Search This thread

rakave

Sep 12, 2014
Thanks to Nakum for the assistance. (Nakum can be found at drnakum on Yuforums or at dr.nakum on XDA) and to Mr.Anish for telling us that the latest TWRP recovery works.

Ok guys, so Nakum succesfully managed to root the device and I was able to do so as well. The Procedure is similar to Yureka, except you use the latest TWRP version and the latest chainfire SU binary 2.46.

This method can be done using a Hot boot or by flashing. If you want to retain the original recovery, do it by hotboot. If you want a vustom recovery, then flash it.

Here is a noob friendly guide.

1) Enable Developer Option (Go to Settings-> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times)
2) Go to Developer Option and disable Update Recovery
3) Enable Android Debugging
4) Install the 15-Second ADB driver file (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979)
5) Download adb+fastboot zip (https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934556622)
6) Download Su binaries (https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU)
7) Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip to an SD card
8) Download TWRP (https://s.basketbuild.com/uploads/devs/vishal_android_freak/yu/yureka/TWRP_V2.8.7.0_YUREKA.img)
8) Connect Phone to PC and navigate to the folder where you have abd+fastboot
9) Shift+right click -> Open command prompt
Type : adb devices
If your device is connected you will get it in connected devices

Type : adb reboot-bootloader
Your phone will restart into bootloader.

Type : fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem device-info
If your bootloader is unlocked, it will say "True", else it will say "false". If it is False, then do the next step

Type : fastboot -i 0x1ebf oem unlock
WARNING : All your userdata will be GONE! Now you can root your phone in two ways

Method 1 : If you want to retain the Original Recovery - Hot boot

Type : fastboot -i 0x1ebf boot TWRP_V2.8.7.0_YUREKA.img

This will launch TWRP on your device. Navigate to where you saved the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file. Flash it, wipe Cache, Reboot and you are rooted!

Method 2: If you want to flash Custom Recovery - Flash

Type : fastboot -i 0x1ebf flash recovery TWRP_V2.8.7.0_YUREKA.img

Your Cyanogen recovery will be replaced with TWRP. Then, unplug your device, hold volume up+down+power to boot into recovery, navigate to where you saved the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file. Flash it, wipe Cache, Reboot and you are rooted!

Hit thanks/like if this helped
Hope this helps! If you guys need any clarification, feel free to ping me!! Have fun!

EDIT : For those stuck in a bootloop! After flashing TWRP, go to Wipe and hit Format Data...then reboot to recovery (everything will be mounted by now) and flash the chainfire SU binaries. Reboot and everything should work fine. The phone may be stuck in the "Cyanogen" screen for a goot 5-10 mins before the apps start loading...so stay patient.

Last edited:

seriousia

Jan 31, 2011
why i cant make nanddroid backup ??
/data cant be mount :/

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

my phone now stuck in boot loop :/
what to do :(

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

guys recovery is not opening n i cant boot the phone in fastboot or in bootloader
plzzzz help

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

when do factory images will be released guys ?
i guess thats the only way to boot my device now :'(

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

can anyone can pull the original cwm recovery from the yureka plus n upload ?

rakave

Sep 12, 2014
Wow wow champ...chill. Tell is what you did exactly and I will tell you how to recover your phone.

Reactions: jnx_r

rakave

Sep 12, 2014
Btw this is for the others....just to show that rooting works.

Attachments

• 1439000916992.jpg
    1439000916992.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,801
Reactions: jnx_r

jnx_r

Nov 18, 2014
This method works. But I got some bug with the TWRP installation in one of the phones. It wasn't able to reboot the phone or switch it off via recovery. So I think I'll probably try reinstalling the recovery. On the second device, this method worked flawlessly. A third one will be arriving later, by next week. I'll probably try installing CWM next time. If possible, make a video, or give more info in the steps to help people figure out if they performed the steps correctly or not, because the phone has been recently launched, and there's not a lot of information about it on the internet. Anyways, many thanks for the guide! CHEERS!

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

Also, If you could add some information on how to reset the phone to its stock settings, and stock recovery, that would be great. I wasn't able to fix the TWRP problem by reinstalling it. So I would like to go through all the steps from the start again.

jnx_r

Nov 18, 2014
And I managed to soft brick my device, when I tried CWM on it. Is there a way I can enter download mode manually I mean by button combinations?

