Question Z Fold 3 battery life discussion

Search This thread

Cyber.Cat

May 24, 2020
adbappcontrol.com
Try the ADB AppControl app to debloat your Foldz.
It works great with all Samsung devices and very simple to use. No root needed.
scr1.jpg

kennkennykenken

Oct 29, 2021
How much does battery saving mode limit the phone? if I just use it with 60hz how much screen on time will i get with this new update?

Xeon

Nov 15, 2004
Beirut
it's worth mentioning that after the update I can no longer use power saving and 120Hz at the same time. Looks like Samsung patched the bug....

Oct 20, 2021
Something was definitely draining my phone yesterday, as I charged it to 40% in my car (we were without power for three days, just got it back an hour ago) before putting it on Airplane Mode with Location and NFC turned off, just Bluetooth on to play music on my speaker for two hours. This usually, with Wi-Fi and cell service and everything else on, uses 10% of the battery. My battery went down to 13% somehow! After later restarting the phone, the issue was fixed and today it has been draining normally even on 4G.

Last night, while sleeping, I put the phone into the most extreme Power Saving mode (the last box on the bottom of the options list) to make the battery last over one day long, and it really worked because it was about 97% when I went to bed and 93% when I woke up, and my e-mail notifications still sounded. Impressive.

Zerobim08

Oct 19, 2021
Something was definitely draining my phone yesterday, as I charged it to 40% in my car (we were without power for three days, just got it back an hour ago) before putting it on Airplane Mode with Location and NFC turned off, just Bluetooth on to play music on my speaker for two hours. This usually, with Wi-Fi and cell service and everything else on, uses 10% of the battery. My battery went down to 13% somehow! After later restarting the phone, the issue was fixed and today it has been draining normally even on 4G.

Last night, while sleeping, I put the phone into the most extreme Power Saving mode (the last box on the bottom of the options list) to make the battery last over one day long, and it really worked because it was about 97% when I went to bed and 93% when I woke up, and my e-mail notifications still sounded. Impressive.
My fold 3 drains about 1% per hr sleeping normal mode with watch connected. My note20 ultra does the same.

Oct 20, 2021
My fold 3 drains about 1% per hr sleeping normal mode with watch connected. My note20 ultra does the same.
This was over a ten-hour period on 4G, but I don't think it would only drain 1% per hour when not used (I use AOD and multiple PUSH e-mail acc'ts and often get Instagram and Messenger and sometimes text messages while asleep, plus Bluetooth and WiFi, among other things). I always charge it at night, so I don't know, but I don't change any settings for night usually. I'm always on it during the day, so I don't know what leaving it for an hour would be. But, the battery is great on this thing. Other than the other day when something was messing with it.

pieces of cake

Sure, battery life has got better, but it was from such a low initial base that it hardly matters.

Personally, I think this is part of a Samsung strategy to recoup income lost from the lower pricing this year.

Make us all buy Samsung power packs, kerching all the way to higher profits. I'm surprised that apple haven't latched onto this yet.
Nope

Zerobim08

Oct 19, 2021
My usage battery life has stabilized at this level. 4g/wifi, connected watch, secure folder, 120hz, no power saving. Using main big screen most of time for yt, web, online shopping, whatsapp vid call.

I consider this really good battery.

Previous average
Battery life is improving for me. Last week was avg 7h17m SOT.

Proday

Sep 19, 2010
Battery life (or sot) is ok for me. Usually 5.5 hours for a day of about 15 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211117-223504_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211117-223504_Device care.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20211118-212205_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-212205_Device care.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20211119-235709_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211119-235709_Device care.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20211120-160641_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211120-160641_Device care.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 43

Nastrahl

You're complaining about getting only 6 hours of SOT from the largest phone screen ever at 120Hz? And it fing folds too?

Some customers are difficult to please...
Well they could have put two batteries given the extra space, plus they always said they made optimisations so we would like to actually notice them.

But i agree we are difficult :D

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
Well they could have put two batteries given the extra space, plus they always said they made optimisations so we would like to actually notice them.

But i agree we are difficult :D
There are 2 batteries. It's still pretty awesome what they've put in this bad boy, though. One side has 4 cameras, 3 mics and a screen, the other has a camera 3 speakers (very good ones too) a mic and 2 screens.

I honestly think that this is the best overall phone made, if you want the really big screen. I also think it'll be the best until the Fold 4.

But yeah, we're difficult. I too want more, but I'm ok to wait 😁

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This happens with every release of every new phone. It always takes a few days for it to settle as it's downloading apps, settings, updates, etc. It's WAY too early to compare battery life. Give it a week.
    please, for god sake how did you do it. just tell me already
    Lol... Just disable or uninstall all unused apps, turn off Google Discover & Samsung Free (the swipe right on homescreen thing), disable Google (the app, not account syncing) and Google Assistant, turn off Bluetooth/NFC/GPS until you need it, use a black theme, turn off unnecessary notifications, error reporting, and feedback, use static wallpaper, stop app auto updates and auto refresh (weather, stocks, etc), turn off always-on-screen.
    I don't do this, but for even more battery use 96hz or 60hz and turn off vivid screen mode.
    WhatsApp has been running for 25 mins and eaten ~30%? You have something deeper going on there it looks like.
    Digital wellbeing is a battery eating feature itself. Turn it off and you will get more battery time.
    Give it time to take a calibration and you to stop using your device not in the muscle memory you and the phone will develop.
    Then they'll push a firmware upgrade that destroys all that hard work you and your new fold put in getting to know one another.