{Z2}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

twistedddx

Oct 23, 2010
Very weird! As I just updated to the latest nightly and launched camera after reboot and it instantly started!

Works for me. The change was called "camera workaround hack" and was committed October 1 I believe.

I wonder if people are falling prey to the reboot bug, where the phone can't reboot correctly right now.
The phone may reboot without entering recovery, so the update never installed. People might think they are installing nightlies when they are not.

You need to manually get the phone to recovery by tapping the vol up during boot. Users should check their about screen to check they are actually installing updates.

Or even their cyandelta created zip is broken and is failing to install without them noticing.

PS i think the hack initializes the camera during boot so the user does not see the delay on their first launch of the camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariotme

skitty

Jul 17, 2005
Works for me. The change was called "camera workaround hack" and was committed October 1 I believe.

I wonder if people are falling prey to the reboot bug, where the phone can't reboot correctly right now.
The phone may reboot without entering recovery, so the update never installed. People might think they are installing nightlies when they are not.

You need to manually get the phone to recovery by tapping the vol up during boot. Users should check their about screen to check they are actually installing updates.

Or even their cyandelta created zip is broken and is failing to install without them noticing.

PS i think the hack initializes the camera during boot so the user does not see the delay on their first launch of the camera.

Nope. Am definitely on the newest nightly and I still have delay

B1nny

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2008

This is indeed what the workaround does. I'm not sure what funky stuff is going on with the camera implementation, but it seems like if you initialize the camera without showing a preview and then close it again it 'solves' the issue.
You can find the origins of the workaround here.

erbse

Sep 1, 2008
Hi,
first i want say thx to all developers which make it possible to use
cm and cm base roms on the z2.

I installed the last CM nightly, AICP and one more and checked them
if they have the same issue while video playing / start video playback
for some videos.
I read the most news on the smartphone and so i watch some videos
too. I checked some news sites and i have the most problems with
videos from www.stern.de and the browser ( android browser and chrome)
is equal.

examples links for tests :
youtube-streich-mit-bugatti-veyron-so-leicht-lassen-sich-frauen-von-teuren-autos-beeindrucken -> doesn't work and the whole system crashs
leguan-in-lingen-in-niedersachsen-gefunden-tier-hing-im-baum-und-ueberraschte-bei-der-gartenarbeit-2146608 -> works

you will find in the attachment the logcat msg (start logcat recording until the system is crashed).
Maybe someone can try to reproduce the bug and fix it?

big thx .
i checked the videos with a new build and it seems that
the problem is fixed with the latest av changes.
till now i can't reproduce the system crash.

big thx.

Spellbound_91

Feb 8, 2013
Plovdiv
What is the battery life with CM?After i bought Z2 I'm not use CM11.I have no monitoring above this development .Another think ,what is the camera quality (for pictures,i don't record clips)?what bugs to expect?

lexman098

Aug 15, 2012
Has anyone tried playing music from the SD card over bluetooth on this ROM? I had an issue with a previous xperia phone, and I'm considering this one.

Manya3084

Oct 4, 2010
Melbourne
Anyone notice that adaptive backlight doesn't work. I'd you enable it and leave the display settings, when you go back it is disabled again.

mariotme

Feb 7, 2011
Amman
Anyone noticed that proximity sensor that isn't working on the 29th nightly?
Also automatic brightness isn't functioning

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    {Z2}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4 which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

XDA:DevDB Information
    {Z2}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    jerpelea, Kali-, Bin4ry

Version Information

Created 2014-07-08
    Last Updated 2014-07-08
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    first time
    - power off the phone:
    - hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img (from cm10 zip)
    - fastboot reboot
    - enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
    - flash rom zip
    - flash gapps zip
    - wipe
    - reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
    Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP

Homepage
    www.freexperiaproject.net
    nfc is also working
    thanks to all who made this possible supporting us
    contributing with code, donations or even trusting us
    thanks to SONY that made all this possible !
    Any way we can also test those patches? And any potential fix for camera?

The touchscreen fix should be merged (https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/277b0e79e8800bf8b9227a0fe8123fc7d7475171)

BT patch will be up for review today at some point

Camera is an entirely different beast, may not be fixable with the current set of prebuilt blobs.