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

I fixed it, but the recovery is still not working like it should. It did work on the other device though. I don't know what the issue is. Need to figure out a way to go back to stock recovery.

seriousia

Jan 31, 2011
Wow wow champ...chill. Tell is what you did exactly and I will tell you how to recover your phone.

I'm skipping the adb part.

- First rebooted the phone In bootloader via adb
- Then unlocked the boot loader

(i noticed in bootloader device
Tampered was true even though i just got my device and box was sealed may be this could be the reason of brick?)

- Then flashed(not booted) twrp from above link.

- Then rebooted in to recovery

- Tried to take back up but it didnt work (mounting /data failed)

- Then used pen drive via otg to flash superuser ( it flashed but only on /system, /data was again failed to mount)

- Then restarted

- but after yu logo phone restart it self in to twrp then format /cache then restart again
Then this goes forever

IMG_20150808_162255.jpg

:(

Can u help to boot my phone again
Only
Yesterday i got it n now its soft bricked

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

sree39

Nov 8, 2012
Found the solution...!!!!!!!!!1

Hey guys.... I also tried rotting my Yureka plus and after following everything, I get stuck on the bootloop... after wasting 3 hours on net, I tried some steps myself and it fixed the issue.

Let me tell you the steps which I did:

Switched off my Yureka.. took the memory card out....
rebooted to TWRP recovery, I went to "wipe" > "format data"..
Data was successfully foramtted.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!

Now, you will be able to mount data and flash SuperSU without any issues...
It can take 4 to 5 minutes for the phone to start up (on the "Cyonogen" logo").

If you are experiencing issues, you can email me at asksree24by @ gmail.com :)

rakave

Sep 12, 2014
If you are stuck in a bootloop, just format data and everything will work. Let it load for a while. Dont worry...it stays in the cyanogen logo for a good 5-10 mins easily.

kirkirehani93

Nov 13, 2012
Mumbai
Viola!!!!! I must try to root my device now...! Was waiting for confirmation on this guide...!!!

Sent from my YU5510 using Tapatalk

badmama

Apr 10, 2011
what type of data will get wiped? and Will I not be able to get OTA 5.1 after rooting

Guys,
Please tell whether my installed apps and organized Screens like grouping app shortcuts in folders will also get deleted or gets reset? Will all installed apps go away? or Do I need to re-login after unlocking bootloader?
If possible, Please elaborate that what kind of User-Data will get wiped?
and Will I not be able to get OTA 5.1 version update after rooting?

ASHRAF10

Aug 12, 2015
last step remaining help me......

Sir, i have unlocked bootloader it shows true in tampered and unloacked.. but shows false in "charger screen enabled"..
and i am not able load TWRP img file in any of the method given below..
HELP ME

thewhitehathacker500

Aug 2, 2015
Mysore
need assistance

Thanks to Nakum for the assistance. (Nakum can be found at drnakum on Yuforums or at dr.nakum on XDA) and to Mr.Anish for telling us that the latest TWRP recovery works.

Ok guys, so Nakum succesfully managed to root the device and I was able to do so as well. The Procedure is similar to Yureka, except you use the latest TWRP version and the latest chainfire SU binary 2.46.

This method can be done using a Hot boot or by flashing. If you want to retain the original recovery, do it by hotboot. If you want a vustom recovery, then flash it.

1) Enable Developer Option (Go to Settings-> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times)
4) Install the 15-Second ADB driver file (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979)
5) Download adb+fastboot zip (https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934556622)
8) Download TWRP (https://s.basketbuild.com/uploads/devs/vishal_android_freak/yu/yureka/TWRP_V2.8.7.0_YUREKA.img)

If your bootloader is unlocked, it will say "True", else it will say "false". If it is False, then do the next step

WARNING : All your userdata will be GONE! Now you can root your phone in two ways

This will launch TWRP on your device. Navigate to where you saved the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file. Flash it, wipe Cache, Reboot and you are rooted!

Your Cyanogen recovery will be replaced with TWRP. Then, unplug your device, hold volume up+down+power to boot into recovery, navigate to where you saved the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file. Flash it, wipe Cache, Reboot and you are rooted!

Hope this helps! If you guys need any clarification, feel free to ping me!! Have fun!

