Question Z fold 3 factory screen replacement warranty contradicts itself

Search This thread

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hello,

I've just waiting on my new Z fold 3 and been reading into these screen protector issues and where we stand when or if they fail.
The startup screen says you can't remove the screen protector as it's part of the screen. Then you go on the Samsung support page and warranty for the phone, and it's says when your screen protector is damaged, the answer is you're able to replace it yourself, if you need any more support contact us ?
So why put the disclaimer on if they are now saying it can be removed and replaced by yourself ? Does this still cause warranty issues ?
Just after clarity before deciding whether to carry on with normal phone insurance or Samsung care +
Any help or experience would be appreciated

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Here's what it says

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220605-112330_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605-112330_Chrome.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 704
The stock screen protector can be removed from the main screen. I've done it myself and replaced it with a better one since I was getting hairline cracks. There's also postings on Samsung's forums stating that it does not void the warranty to remove the stock screen protector.

The problem that can arise from removing and replacing is damage to the actual display. So they're discouraging it. But in all actuality, you can easily remove it yourself. There's a lot of videos in walkthroughs online.

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
its not an issue replacing it, just seems like Samsung says one thing and means another. to be honest, I love this phone more than my s22 ultra, so I've bought Samsung care + so between that and the warranty I should be able to use it care free and just enjoy it, because its an amazing bit of technology, and reminds me of the of the first time I saw the original galaxy note ( and bought it)

flakmunky

Jan 17, 2009
Mine started lifting up on the fold and Samsung sent a home repair van round. He said it would need a complete new inner screen as you can't remove the protector without the screen cracking. Now I know some here have removed the inner screen protector but I didn't bother pointing this out as I also had an issue with it not folding flat anymore...

boomdox

Feb 8, 2015
Staffordshire
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Mine started lifting up on the fold and Samsung sent a home repair van round. He said it would need a complete new inner screen as you can't remove the protector without the screen cracking. Now I know some here have removed the inner screen protector but I didn't bother pointing this out as I also had an issue with it not folding flat anymore...
So was that done under warranty then or care +

Well_Done

Dec 2, 2020
I just booked repair to my inner screen protector and that's the information I got. I have care+ and if they charge me for screen protector replacement I will never buy samsung phone again.

Sure, no worries we don't cancel your inspection and repair on your Z Fold 3. It's okay if the symptoms input here is about the broken screen. Just in case that our engineer will include it, to your Samsung care+. It depends on their inspection on your device. Once we have the device and done with the inspection, our engineer wil send you an email regarding the full information. Upon checking here the replacement may not be covered by the warranty and additional costs for replacement will be charged if the screen protector has been damaged.