[Z01R] SailfishOS

Search This thread

Mister_Magister

Jun 3, 2013
fKthGMN.png

SailfishOS for ASUS Zenfone 5Z by VerdandiTeam

Warning: Flashing this may void your device’s warranty, lead
to data loss, hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage, and therefore
must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated with this project is responsible for your
actions but yourself.

THIS IS NOT ANDROID NOR THERE IS ANY ANDROID APP SUPPORT. GO USE GNU OR SOMETHING

Not working:
  • Camera recording (in progress but i wanted to share the sfos with yall already)
  • Use advanced camera from openrepos if you want wide angle (jolla didn't get to add it to stock camera yet)
  • calls are untested altho should work
  • GPS is untested (probably works too)

INSTALL:
Strap in for a ride, if at any step you don't know what you are doing, you better give up and stay on android. If i'm doing something incorrectly then tell me but i've been fighting over 3 days just to get lineage and twrp working… but maybe i'm just stoopid

If you can install provided lineage 17.1 on slot a then you don't need these instructions and jump to flashing sfos:
I couldn't find any valid tutorial on getting stock android 10 but i've found stock fastbootable image somewhere (yes, don't trust it lol) so i will share it with you [link]

Also lineage removed 17.1 builds but the guy was making nightlies which are still available so i also uploaded the build i'm using for archive purposes [link]

Idea is that no matter where you are coming from or if you just bought device you should get to sfos this way. And if you are wondering still yes we will be removing ALL YOUR DATA so backup it.

Flash the provided stock via fastboot (there is script and even files for QDL but i haven't tested those). It's pretty straight forward you should figure it out, if not then there is some tutorial i think on this forum or on internet, if you can't handle it then give up really you can do more damage than good.

Verify that its booting, stock will be flashed to slot a. flash and boot twrp (android 10 version, link to image, link to installer) via "fastboot flash boot twrp-3.5.2_10-1-Z01RD.img" i'm not really using windows but you should be able to figure it out already. Flash lineage 17.1 from provided link, it will flash to slot b. afterwards flash twrp installer (the zip) so that you can boot twrp (just flashing twrp on boot on slot b doesn't work GO FIGURE). Reboot, verify that lineage is booting, reboot to bootloader, select recovery, hold power button (fastboot reboot recovery only works sometimes, again GO FIGURE). you should be back in twrp on slot b. Flash lineage again as well as twrp installer so that lineage will be installed on slot a as well as twrp will be bootable. reboot, verify that lineage boots and that you are in fact on slot a. Finally we have lineage on slot a.

Sailfish flashing instructions (come here if you have lineage 17.1 on slot a):
- download rootfs
- flash/boot twrp on slot a (or slot b, i'm not even sure at this point)
- wipe everything (you need to format data, not wipe, format. data NEEDS to be unencrypted, advanced -> format data -> yes, if you didn't realize yet we are wiping EVERYTHING so backup your data)
- Install rootfs (aka sailfish, it will flash kernel onto the same slot so you don't have to worry about switching slots, at least i hope so, if it doesn't boot, get the hybris-boot.img from the zip and fastboot flash boot it onto slot a)
- Boot
- Have fun

Changelog:
STABLE 1:
  • Initial public release

F.A.Q.

HOW TO REPORT BUG
After bug occurs type in the terminal following commands:
/usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat
devel-su dmesg
devel-su journalctl
and give me logs from there (do not paste it in the post! Use pastebin.com)
devel-su will ask you for password, you can set it in developer tools.

Contributors
Mister_Magister
Source Code: https://github.com/VerdandiTeam

Last edited:

mayker05

Feb 6, 2018
London
rootfs is missing... where can i find it.
i had it before and i misplaced it.
can anyone share the file with me

Mister_Magister

Jun 3, 2013
Currently what is blocking me is being unable to boot twrp at all so i cannot flash lineage 17.1 and therefore i cannot flash sfos. This device is such pita…

Mister_Magister

Jun 3, 2013
Good news, since i got 17.1 to work, i also got port working on 17 base and mobile data (and probably calls too) are working! So now hopefully i will have 100% working port as now i only have camera left to fix. After that i will release it again

Mister_Magister

Jun 3, 2013
Camera even with wide angle is working fine, i'm just fixing recording. Fingerprint doesn't want to preserve fingerptints between reboots and actdead (charging off screen) is not working

