942/, that should help with in-call audio... policy update is on the way.

Hexchain

Oct 8, 2010
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/86943/ also needs changes in the hal: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/86942/, that should help with in-call audio... policy update is on the way.

Do I need to switch hardware/qcom/audio/default to cm-12.0-caf-8960 branch before cherry-picking this change?

EDIT: nvm, found the correct path. Building.

EDIT2: 86942 and 86943 fixed calling issue!

EDIT3: userinit does not function due to selinux.

from /data/misc/audit/audit.log:
Code:
type=2000 msg=audit(1.010:1): initialized
type=1403 msg=audit(1422959102.743:2): policy loaded auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295
type=1404 msg=audit(1422959102.763:3): enforcing=1 old_enforcing=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295
type=1400 msg=audit(1422959111.141:4): avc: denied { execute } for pid=273 comm="logwrapper" name="busybox" dev="rootfs" ino=4489 scontext=u:r:sysinit:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:rootfs:s0 tclass=file op
_res=-13 ppid=272 pcomm="logwrapper" tgid=272 tgcomm="logwrapper"
type=1400 msg=audit(1422959111.141:5): avc: denied { read } for pid=273 comm="busybox" name="userinit.d" dev="mmcblk0p26" ino=718083 scontext=u:r:sysinit:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_data_file:s0 t
class=dir op_res=-13 ppid=272 pcomm="logwrapper" tgid=272 tgcomm="logwrapper"
type=1400 msg=audit(1422959111.151:6): avc: denied { write } for pid=275 comm="setprop" name="property_service" dev="tmpfs" ino=5902 scontext=u:r:sysinit:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:property_socket:s0 tc
lass=sock_file op_res=-13 ppid=271 pcomm="90userinit" tgid=271 tgcomm="90userinit"

Last edited:
Do I need to switch hardware/qcom/audio/default to cm-12.0-caf-8960 branch before cherry-picking this change?

EDIT: nvm, found the correct path. Building.

EDIT2: 86942 and 86943 fixed calling issue!

EDIT3: userinit does not function due to selinux.

from /data/misc/audit/audit.log:
Code:
type=2000 msg=audit(1.010:1): initialized
type=1403 msg=audit(1422959102.743:2): policy loaded auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295
type=1404 msg=audit(1422959102.763:3): enforcing=1 old_enforcing=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295
type=1400 msg=audit(1422959111.141:4): avc: denied { execute } for pid=273 comm="logwrapper" name="busybox" dev="rootfs" ino=4489 scontext=u:r:sysinit:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:rootfs:s0 tclass=file op
_res=-13 ppid=272 pcomm="logwrapper" tgid=272 tgcomm="logwrapper"
type=1400 msg=audit(1422959111.141:5): avc: denied { read } for pid=273 comm="busybox" name="userinit.d" dev="mmcblk0p26" ino=718083 scontext=u:r:sysinit:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:system_data_file:s0 t
class=dir op_res=-13 ppid=272 pcomm="logwrapper" tgid=272 tgcomm="logwrapper"
type=1400 msg=audit(1422959111.151:6): avc: denied { write } for pid=275 comm="setprop" name="property_service" dev="tmpfs" ino=5902 scontext=u:r:sysinit:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:property_socket:s0 tc
lass=sock_file op_res=-13 ppid=271 pcomm="90userinit" tgid=271 tgcomm="90userinit"

make sure you pulled in all the latest updates, especially http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/87609/
should you still have trouble booting, please post it, and ill update the sepolicy.

Reactions: Hexchain

Hexchain

Oct 8, 2010
make sure you pulled in all the latest updates, especially http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/87609/
should you still have trouble booting, please post it, and ill update the sepolicy.

No problem with 87609, because before this I have completely no radio. Phone boots, only custom init scripts (in /data/local/userinit.d, called by /system/etc/init.d/90userinit) isn't invoked at all due to SELinux denials.
Here is the script content if relevant (something like MarketEnabler to enable Google Play Service Location Reporting): https://gist.github.com/hexchain/f4c8a3583abe0214922a

Some other minor problem:
Carrier name does not show on lockscreen left up corner (see attachment), and sometimes there is "No service. - <actual carrier name>".

No problem with 87609, because before this I have completely no radio. Phone boots, only custom init scripts (in /data/local/userinit.d, called by /system/etc/init.d/90userinit) isn't invoked at all due to SELinux denials.
Here is the script content if relevant (something like MarketEnabler to enable Google Play Service Location Reporting): https://gist.github.com/hexchain/f4c8a3583abe0214922a

Some other minor problem:
Carrier name does not show on lockscreen left up corner (see attachment), and sometimes there is "No service. - <actual carrier name>".

you have something funky in your init scripts... because in the "stock" cm12 init scripts, i removed all calls to logwrapper... are you using old scripts or have you modified them in some way?
the userscript does seem to get invoked, as you can see by the setprop denial it "only" is denied access to set a property... you can find out which exactly by searching for the inode on your phone... anyway i am not aware why a "fake carrier id" script should be required? then again, i dont even have a yuga...

Reactions: Hexchain

Hexchain

Oct 8, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for maintaining CM for yuga!

you have something funky in your init scripts... because in the "stock" cm12 init scripts, i removed all calls to logwrapper... are you using old scripts or have you modified them in some way?
There are still calls to logwrapper: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...2.0/prebuilt/common/etc/init.d/90userinit#L13

the userscript does seem to get invoked, as you can see by the setprop denial it "only" is denied access to set a property... you can find out which exactly by searching for the inode on your phone...
The setprop denial is for line 14, relevant file is /dev/socket/property_service. If it really was in my script, there should be 4 denials instead of 1.

anyway i am not aware why a "fake carrier id" script should be required? then again, i dont even have a yuga...
As I've said, Location Reporting is disabled by Google in my region (by detecting carrier MCCMNC) so I need this to make it available.

Again, thank you for maintaining CM for yuga!

hutilicious

Jul 8, 2013
GER
Can any CM12 users confirm WiFi disconnecting during deep sleep? I need to know if it's my derp or not :p

it does. but Im kinda used to it, as I got the same problem in CM 11. But this time it seems to happen more frequently. Cant find the option "Wifi Optimization" anymore in CM 12. Disabling it in CM 11 fixed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

NOTE:
    THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD.
    BUILDS ARE INTENDED FOR ADVANCED USERS, SO THEY CAN TEST AND GIVE FEEDBACK.
    FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, THIS IS PLAIN CYANOGENMOD.

Also, there are sisters threads for working on pollux, odin and dogo.

Changes:

- Jan 30: Initial release
    - Feb 5: kernel updates, audio HAL modernization
    - Feb 9: WiFi updates
    - Feb 13: volume rocker wakeup, sdcard hotplug, camera focus changes, cleanups
    - Feb 16: new call fix
    - Feb 27: F2FS support
    - Mar 1: audio update
    - Mar 3: smooth boot animation
    - Mar 6: more audio updates
    - Apr 3: first 12.1 build
    - Apr 20: radio fixed
    - Apr 22: Android 5.1.1
    - Apr 27: tons of cpu and gpu governor updates/fixes, wifi updates
    - May 1: gpu gov and wifi updates
    - May 7: app2sd fixes, selinux updates, fixed power hal, oss thermal mgmt, wifi fixes
    - May 10: plethora of core kernel and platform updates, init changes
    - May 22: scheduler and platform updates, reworked kernel configuration
    - July 1: lollipop blobs, init update, new sensor drivers, kernel updates
    - July 7: fixed incall audio
    - July 8: fixed black screen on boot, fix booting into recovery by toggling volume keys
    - July 9: fixed wlan&bt mac config
    - July 11: fixed off charging mode
    - July 20: fixed gps problems under certain circumstances
    - July 21: lp kernel updates, als adjustments
    - July 22: led color configuration from ui
    - July 30: gps problems fixed again (duh), leds in off charging mode
    - Aug 3: row io scheduler, open source gps hal, sepolicy update
    - Aug 6: fix sd card access, fix thermal throttle clearance, update power profile
    - Sep 10: (ahead of nightlies) bfq and fiops io schedulers (bfq as default), sony 5.1.1 blobs
    - Sep 16: (ahead of nightlies) data, sound fixes

- Mar 30: initial CM13 release
    - Apr 6: latest cm fixes, kernel updates
    - May 2: init updates, improved mac address handling, new camera, kernel lz4 compression, updated audio and gpu, new browser
    - May 9: mac addr fixes, bluetooth fixes, camera wrapper improvements
    - May 25: f2fs fix, kernel 3.4.112, init update, ipv6 fix
    - Jul 5: loads of kernel changes, audio hal, and probably plenty of stuff i forgot
    - Jul 7: underp previous build
    - Aug 1: bluetooth and audio updates
    - Aug 23: offline charger & kernel & f2fs updates

All builds are synchronized with the latest CM tree. For the specific updates to fusion3 and yuga, see the source link below!

Download:
    For the brave CM13 DEVELOPMENT BUILD:
    cm-13.0-20160823-UNOFFICIAL-yuga.zip
    Dirty-flashing on existing 12.1 upgrades normally to CM 13. Beware you will need compatible GApps though!

CM-12.1 nightlies are available:
    Official download site
    This thread will however remain the prime location for testing new stuff and support on yuga.

Installation:
    If you have anything other than CyanogenMod on your device, do a full wipe, and get compatible gapps!
    F2FS support: take a look here

Testing:
    Some very important "rules" for this:
    - Run unmodified versions (no FOTA recovery, no modified kernel, no Xposed framework, etc.)
    - Please dont post "X isnt working" or "random reboots" - provide LOGS for each report you post here. This thread is actually meant for users who are capable of gathering and providing logs, so after a reboot, provide last_kmsg, and for all other problems, dmesg and logcat at the very least.
    - If you can reproduce your problem, you might want to increase the logging level before posting it here, which will increase chances of me finding the problem.

I will have to ignore all other "problem reports" as they are essentially useless.

@andyvdsteen - testing, lending me his phone

Source:
    If you are willing (and able) to help, check out the patch sets, test them for the respective projects (fusion3 is also pollux, odin, and so on).
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org
    guys, i know there has been some confusion about marshmallow. you can stop messaging me about it ;)
    the thing is: i've got marshmallow to work on the xperia z months ago. however, we are having trouble with the camera due to the unique way the camera blobs deal with their data. that is also why i have not posted a build here - the CyanogenMod team expects some sort of standards, and i intend to follow them.
    i do not condone others posting builds here, just to satisfy their need for recognition. cyanogenmod has always been and will always be a team effort. you will see a semi-official build for these devices in this thread as soon as all the major hardware is working, and then the usual testing to get nightlies process.
    well people, it has been a long journey, and today after some time of using this device as a daily driver i decided it is time for a new milestone: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/106289/

the download link has been removed from this thread, and nightlies will be available from the next run of the cyanogen build server. this thread remains active and a conduit for you people to report problems and communicate with each other and me... i hope you enjoy!
    please guys, dont message/mail me about marshmallow. yes, i am working on it (so is pretty much everyone else at cm), but it is early days... patience, young padawans :)
    in case you were wondering whats going on: http://www.vware.at/marshmallow-is-alive/
    my main target is pollux for now during the bringup phase, then we will see about the phones z, zl, zr ;)