• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Z Fold 3 battery life discussion

Search This thread

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi to all F3 owners hope your enjoying your new toy?

Only query / disappointment for me so far is that battery life is nowhere near as good on Fold 3 as it was with Fold 2.

1.5 hours light usage today and I am down to 58% - mostly indoors and on WiFi

I expected the latest Snapdragon 888 to have as good of not better power management than last year's CPU.

What is other F3 owner's experience?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210823-133137_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
    Screenshot_20210823-133137_Digital Wellbeing.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 762

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Digital wellbeing is a battery eating feature itself. Turn it off and you will get more battery time.
Believe it or not to today has been very light usage compared with a typical day

I have same Apps and settings as i had with my Fold2 so don't know what's up

Hopefully after a few more days of battery usage learning things will settle down

Reactions: paranoid365

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210823-164224_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210823-164224_Device care.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 549

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
See Buds+ battery stat.
Only paired them with phone 2 hours ago to so recording 10 hours of background battery usage is quite an achievement

I reckon the battery usage stats are unreliable on my Fold3 ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210823-185219_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20210823-185219_Device care.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 394
Reactions: paranoid365
yah i definitly see what you mean
Hi to all F3 owners hope your enjoying your new toy?

Only query / disappointment for me so far is that battery life is nowhere near as good on Fold 3 as it was with Fold 2.

1.5 hours light usage today and I am down to 58% - mostly indoors and on WiFi

I expected the latest Snapdragon 888 to have as good of not better power management than last year's CPU.

What is other

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks for the feedback ! I'll try disabling my sim (esim) for a day to see if it makes a difference :)
Accubattery estimates 6hrs SOT time is, which I think is a out what I got from Fold2. My previous high battery drain does appear to have been network / radio related

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210825-202538_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210825-202538_AccuBattery.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 345

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After Nov update my avg battery life continues to increase. Now 9hrs SOT from 8.5hrs before

Well they could have put two batteries given the extra space, plus they always said they made optimisations so we would like to actually notice them.

But i agree we are difficult :D
    There are 2 batteries. It's still pretty awesome what they've put in this bad boy, though. One side has 4 cameras, 3 mics and a screen, the other has a camera 3 speakers (very good ones too) a mic and 2 screens.

I honestly think that this is the best overall phone made, if you want the really big screen. I also think it'll be the best until the Fold 4.

But yeah, we're difficult. I too want more, but I'm ok to wait 😁
    This happens with every release of every new phone. It always takes a few days for it to settle as it's downloading apps, settings, updates, etc. It's WAY too early to compare battery life. Give it a week.
    please, for god sake how did you do it. just tell me already
    Lol... Just disable or uninstall all unused apps, turn off Google Discover & Samsung Free (the swipe right on homescreen thing), disable Google (the app, not account syncing) and Google Assistant, turn off Bluetooth/NFC/GPS until you need it, use a black theme, turn off unnecessary notifications, error reporting, and feedback, use static wallpaper, stop app auto updates and auto refresh (weather, stocks, etc), turn off always-on-screen.
    I don't do this, but for even more battery use 96hz or 60hz and turn off vivid screen mode.
    WhatsApp has been running for 25 mins and eaten ~30%? You have something deeper going on there it looks like.
    If you have no 5G signal, why disable it?
    So your phone isn't constantly searching for one.
    Give it time to take a calibration and you to stop using your device not in the muscle memory you and the phone will develop.
    Then they'll push a firmware upgrade that destroys all that hard work you and your new fold put in getting to know one another.