• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Z2][ROM][WIP][EXP] - Android Lollipop 5.0 AOSP

Search This thread

Jinsuke32

Jun 21, 2011
Latest synched build, something changed..
Probably data fixed..
please try and let me know..

BOOT IMG : https://mega.co.nz/#!4FQEWRrI!70BWk0VXUtQbXQkD1GteoQpAndXHA0SESGe4ZbBnJuM

SYSTEM : https://mega.co.nz/#!ZNYn0RaR!pU7iYetsBqbN8GRSewSa8Fey00VLZvXrZxfzcL4aAxo

USER DATA : https://mega.co.nz/#!9ERGnQiA!YWMKTQQJnPhCVyBneY2s-DoQ-96CJ8PIIY5q0JfcDjc

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img (THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA/SDCARD0) and This is not needed if you already on Lollipop

please let know network/ data fixed or not..

Nope...still same problem. No data and wifi doesn't work either.

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
Nope...still same problem. No data and wifi doesn't work either.

You will need to add the modem firmware to /system/etc/firmware in the first place before mobile data can even work at all. I have a build running where the RIL and mobile data basically works, but there are still issues with the network on a very low level.

I will try this build and apply my modifications to it (my own kernel and specific firmware files and libraries from 4.4 and KitKat) and see if I can get mobile data to work now.

azam426

Sep 26, 2011
Try Flashing this RIL lib files for Network..

A test fix for RIL (Network)
Please Flash in Recovery (as a temporary workaround for a recovery flash doomkernel and flash the zip, then flash original Lollipop kernel)
or
Extract the zip and use Root explorer to push to appropriate Directories and set permission..
And let us know It worked or not..

Attachments

• RIL_XperiaZ2-LP5.0.zip
    182.8 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: deezid

MattJaO3D

Oct 26, 2012
Cardiff
Please Flash in Recovery (as a temporary workaround for a recovery flash doomkernel and flash the zip, then flash original Lollipop kernel)
or
Extract the zip and use Root explorer to push to appropriate Directories and set permission..

will test, give me hour, have to back up and so on, hope this works (y)

edit
nope does not work :( i flashed zip too clarify

Last edited:

deezid

Jun 26, 2010
Viersen
or

Tried your zip but it doesn't help, sadly. The same as before. Error if I try to connect to a network manually.

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
The RIL test fix zip contains some rild and libril.so from I don't really know where, but the libril.so needs libuicc.so, which is not part of the ZIP.

Perhaps add it to the ZIP and we can test it again? Not sure if it will work, but it's sure worth a try.

MattJaO3D

Oct 26, 2012
Cardiff
yeah could try that , im free all week end to do testing, btw screen brightness now works, so does screen shot lol, volume keys work, but still no sound, making progress slowly

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
Its amazing how bloody smooth it is. I mean it feels like a iOS device in smoothness. Same bugs as stated already. On/Off button creates crash... its pretty awesome its come this far in so little time.

Tried RIL also both flashed and pushed with right permission but does not work.

Reactions: zantekk

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
Do wifi work? Data and cell connection? What about recovery? And kernel? And root?

Wifi and data or cell for that matter doesnt work. Recovery isnt there im afraid. I fastboot a CM kernel and then flash the AndroidL boot.img and system from cm11 recovery after ive done what i need to... made a flashable zip...

Now root is interesting. Cant get it to work. Tried flashing supersu.zip latest but it doesnt show... Might have to do with that restrictive SE Linux stuff... SuperSU might need an update... i dont know,,..

bluheart

May 8, 2011
Kozhikode
Jhon998, this is not for people who are simple. Let the devs do their work while we wait in peace.

Great discussions here indeed. I am waiting for my Z2 to be back from service center :(

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
So in from 0% to 100% how close is this to being completed?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Well actually getting it to boot is an amazing accomplishment. But considering Sony practically handed it on a silver platter one can question how come more doesn't work straight from source as it's supposed to.
It's like: Here you are, oh BTW, we just made it barely bootable. The rest is up to you :)

0 - 100... Well maybe 40. Radio is dead. Camera is not there. Sound is off and seems like on/off on the screen causes crashes and root is not available at the moment and kernel doesn't have recovery...

Give it time. Most of these bugs are relatively easy to fix for a good dev.

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
0 - 100... Well maybe 40. Radio is dead. Camera is not there. Sound is off and seems like on/off on the screen causes crashes and root is not available at the moment and kernel doesn't have recovery...

Give it time. Most of these bugs are relatively easy to fix for a good dev.

Umm.. OK so:

* I have radio working up to the point where I even obtain an IP address from the cell provider's router, but the local routing table on the android device is somehow broken and I can't actually use the connection. So I would say mobile data in itself is at something of 75% done.

* I have working texting and calls. 100% text and calls?

* I have working sound, but routing doesn't work (different kind of routing than above). It means that when I plug in the headphones, sound still comes from the speaker. Working on it but, also 50 or even 75% done?

* Sensors work: I can rotate, screen goes black when making a call and you cover the sensor area. Maybe not all sensors are working yet, but at least those two are. ???% done

Working on fixing bluetooth right now.

I wanted to attach screenshots but there is still some error with surfaceflinger which doesn't allow it.

Either way, we're making progress.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Small correction:

Just tested and checked: ALL sensors work.

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Umm.. OK so:

* I have radio working up to the point where I even obtain an IP address from the cell provider's router, but the local routing table on the android device is somehow broken and I can't actually use the connection. So I would say mobile data in itself is at something of 75% done.

* I have working texting and calls. 100% text and calls?

* I have working sound, but routing doesn't work (different kind of routing than above). It means that when I plug in the headphones, sound still comes from the speaker. Working on it but, also 50 or even 75% done?

* Sensors work: I can rotate, screen goes black when making a call and you cover the sensor area. Maybe not all sensors are working yet, but at least those two are. ???% done

Working on fixing bluetooth right now.

I wanted to attach screenshots but there is still some error with surfaceflinger which doesn't allow it.

Either way, we're making progress.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Small correction:

Just tested and checked: ALL sensors work.

Nice work on sensors, how did you fix them? :p

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts