z3735f Baytrail Pipo W3f dual boot image flash to Nextbook Flexx 11 ????

Search This thread

adambomb_13

Jul 17, 2007
I need some help and advice from someone who knows what they are talking about.
I have a Nextbook Flexx 11 and I love it! Most people who own one generally do love them. it is an 11.6" 2 in 1 tablet with detachable keyboard. I am currently dual booting windows 10 and Android 4.4 kitkat. Im using Android X86 and no one I mean no one can get the audio to work on baytrail, not even the dev himself, so its virtually useless

My question is:
My computer and the Pipo w3f both use the baytrail z3735f and most of the other hardware is similar or the same. It is UEFI and the secure boot can be and is disabled. I found a guide and images to use the dual boot bios and android/windows OS's for the Pipo w3f here:
http://techtablets.com/2015/03/pipo...s-and-how-to-flash-the-pipo-w3f-to-dual-boot/

Can I do this to my PC (The Nextbook Flexx 11) without screwing it up?

Here are my specs for the 2 PCs:

Nextbook Flexx 11:
http://www.hardreset.info/devices/efun/efun-nextbook-flexx-11/specs/
Pipo w3f:
http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/b25e327f

prpetrov

Oct 21, 2007
Just curious did you try? Would not advice you to do this because some of the specs are not the same especially display resolution and lcd size and even if they are the same only one setting in the bios can make your device a brick.

Tofor

May 18, 2017
I have been doing my own research into the audio issue with these devices and feel I may have some information that may help. I have a tarp backup of the Nextbook Ares 8a which uses the exact same board as mine and yours. Also I noticed this comment in my own recovery log files before. In the very beginning of the log it states "device has no real sound card" which leads me to believe it uses a virtual sound card or one that has been programmed in. The x86 versions of Android would not contain the programming for such a card as most tablets have one built into the board itself. You may be able to fix the audio by coping the lib.so files for the sound from a Nextbook backup and it may fix the audio. You would have to add a comment in the manifest file for each added file. I found 3 or 4 files that were commented that may need to be copied. After discovering this I am almost positive that is why there is no working sound when installing x86 on these Nextbook devices. I would be more than happy to try this modification but my nextbook does not boot... Hope that helps

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

You could try flashing your Nextbook with the image from the other device you posted about above but make sure you make a backup before doing so. It does not take much difference in the configuration of 2 devices that use the same system board to brick a device. I gave my suggestion above simply because the ares 8a and the ares 11a virtually use the exact same board. Only difference in the configuration is the screen size and ram. Your pill w3f device may have a completely different configuration for their sound or memory or the screen may be made by a different manufacturer which would most likely cause major issues and could damage or brick your Nextbook. Flashing anything that was not made specifically for your device is extremely risky. However they are both Intel based devices which utilize plug and play and can handle most configurations. Something Intel is very well known for is it's universal compatibility.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------
I gave my suggestion above simply because the ares 8a and the ares 11a virtually use the exact same board. Only difference in the configuration is the screen size and ram. .

I'm not so sure that's exactly true, the Ares 8A uses NX16A8116 or NX16A8116k while as far as I can tell the ares 11a uses NX16A19132SPX but admittedly, the boards look very similar and perhaps only differs in revision number. But in either case, I am sure that the Nextbook Flexx 11 is different than the Nextbook Ares 11a as one comes with windows and the other with android. So to make the comparison between the two would be under the wrong assumption and I can guarantee the motherboard for the Flexx 11 is different than the Ares 8A as I just took my Flexx 11A (NXW116QC264) which uses a NXM1106BFP motherboard and it doesn't even look like the board for the ares 8A.

I appreciate the good intentions but would advise the OP against what you're suggesting to be similar when there seems to be a mistake of differentiation in the particular model being discussed. (See Nextbook Flexx 11A & Nextbook Ares 11A (Gen2))

... to use the dual boot bios and android/windows OS's for the Pipo w3f here:
http://techtablets.com/2015/03/pipo...s-and-how-to-flash-the-pipo-w3f-to-dual-boot/
Can I do this to my PC (The Nextbook Flexx 11) without screwing it up?
As for the OP, I'm willing to volunteer as tribute if you happen to have another mirror for the files (as the ones on the page you linked seems to be overwhelmed and extremely slow to respond--appears it's linked to a Google Drive account), my Flexx 11 has been bricked ever since I changed a BIOS setting and won't boot at all. If I have it connected to the keyboard then it will light up but that's it. Nothing on screen, can't be detected when attached by USB to a PC, nor will the microUSB power on a thumb drive plugged in. So, worth a try if I can even get into the EFI shell. But, I'll keep trying to download and see what I can do...

Last edited:

Tofor

May 18, 2017
I apologize as it appears you are correct that the 2 boards are indeed different. I should have done my research better before i posted that. However it appears you and I seem to have a simular problem with our devices as I too messed with the bios settings and cannot get it to boot or do anything but sit at the first nextbook splash screen. However i think i may have figured out what settings i changed that messed it up. I actually have 3 nextbook flexx 11a devices. In bios there is an option in all 3 to either boot to windows or android however i changed the usb option that makes the micro usb port work in host mode or to my own belief makes it into a charging port and otg connection without needing the otg adapder. This has caused an issue as windows does not see the device now as i need an otg cable to hook it to windows and that seems to reverse the effect since it is already in otg mode. My next option is to take 2 usb cables and make both ends into micro usb and hook it to a rooted tablet and see if since i removed the need for an otg adapder if the tablet will read it in adb. If that made any sense at all... give me your thoughts on this as i am now using the board from one of the other 2 nextbooks and those are the 1gb ram versions and i need to fix the 2gb version which is much much better.

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Also. Have you tried hooking a regular keyboard up and smashing the Esc key at boot. It should boot it to the bios which worked on one of my 1gb versions.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone