• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Z2][ROM][WIP][EXP] - Android Lollipop 5.0 AOSP

Search This thread

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
Nice work on sensors, how did you fix them? :p

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

I copied all neccessary config files from a 4.4 ROM in /system/etc to the L installation and made sure that hardware-wise (driver/library wise) everything is OK. If you need specific help with your Z1 ROM maybe we could meet on Hangouts or something?

I'm trying to fix backlight control now, but the Linux driver is somehow broken, it has a range of 0-4095 instead of 0-255. I just went through all the framework code and there is nothing I can do except fix the Linux driver..

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Ok, also mic issues on Z2? It doesn't work on Z1 for now

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
Ok, also mic issues on Z2? It doesn't work on Z1 for now

Uuh.. well, mic itself DOES work fine, but same routing problem really. So I can make calls and everything and people hear me but routing is broken.

Mind I ask how you fixed the audio routing (if it was broken in the first place)?

Last edited:

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
Uuh.. well, mic itself DOES work fine, but same routing problem really. So I can make calls and everything and people hear me but routing is broken.

Mind I ask how you fixed the audio routing (if it was broken in the first place)?

People can't hear me on Z1. But mic indeed seems to work like you say. I haven't fixed audio routing yet. But I'm almost finished with full selinux support for rhine platform :) might help for some things maybe with all security stuff in lollipop :p

adwinp

Jun 22, 2008
urandom
AFAIK, most official 5.0 builds are based on the 3.10 kernel version (except for Nexus 5).
If you're still using a 3.4.10 kernel, you should replace the kernel-headers in the device tree to correspond to the kernel version you're using.
Code:
Check out device-shinano/kernel-headers/linux/msm_audio.h & msm_audio_acdb.h
The former definitely defines some audio routing.
You should also look at your overlay for:
Code:
packages/services/Telephony/res/values/config.xml
These should at the very least contain:
Code:
<resources>
    <!-- Determine whether calls to mute the microphone in PhoneUtils
         are routed through the android.media.AudioManager class (true) or through
         the com.android.internal.telephony.Phone interface (false). -->
    <bool name="send_mic_mute_to_AudioManager">true</bool>

<!-- Flag indicating if the tty is enabled -->
    <bool name="tty_enabled">true</bool>

<!-- Show enabled lte option for lte device -->
    <bool name="config_enabled_lte" translatable="false">true</bool>
</resources>

Code:
Automatic brightness should be fixed if you set a value of "1" in /sys/devices/mdss_dsi_panel/cabc
in your init.device.rc

Last edited:

bobs158

Feb 17, 2014
Gold Coast
This may help

Hey this form may help, its another developer working on lollipop for Xperia Z2.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...m-aosp-5-0-beta-v2-0-lollipop-xperia-t2942721
He has a link to his source codes under all the screenshots, he has also managed to make:
- Bluetooth
- Wifi
- NFC??
- LED
- Texting
- Calling
- Sound
- Sensors
- Auto-Brightness
- Vibration
- Screen/Touch
- SELinux
all work but hasn't managed to make camera, mobile data and GPS work

3f1f37

Feb 16, 2011
Cape Town
I think the dev's working on this should just pool their talent & resources and collectively create a build with the basic functions working, then focus on adding increased stability.

My 2 cents

Reactions: zantekk

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
I think the dev's working on this should just pool their talent & resources and collectively create a build with the basic functions working, then focus on adding increased stability.

My 2 cents

They all seem to be working on Getting mobile data working right now.
It apears stable enough to use daily but not exacly normal use ready.

Good idea tho.

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
They all seem to be working on Getting mobile data working right now.
It apears stable enough to use daily but not exacly normal use ready.

Good idea tho.
Here's a quick heads-up from me: It is stable enough for daily use, but not everything works, yes.

Working in my WIP:

- Calls (everything)
- Texting
- Wifi (everything)
- Screen on/off (basically depends on a bug with Wifi: if Wifi is on, then the device doesn't reboot on screen off)
- Mobile data basiclly works, but you can't use it because there is an internal routing problem with netd. The modem connects fine, it shows 3G (or for me 4G), I even have an IP address from the cell tower, but Android doesn't manage to get the routing right, and I can't seem to do it either
- Proper backlight control (not like in the other ROMs; for the other devs: I had to change liblights for shinano for lib/hw/lights.shinano.so); I can control the backlight in the full range
- Notification LED
- All sensors
- Sound (except the sound routing is broken; you have to use an app like SoundAbout)

What doesn't work:

- Bluetooth
- GPS

We're all working on it. Be patient, people, we'll all have it soon enough.

adyscorpius

Here's a quick heads-up from me: It is stable enough for daily use, but not everything works, yes.

Working in my WIP:

- Calls (everything)
- Texting
- Wifi (everything)
- Screen on/off (basically depends on a bug with Wifi: if Wifi is on, then the device doesn't reboot on screen off)
- Mobile data basiclly works, but you can't use it because there is an internal routing problem with netd. The modem connects fine, it shows 3G (or for me 4G), I even have an IP address from the cell tower, but Android doesn't manage to get the routing right, and I can't seem to do it either
- Proper backlight control (not like in the other ROMs; for the other devs: I had to change liblights for shinano for lib/hw/lights.shinano.so); I can control the backlight in the full range
- Notification LED
- All sensors
- Sound (except the sound routing is broken; you have to use an app like SoundAbout)

What doesn't work:

- Bluetooth
- GPS

We're all working on it. Be patient, people, we'll all have it soon enough.
Could the mobile routing be an issue with the hosts file?

lonely2k5

Oct 26, 2007
can we get this img files?
i don't need gps for now (don't know where i'm going so gps is no use :) ) and also don't use headphones...
but would like to play with it a bit...

cheep5k8

Sep 26, 2012
Berlin
can we get this img files?
i don't need gps for now (don't know where i'm going so gps is no use :) ) and also don't use headphones...
but would like to play with it a bit...

Definitely. I'm at work right now, I'll try to create a boot.img and system.img file in a break later on, you can use userdata.img from any of the other 5.0 Z2 ROMS. I'll make a top-level post when it's done.

Reactions: Me‎

furrypotato

Oct 18, 2007
Port Talbot
If i have time ill make a flashable Zip and if i have even more time ill unpack your boot img and ill try adding a recovery
(slow computer=15 mins to boot ubuntu 14.10 LXDE)

Flashble zip appreciated.
Not that I haven't used flashboot hundreds of times over the years, but with a 2 year old running around the room its safer with a zip.(he had unplugged cable mid flash once, luckily phone survived )

Reactions: Reb0rn

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v

That's CM12: Running it on my Phone ATM too, no data at all tho :(
Screenshot_1970-07-19-07-54-44.png
@infected_ I was faster :p Check the Kernel build date :p
We might should talk to each other if we can help us somehow tho ;)

Maybe a SELinux issue ? SELinux managed to kick my ass in the last time, it was even resposible for CM12 not booting on my device. (Now it is tho).

Top Liked Posts