Z3 Dual (6633) unlock bootloader dual IMEI and root

Search This thread

luisxd

Jan 10, 2012
Mexicali, BC
I currently have a Z3 Dual (6633) and while I was trying to unlock the bootloader usin the Sony Xperia site method and it requires mi IMEI, i noticed that my phone has two IMEI's, so, would it be okey if i use whichever of both ones? or do i have to use one in specific?

Also, I was reading the guide for rooting and it says i need and older version of the firmware i currently have instaled (via OTA; 23.4.A.1.264), can i just flash the older without any problem or does that version has any issue?

thanks in advance :)

Licaon_Kter

Jun 9, 2015
You know you don't need to unlock if you only want root and you don't want custom compiled kernels, right?

luisxd

Jan 10, 2012
Mexicali, BC
Yes. for that.
Do read about TA backup and DRM keys though. ;)

I just went full retard and did it without backing up my TA partition, though I've never had to do it on my previous cellphones didn't think that it would be an issue.
But, after doing it, I haven't noticed any change on my system or apps, Track ID seems to be working okay, also X-R is still activated on my device, which other thing is supposed to stop working?

luisxd

Jan 10, 2012
Mexicali, BC

Is there a possibility that my DRM's or function would not be lost after the unlocked bootloader?, or even the options are there they no longer work?
F556CF84F.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts