• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Z Fold 3 battery life discussion

Search This thread

Nsoo

Sep 18, 2014
Hello guys,

First of all, I hope everyone is well here :) I really need your assistance with most probably a battery drain issue I have with my device.. In case I'm in the wrong thread I want to apologize in advance and please prompt me to the correct one or to open a new thread.

My issue is called Google Play Services.. This is what I got last night: https://ibb.co/tc98RyK and almost most of my days end like this, especially when I'm not using WiFi so much.

I have already tried and done what I've researched over the net like:
Clear cache on Google Play Services, Google Play Store etc
Turn off 5G
Turn off location accuracy for Bluetooth and Wifi.
Restarted the device about 15 times :D

Also, I tried to install AccuBattery but I've uninstalled it as my device was vibrating every 5 seconds. It is really my next step Factory reset or do you have any other solution? Highly appreciated all the help.

Last edited:

killahhops

Dec 23, 2006
Hello guys,

First of all, I hope everyone is well here :) I really need your assistance with most probably a battery drain issue I have with my device.. In case I'm in the wrong thread I want to apologize in advance and please prompt me to the correct one or to open a new thread.

My issue is called Google Play Services.. This is what I got last night: https://ibb.co/tc98RyK and almost most of my days end like this, especially when I'm not using WiFi so much.

I have already tried and done what I've researched over the net like:
Clear cache on Google Play Services, Google Play Store etc
Turn off 5G
Turn off location accuracy for Bluetooth and Wifi.
Restarted the device about 15 times :D

Also, I tried to install AccuBattery but I've uninstalled it as my device was vibrating every 5 seconds. It is really my next step Factory reset or do you have any other solution? Highly appreciated all the help.
What I've done outside of the steps in the thread was:

Put majority of my apps to sleep and use tasker to turn on Power Save once the screen is off and then turn it off once I turn the screen(s) back on. That has dramatically improved my battery life.

Nsoo

Sep 18, 2014
What I've done outside of the steps in the thread was:

Put most of my apps to sleep and use tasker to turn on Power Save once the screen is off and then turn it off once I turn the screen(s) back on. That has dramatically improved my battery life.
Thanks a lot for your reply! It is highly appreciated. All these actions you did because you had the same issue with me with Google play services? Also, if I use power save with screen off, how is it performing in terms of notifications?

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
There are 2 batteries. It's still pretty awesome what they've put in this bad boy, though. One side has 4 cameras, 3 mics and a screen, the other has a camera 3 speakers (very good ones too) a mic and 2 screens.

I honestly think that this is the best overall phone made, if you want the really big screen. I also think it'll be the best until the Fold 4.

But yeah, we're difficult. I too want more, but I'm ok to wait 😁
This is without a doubt the best phone ever made in my opinion. I wish they could've added macro capabilities and better zoom to the cameras but I wouldn't give up that large screen for them. I get more use out if that than I ever do with a camera of any kind. I take like 5 pictures a month. For more camera.focised users, this may not work out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After Nov update my avg battery life continues to increase. Now 9hrs SOT from 8.5hrs before

I dont get more than 6hrs of SoT
    You're complaining about getting only 6 hours of SOT from the largest phone screen ever at 120Hz? And it fing folds too?

Some customers are difficult to please...
    Well they could have put two batteries given the extra space, plus they always said they made optimisations so we would like to actually notice them.

But i agree we are difficult :D
    There are 2 batteries. It's still pretty awesome what they've put in this bad boy, though. One side has 4 cameras, 3 mics and a screen, the other has a camera 3 speakers (very good ones too) a mic and 2 screens.

I honestly think that this is the best overall phone made, if you want the really big screen. I also think it'll be the best until the Fold 4.

But yeah, we're difficult. I too want more, but I'm ok to wait 😁
    This happens with every release of every new phone. It always takes a few days for it to settle as it's downloading apps, settings, updates, etc. It's WAY too early to compare battery life. Give it a week.
    please, for god sake how did you do it. just tell me already
    Lol... Just disable or uninstall all unused apps, turn off Google Discover & Samsung Free (the swipe right on homescreen thing), disable Google (the app, not account syncing) and Google Assistant, turn off Bluetooth/NFC/GPS until you need it, use a black theme, turn off unnecessary notifications, error reporting, and feedback, use static wallpaper, stop app auto updates and auto refresh (weather, stocks, etc), turn off always-on-screen.
    I don't do this, but for even more battery use 96hz or 60hz and turn off vivid screen mode.
    WhatsApp has been running for 25 mins and eaten ~30%? You have something deeper going on there it looks like.
    If you have no 5G signal, why disable it?
    So your phone isn't constantly searching for one.
    Give it time to take a calibration and you to stop using your device not in the muscle memory you and the phone will develop.
    Then they'll push a firmware upgrade that destroys all that hard work you and your new fold put in getting to know one another.