Mister_Magister

Jun 3, 2013
So i released the build because i was impatient. Instructions may sound difficult but if you know what you are doing then its pretty straightforward
Step 1 get provided lineage 17.1 installed on slot A
Step 2 make sure /data is unencrypted, format it
Step 3 flash sfos on slot A
Step 4 voila

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fKthGMN.png

SailfishOS for ASUS Zenfone 5Z by VerdandiTeam

Warning: Flashing this may void your device’s warranty, lead
    to data loss, hair loss, financial loss, privacy loss, security breaches, or other damage, and therefore
    must be done entirely at your own risk. No one affiliated with this project is responsible for your
    actions but yourself.

THIS IS NOT ANDROID NOR THERE IS ANY ANDROID APP SUPPORT. GO USE GNU OR SOMETHING

Not working:
    • Camera recording (in progress but i wanted to share the sfos with yall already)
    • Use advanced camera from openrepos if you want wide angle (jolla didn't get to add it to stock camera yet)
    • calls are untested altho should work
    • GPS is untested (probably works too)

INSTALL:
    Strap in for a ride, if at any step you don't know what you are doing, you better give up and stay on android. If i'm doing something incorrectly then tell me but i've been fighting over 3 days just to get lineage and twrp working… but maybe i'm just stoopid

If you can install provided lineage 17.1 on slot a then you don't need these instructions and jump to flashing sfos:
    I couldn't find any valid tutorial on getting stock android 10 but i've found stock fastbootable image somewhere (yes, don't trust it lol) so i will share it with you [link]

Also lineage removed 17.1 builds but the guy was making nightlies which are still available so i also uploaded the build i'm using for archive purposes [link]

Idea is that no matter where you are coming from or if you just bought device you should get to sfos this way. And if you are wondering still yes we will be removing ALL YOUR DATA so backup it.

Flash the provided stock via fastboot (there is script and even files for QDL but i haven't tested those). It's pretty straight forward you should figure it out, if not then there is some tutorial i think on this forum or on internet, if you can't handle it then give up really you can do more damage than good.

Verify that its booting, stock will be flashed to slot a. flash and boot twrp (android 10 version, link to image, link to installer) via "fastboot flash boot twrp-3.5.2_10-1-Z01RD.img" i'm not really using windows but you should be able to figure it out already. Flash lineage 17.1 from provided link, it will flash to slot b. afterwards flash twrp installer (the zip) so that you can boot twrp (just flashing twrp on boot on slot b doesn't work GO FIGURE). Reboot, verify that lineage is booting, reboot to bootloader, select recovery, hold power button (fastboot reboot recovery only works sometimes, again GO FIGURE). you should be back in twrp on slot b. Flash lineage again as well as twrp installer so that lineage will be installed on slot a as well as twrp will be bootable. reboot, verify that lineage boots and that you are in fact on slot a. Finally we have lineage on slot a.

Sailfish flashing instructions (come here if you have lineage 17.1 on slot a):
    - download rootfs
    - flash/boot twrp on slot a (or slot b, i'm not even sure at this point)
    - wipe everything (you need to format data, not wipe, format. data NEEDS to be unencrypted, advanced -> format data -> yes, if you didn't realize yet we are wiping EVERYTHING so backup your data)
    - Install rootfs (aka sailfish, it will flash kernel onto the same slot so you don't have to worry about switching slots, at least i hope so, if it doesn't boot, get the hybris-boot.img from the zip and fastboot flash boot it onto slot a)
    - Boot
    - Have fun

Changelog:
    STABLE 1:
    • Initial public release

F.A.Q.

HOW TO REPORT BUG
    After bug occurs type in the terminal following commands:
    /usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat
    devel-su dmesg
    devel-su journalctl
    and give me logs from there (do not paste it in the post! Use pastebin.com)
    devel-su will ask you for password, you can set it in developer tools.

Contributors
    Mister_Magister
    Source Code: https://github.com/VerdandiTeam
    Hybris17 is almost ready. I'll re-port 5z on top of lineage17/hybris17 in hope of getting modem fixed. If the modem will turn out to be fixed i will push it forward as current hybris16 based port has only stereo and modem broken.

HEY ITS NOT DEAD OKAY