Z1S Cases and Accessories

Search This thread

trovatrice

Jan 11, 2010
I can tell you that the DK31 fits a naked Z1s very nicely since I have the DK31 and use it every day. I'm sure if I pulled the adapter off, it might fit with the body glove case.

If you look at the photo of the dock in that link, you'll notice that it has a press-fit U-shaped channel in the slot. Mine came with two different sized channels. Both of them are too narrow for the body glove case. However... you can pull the pieces apart and get the cable out of it to use very nicely with the BG case. I fiddled around with some paper shims and managed to get the dock to work with the case, but since I prefer mine in portrait mode sitting on my desk, I just use the cable by itself and stick the phone upright in a business card holder. Works for me. (Just remember that the pins are different, and tail of the cable should lead down to the bottom of the phone)

Reactions: Don_Perrignon

cosine83

Apr 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
www.grathwohl.me
If you look at the photo of the dock in that link, you'll notice that it has a press-fit U-shaped channel in the slot. Mine came with two different sized channels. Both of them are too narrow for the body glove case. However... you can pull the pieces apart and get the cable out of it to use very nicely with the BG case. I fiddled around with some paper shims and managed to get the dock to work with the case, but since I prefer mine in portrait mode sitting on my desk, I just use the cable by itself and stick the phone upright in a business card holder. Works for me. (Just remember that the pins are different, and tail of the cable should lead down to the bottom of the phone)

I'm really not worried about it fitting with the BG case. I only put my phone in the case if I'm going out and take it off at home. Thanks for the tip, though!

Reactions: simonastro

mariussilverwolf

Apr 10, 2009
My wife and I just picked up a pair of Z1s from T-Mo USA Tuesday night. In our searching for cases, we stumbled upon the IVSO@ Xperia Z1S Super Matte Shield Cover High Quality Case on Amazon's USA site.

It's the only non-Body Glove case we've found with a cutout for the magnetic charger, and it doesn't look like it has anything that would start peeling. Not sure how well it would work with the DK3x docks, but we intend to find out soon.

From a functionality standpoint, do we have any real-world test results as to how well the NFC on the Z1/Z1s works through the more rugged cases?

expattx

Sep 2, 2009
My wife and I just picked up a pair of Z1s from T-Mo USA Tuesday night. In our searching for cases, we stumbled upon the IVSO@ Xperia Z1S Super Matte Shield Cover High Quality Case on Amazon's USA site.

It's the only non-Body Glove case we've found with a cutout for the magnetic charger, and it doesn't look like it has anything that would start peeling. Not sure how well it would work with the DK3x docks, but we intend to find out soon.

From a functionality standpoint, do we have any real-world test results as to how well the NFC on the Z1/Z1s works through the more rugged cases?

I have the Body Glove case and the NFC works for me through the case. I would love to know what you think of the case when you get it in. Mine as you know is peeling, makes the phone look older than it really is.

trovatrice

Jan 11, 2010

Looking at the photo of that phone and case, it seems odd to me... there is no hole for the rear mic, and the USB flap on the phone seems to be in the wrong place... Could that be for the Z1 compact? (mini) (which was briefly listed as the "s" BEFORE t-mo actually launched the big z1s). It could just be a generic photo, but that doesn't look like the t-mo z1s to me.

There are no dimensions listed either. Maybe make sure it's for the C6916.?

mariussilverwolf

Apr 10, 2009
Looking at the photo of that phone and case, it seems odd to me... there is no hole for the rear mic, and the USB flap on the phone seems to be in the wrong place... Could that be for the Z1 compact? (mini) (which was briefly listed as the "s" BEFORE t-mo actually launched the big z1s). It could just be a generic photo, but that doesn't look like the t-mo z1s to me.

There are no dimensions listed either. Maybe make sure it's for the C6916.?

You know, I got so caught up in looking for a case labelled for the Z1s with the magnetic port opening that I missed that bit. Good catch. Thank you.

