Yureka plus

Search This thread

rakave

Sep 12, 2014
Dear XDA Folks, I jsut managed to get my hands on the new Yureka plus and so far it has been great (from 10 hours of continuous usage). SInce the difference between the Yureka and the Yureka plus are teh Full HD screen and the differenent Camera sensor, I was wondering if the same rooting method for Yureka would work for Yureka plus as well. I dont see any reason why the same procedure should not work considering that the hardware is exactly the same and so is the ROM. Would be great if you folks could shed light on this..:D

sumchamp

Dec 25, 2010
Mumbai
How about kingroot or framaroot?...so they work?...and if you managed to unlock bootloader, then you should be able to flash a custom recovery...atleast technically....

I managed to unlock bootloader. While flashing custom recovery, message is OK but cyanogen recovery recovery is still there.

Settings used - Update CM recovery -> Off and USB Debugging -> Enabled.

Reactions: rakave

rakesh.aggarwal

May 3, 2014
Faridabad
Xiaomi Mi 11i
I tried kingoroot. No success. I havent tried framaroot yet.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Lol framaroot is not working as well.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Tried to flash the modified supersu zips from recovery no success

gohel.vishal

Sep 7, 2013
Rajkot
I tried kingoroot. No success. I havent tried framaroot yet.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Lol framaroot is not working as well.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Tried to flash the modified supersu zips from recovery no success

Yu can try my toolbox for yureka lollipop...... Find on xda

rakave

Sep 12, 2014
So far none of the rooting methods seem to work...but as far as performance is concerned, I am happy with the phone...works flawlessly

udayaggarwal1980

Nov 30, 2013
Lagging!!!!!!!!!

So far none of the rooting methods seem to work...but as far as performance is concerned, I am happy with the phone...works flawlessly

Sir, i got this phone yesterday, but it does not seem to work well for me, there are many visible lags in the transitions and it does heat up quick even without doing heavy tasks.. i am actually thinking of returning the phone..

How is your unit doinG??

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

This phone hangs like a hell.
I am returning this Crap to Amazon.

Battery backup is very bad.

I was also thinking the same think...but initially i thought the problem is specific to my unit as no one other faced heating issues like i i did...

Varung123

Jul 29, 2015

same here. I haven't been able to root the phone up till now, but, am satisfied with the unit. Overall performance is fine. although the speaker volume does seem to be on the lower side. but, no heating or lagging issues as of now.

anonymou$

Feb 1, 2014
Sir, i got this phone yesterday, but it does not seem to work well for me, there are many visible lags in the transitions and it does heat up quick even without doing heavy tasks.. i am actually thinking of returning the phone..

How is your unit doinG??

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I was also thinking the same think...but initially i thought the problem is specific to my unit as no one other faced heating issues like i i did...
The heating problem is kind of given...most of phones using snapdragon 615 heat-up, if you don't want it to heat you could probably go for mediatek devices at almost same price.
As for the lagging problem I guess you are consuming too much of your ram. Try clearing it from time to time and try to minimize the background apps

Sent from my YU5510 using Tapatalk

rakave

Sep 12, 2014
615-s are known for heating..so I am not surprised... But I dont see any signs of throttling so that's good. The phone is still fast. If you want to reduce ram usage, go with greenify and also disable unwanted apps...greenify and clean master without root is not that effective...but still does the job... I wish I can root it so that I can use Amplify to clear a few wakelocks. That should help solve any battery issues. The device itself is brilliant...you need to do a few tweaks and it should be good. Can't wait to root it...then prolly flash another ROM...change to beast or xcelerate kernel...maaayybe reduce clock speed just a little for the heating issues....volume is a little low..but we should be able to modify mixer path to increase it. All we need is root :(

udayaggarwal1980

Nov 30, 2013
615-s are known for heating..so I am not surprised... But I dont see any signs of throttling so that's good. The phone is still fast. If you want to reduce ram usage, go with greenify and also disable unwanted apps...greenify and clean master without root is not that effective...but still does the job... I wish I can root it so that I can use Amplify to clear a few wakelocks. That should help solve any battery issues. The device itself is brilliant...you need to do a few tweaks and it should be good. Can't wait to root it...then prolly flash another ROM...change to beast or xcelerate kernel...maaayybe reduce clock speed just a little for the heating issues....volume is a little low..but we should be able to modify mixer path to increase it. All we need is root :(

that's exactly what i was wondering..just eagerly waiting for the rooting method. underclocking has proved to be effective to lessen the overheating issues as we observed on Mi phones. but if even underclocking itself could not solve the overheating issue..what then??:crying::crying::crying::crying:?

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

that's exactly what i was wondering..just eagerly waiting for the rooting method. underclocking has proved to be effective to lessen the overheating issues as we observed on Mi phones. but if even underclocking itself could not solve the overheating issue..what then??:crying::crying::crying::crying:?

Does xcelerate kernel decreases the charging time as well cause the phone charges damn slow..:rolleyes:

rakesh.aggarwal

May 3, 2014
Faridabad
Xiaomi Mi 11i

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Does xcelerate kernel decreases the charging time as well cause the phone charges damn slow..:rolleyes:

Heating... Are you kidding. This phone is as cool as Glacier. You must have not used Galaxy S4. I can literally make omelettes on my S4. This phone is innocently cool. I think I need to overclock the CPU to atleast 1.75 GHz.
I am waiting for root. Bloody root please grow up. :D :p :p :p :p :p

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Charging is slow because the charger is just 1500 mA and it has got a long cable so it is giving the output close to 900 mA to 1100 mA. Micromax needs to change the charger in this case. I tried to charge it with my S4 charger and it charged in less then half time.

Do not increase the volume as it will tear down the voice quality. :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How about kingroot or framaroot?...so they work?...and if you managed to unlock bootloader, then you should be able to flash a custom recovery...atleast technically....

I managed to unlock bootloader. While flashing custom recovery, message is OK but cyanogen recovery recovery is still there.

Settings used - Update CM recovery -> Off and USB Debugging -> Enabled.
    This phone hangs like a hell.
    I am returning this Crap to Amazon.

Battery backup is very bad.
    Ok guys, I just succesfully managed to root the Yureka Plus! Thanks to Nakum for doing the trial run and letting us know. I was able to successfully root my phone as well. So the procedure is similar to Yureka, except, use the latest version of TWRP and use Chainfire SU binaries..version 2.46. If you folks need a detailed post, let me know and I will post a step by step guide.