• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Z Flip 3 and True Phone application

Search This thread

Anghel Botta

Nov 15, 2021
Hello! I use Z Flip 3 and I'm very upset that I can't use the True Phone app, due to the fact that I can't see who is calling when the phone is foldable. Is there a solution to this problem?

Reactions: dallasnights

luigi90210

Jul 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
wow... XDA is such a heart warming place where people can ask questions
Do I have to be soft and sweet when telling him the truth here on xda? If telling someone the truth straight up is so mean and offensive to you than maybe you shouldn't be on the internet

The feature he wants(answering the phone using his preferred dialer app on the cover screen ) isn't supported on this device. Either use the app that supports the feature he wants or deal with the fact that he has to open his phone to answer the phone. Those are his options, unless you have another solution

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
I too was surprised by your tone - it seemed unnecesary to me, plus the fact you answered but didn't offer a solution. We don't need to be soft and sweet - just correct. If you spoke like that to a stranger in real life, it wouldn't end well...

Actually, zorantomas' post is the solution - so you dial out with True Phone, and incoming calls are handled via the Samsung phone app. That works, you can answer from the small display directly, and use the True Phone UI to make calls.

In short I doubt we will ever see 3rd part widgets for the small display since there will be security concerns about what is displayed without having to unlock the device, and it's a capability for - atm - a single product line.

Reactions: Snurrea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using true phone and have no problem. Just set in true phone settings the default incoming call screen from Samsung.
    Hello! I use Z Flip 3 and I'm very upset that I can't use the True Phone app, due to the fact that I can't see who is calling when the phone is foldable. Is there a solution to this problem?
    I too was surprised by your tone - it seemed unnecesary to me, plus the fact you answered but didn't offer a solution. We don't need to be soft and sweet - just correct. If you spoke like that to a stranger in real life, it wouldn't end well...

Actually, zorantomas' post is the solution - so you dial out with True Phone, and incoming calls are handled via the Samsung phone app. That works, you can answer from the small display directly, and use the True Phone UI to make calls.

In short I doubt we will ever see 3rd part widgets for the small display since there will be security concerns about what is displayed without having to unlock the device, and it's a capability for - atm - a single product line.