Back to the drawing board.

recharged95

Oct 1, 2010
Note this case w/clip does not fit the Z1S--it's sort of fits, but the ends are bending due to the extra height...returning it cause I'm worried it could pop out of the case... but it is a really nice/light/sturdy case. I'll get it in the future when they get a Z1S model available.

I just got this mag charger. It currently charging so it works, will find out if it chargers 100% tomorrow.

Myst3ry

Jan 13, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
www.lopezfx.com
Note this case w/clip does not fit the Z1S--it's sort of fits, but the ends are bending due to the extra height...returning it cause I'm worried it could pop out of the case... but it is a really nice/light/sturdy case. I'll get it in the future when they get a Z1S model available.

I just got this mag charger. It currently charging so it works, will find out if it chargers 100% tomorrow.

yeha, if you could, please let us know how well that dock works out for you. :) Also, does the Z1s you have fit in there fine? What about with the case? or without the adapter on the dock?

recharged95

Oct 1, 2010

Ok, after 2 days, the dock works great! Charges to 100%. Running it on a usb hub takes maybe 12hrs to charge, but since it's usb, you can use your charger for faster rates. The cable is also twice as long as the others. Fits snug, but very easy to pull/push unit....quality unit.

The only problem is the snug fit, last night I put a zagg shield on... front and back protectors and it doesn't fit anymore, you need to force it on to the dock. Crappy matte back protector is too thick. So... I cut a cresent shape out of the back protector that exposed the original glass/asf and fits easy again... Perfect!

I recommend the zagg front protector, it's glossy, fits correctly, keeps brightness and is better scratch protection than the asf alone. You do lose a little glass glide feel. Their back protector sucks... I wish zagg made it glossy, the matte looks awful and thick.

pacion

Jun 6, 2013
Pittsburgh

Attachments

• dN9xCVO.jpg
    dN9xCVO.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 356
  • j8Z5L8A.jpg
    j8Z5L8A.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 340
  • C1v2QPD.jpg
    C1v2QPD.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 291

trovatrice

Jan 11, 2010
It looks so sexy and slick. I wonder if anyone has experience on this? I prefer aluminum holding feel. I got picture from their FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devilcase-Aluminum-Alloy-Bumper-Series/448520031891616

If you are thinking of making this case work with a z1s, I'll mention this: The t-mobile z1s would probably not work with this z1 case, even with careful mods. Some of the cases made with flexible materials can stretch to fit the z1s, but there are significant port location differences that would probably require a model-specific version of this case to make it work. The overall dimensions of the two phones are also different enough to make this type of zero tolerance case not work.

The z1s headphone jack on the top is in a different place. The rear microphone is also in a different place, (relatively easy to drill out two extra holes)

The LEFT side is the hardest modification to make. (I have tried to modify two stretchy z1 cases) On the z1s, the USB port is almost at the top corner of the phone. Re-cutting an additional opening for it on a standard z1 case weakens the case considerably along the bezel side. (There will be a useless pre-cut opening above the magnetic charger area, and the top corner for the new usb flap needs to be very close to the top corner.

I modded two z1 cases that do work, but now use the t-mobile body glove case, because it just works better. I doubt that this one could be made to fit.

pacion

Jun 6, 2013
Pittsburgh
Oh, ooops....I didn't realize that this thread is about Z1S

:good:
If you are thinking of making this case work with a z1s, I'll mention this: The t-mobile z1s would probably not work with this z1 case, even with careful mods. Some of the cases made with flexible materials can stretch to fit the z1s, but there are significant port location differences that would probably require a model-specific version of this case to make it work. The overall dimensions of the two phones are also different enough to make this type of zero tolerance case not work.

The z1s headphone jack on the top is in a different place. The rear microphone is also in a different place, (relatively easy to drill out two extra holes)

The LEFT side is the hardest modification to make. (I have tried to modify two stretchy z1 cases) On the z1s, the USB port is almost at the top corner of the phone. Re-cutting an additional opening for it on a standard z1 case weakens the case considerably along the bezel side. (There will be a useless pre-cut opening above the magnetic charger area, and the top corner for the new usb flap needs to be very close to the top corner.

I modded two z1 cases that do work, but now use the t-mobile body glove case, because it just works better. I doubt that this one could be made to fit.

Sorry about that~ post on the wrong thread.

stragabenz

Jun 17, 2010

It looks so sexy and slick. I wonder if anyone has experience on this? I prefer aluminum holding feel. I got picture from their FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devilcase-Aluminum-Alloy-Bumper-Series/448520031891616

Just to give you guys a heads up I spoke with one of the reps at DevilCase and they are making those bumper cases for our Z1s!!!! I threw my money at my screen when I saw that bumper case it looks so nice on the Z1 :good:

So hang tight hopefully we will have something within the next 2 months

Just to give you guys a heads up I spoke with one of the reps at DevilCase and they are making those bumper cases for our Z1s!!!! I threw my money at my screen when I saw that bumper case it looks so nice on the Z1 :good:

Lol, I logged on to say something similar.

My comment to them:
"Wow. Someone on a Z1s thread I follow accidentally posted a link to your page (thinking it was a Z1 thread). I'm glad they did, this is a gorgeous bumper. That said, do you think you might make a case for the Z1s' slightly different form factor? This would help me make a move toward the plastic framed, Z1s'..."

And their reply:
" Hi Kyle,

The design team is now considering the possibility for Z1s. Thank you for your interests.

DevilCase USA"

Here's hoping...

Reactions: fatannasty

twoeleven99

Sep 17, 2009
NYC/TAMPA
www.leopolancophotography.com
got the clarivue xtglass today. it DOES have cutouts, but not for the Z1s. I sent an email to clarivue sales explaining that and if not having the cutouts in the proper place will affect the sensor performance on the front. if so i want a refund or an exchange for a proper z1s xtglass. waiting on an email back from them. i also said that they shouldnt trick consumers into thinking the glass would fit both phones because on the sit it clearly says it is for the z1 or the z1s, as if its a universal size for both phones when it really isnt.

Attachments

• xtglass.jpg
    xtglass.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 149

randaddy

Jun 19, 2006
Bay Area, CA

Good idea, the more requests they get the faster they'll ramp up design/production! I just sent an inquiry as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm supposed the L39t cases works as I thought the z1s was strictly a Tmo US exclusive. Can you up some pics of it with your phone installed?

Here you go. This is an l39t case and the phone is a t-mobile Z1s.

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg
    Just a note for anyone looking for tempered glass protectors for the Z1S that have the sensor cutout in the correct place. Like other Nillkin products mentioned here, if you search for Nillkin tempered glass for the Xperia Z1 L39U you will get the correct tempered glass protector for our phones. I ordered a Nillkin tempered glass kit for the L39U off of ebay recently and now have it installed. It has the sensor holes on the right side, as they should be for the Z1S. Finally I was able to remove the shatter film from the front of the Z1S!

A side note, since others have mentioned the SONY logo coming off with the film on the original Z1, I can also confirm that the logo is under the glass on the Z1S, so no worries about the logo coming up with the film on our phones!
    I received a DK31 dock today and used it to charge my Z1s from 75% to 100%, no errors from what I could see. It took about a half hour, and was fairly quick from 75% to 95%, then slowed down significantly when going from 95% to 100%.

One thing to note is that it wouldn't charge when I hooked it up to a powered USB hub. I then used the USB port on the charger for my Vaio laptop, and that worked just fine. This appears to be consistent with a lot of other reports about the cable being very picky about the charger. I'll test it again later tonight with the USB charger that was included with the phone.

Got it from Amazon, seller "SHOPEBEST".

I recently lost my Z1

I got a nexus 5

My girlfriend got a Z1S from T-Mobile yesterday

Tonight I will give her my two official sony docks, extra screen protectors, USB pogo pin, and a case( with the top exposed so headphone thing shouldn't matter)

I will test out and report back and incompatibilities or if it is all okay.

by the way the Z1S for TMO does NOT come with the DK31 charging dock like the unlocked Z1 did

Yeah, I was sad it didn't come with the dock OR headphones.