EDIT : For those stuck in a bootloop! After flashing TWRP, go to Wipe and hit Format Data...then reboot to recovery (everything will be mounted by now) and flash the chainfire SU binaries. Reboot and everything should work fine. The phone may be stuck in the "Cyanogen" screen for a goot 5-10 mins before the apps start loading...so stay patient.
Hi... Can I install ROMs available for yureka

abhishekkulkarni

Apr 17, 2014
Pune
Hey guys, when I tried downloading asphalt 8 on this device, it showed that this app isnt available in your region but my region on the google acc is set right. I also tried clearing the app data for playstore and re-installing play services but it doesnt seem to work. Can anybody please help me?

udayaggarwal1980

Nov 30, 2013
I'm skipping the adb part.

- First rebooted the phone In bootloader via adb
- Then unlocked the boot loader

(i noticed in bootloader device
Tampered was true even though i just got my device and box was sealed may be this could be the reason of brick?)

- Then flashed(not booted) twrp from above link.

- Then rebooted in to recovery

- Tried to take back up but it didnt work (mounting /data failed)

- Then used pen drive via otg to flash superuser ( it flashed but only on /system, /data was again failed to mount)

- Then restarted

- but after yu logo phone restart it self in to twrp then format /cache then restart again
Then this goes forever

IMG_20150808_162255.jpg

:(

Can u help to boot my phone again
Only
Yesterday i got it n now its soft bricked

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Okay the same thing happened with me yesterday with my friend's yuphoria but i managed to get it to work after 2 hours of hit and trial methods, first of all you will need to install the stock recovery(debuggable) for the phone and then do a factory data reset and then flash the twrp recovery again and then wipe data, cache, dalvik and everything in the advanced wipe section. this will erase everything on the device, even the rom(at least in my case it said 'no OS installed'). Since there in no custom rom available for the device currently, you will have to download the stock rom (fastboot version) and have to flash everything using fastboot.

Good luck

seriousia

Jan 31, 2011
Okay the same thing happened with me yesterday with my friend's yuphoria but i managed to get it to work after 2 hours of hit and trial methods, first of all you will need to install the stock recovery(debuggable) for the phone and then do a factory data reset and then flash the twrp recovery again and then wipe data, cache, dalvik and everything in the advanced wipe section. this will erase everything on the device, even the rom(at least in my case it said 'no OS installed'). Since there in no custom rom available for the device currently, you will have to download the stock rom (fastboot version) and have to flash everything using fastboot.

Good luck

Ty bro but its already solved :)
Device was getting stuck because /data partition was not mounting
But after formating /data partition ohone booted perfectly

Sent from my YU5510 using xda premium

udayaggarwal1980

Nov 30, 2013
Very o

Ty bro but its already solved :)
Device was getting stuck because /data partition was not mounting
But after formating /data partition ohone booted perfectly

Okay!!! so are you happy with the phone now?? is it a good buy after root?? do you have any complaints now about battery and heating.. I actually purchased the device and returned it becoz of the poor battery performance and lag in transitions. so how is it now??

Zak101

Mar 17, 2015
I'm stuck over here as well mate, what am I supposed to do next? Please Help :crying:

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

If you are stuck in a bootloop, just format data and everything will work. Let it load for a while. Dont worry...it stays in the cyanogen logo for a good 5-10 mins easily.

How can I do that bro? my phone keeps restarting again and again, it restarts right back into TWRP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Found the solution...!!!!!!!!!1

Hey guys.... I also tried rotting my Yureka plus and after following everything, I get stuck on the bootloop... after wasting 3 hours on net, I tried some steps myself and it fixed the issue.

Let me tell you the steps which I did:

Switched off my Yureka.. took the memory card out....
    rebooted to TWRP recovery, I went to "wipe" > "format data"..
    Data was successfully foramtted.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!

Now, you will be able to mount data and flash SuperSU without any issues...
    It can take 4 to 5 minutes for the phone to start up (on the "Cyonogen" logo").

If you are experiencing issues, you can email me at asksree24by @ gmail.com :)
    I can't thank you enough for this mate! It worked! Would we be able to install updates by using TWRP? or would we have to flash the stock recovery once again? if that's the case, are you guys aware of any download links where I could install the Stock Recovery Image from?

U cant flash official updates with twrp as far as i know.

Stock recovery
    http://forums.yuplaygod.com/threads/stock-recovery-of-yureka-plus.20222/

Btw this is for the others....just to show that rooting works.